Have a wonderful time SA and Mr SA

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,376 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hola :)

Quick update as Mr SA still asleep. We're having a fab time. Hotel is brilliant, we came here last year and would definitely return again. Weather is fantastic, really hot and sunny. We had a storm Wednesday lunchtime and it rained for an hour, then the sun came back out and it seemed hotter than ever! We couldn't have wished for a better hotel room. We've got a huge terrace with sunbeds which is great for in the day as I can sunbathe while Mr SA watches TV in the air con :) The only downside is there's no fridge but we've got round it by bringing a cool bag and putting a bag of ice in it, lasts most of the day.

We're limited to what we can/where we can go because of Mr SA. We've got the wheelchair but everywhere is uneven pavements and I will never try pushing a wheelchair on a beach again! Plus Mr SA is so heavy I'm struggling to push him. He had a fall Thursday night and was helped up by some locals. He's ok, he grazed his knee that's all.

We we to the Sunset Strip and ate in Cafe Manbo for my birthday. Mr SA got the waiters to bring me a bottle of bubbly and sing Happy Birthday which was lovely. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the champagne was €100 and panicked until I saw the label said Prosecco, although it was still €30. I had a fabulous night though and watched the beautiful sunset listening to my favourite sort of music. The atmosphere on the sunset strip is amazing - it's an experience you don't forget. I'd like to go back again before we go but Mr SA isn't too keen.

We had a more frugal day yesterday, I bought food from the shop and we ate on the balcony for lunch, although the prices in the local bars are reasonable enough. There's a bar at the back of the hotel does good food and we've been there quite a lot.

I'm missing my dog, DD says everything is fine back home.

I'm sitting here on the balcony watching the young ones just coming back from the clubs :)

Hope everyone is ok :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So pleased that you are having a great time, happy belated birthday.

Cool, no cold and wet here, I got up in the night and changed into a long sleeve wincyette night shirt I was so cold:(
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad to hear you're having an amazing time SA! Happy Belated Birthday to you :D.

I have watched the sunset from Mambo too, amazing. If DH doesnt want to go you'll have to round up some friends to go with ;). Ive got a really funny photo of 2 of my friends in Mambo coming to think of it and it cracks me up every time I think about it :rotfl:

Enjoy the rest of your holiday xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,376 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mr SA has gone down to the hotel bar without me. He's been ready to go out for ages. It's still absolutely scorching and far too hot to eat. I've given him €6 to get himself a couple of beers and said I'll join him when I'm ready. Still trying to persuade him to go back to Mambo tomorrow night as it will be our last proper night where we don't have to get up early. The coach picks us up at 8.15am Tuesday.

I went for a long walk on my own this morning all along the sea front from the bay into San Antonio. As much as I like sunbathing I can't lay on a sunbed all day long. Bought some prezzies for the GKs.

The view from our balcony is so lovely I've hardly read any of my book, I just keep looking at the view. They're just setting up for a wedding on the beach - it looks amazing, it's the second one this week so far.

I love love love Ibiza :happyhear
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sounds like you are having an amazing time! Tell Mr SA it’s YOUR birthday trip so YOU decide what to do on the last night!! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you are having a great time :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sounds amazing SA xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,118 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You are bringing back some great memories - we went to a wedding in Ibiza and watched the sun set from Sunset Strip - it was a lovely holiday and the wedding was idyllic.

Enjoy the rest of your stay, hopefully including another sunset.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like you're having an amazing time.
    Happy belated birthday :bdaycake:
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport