Cheap Ryanair Flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    elash wrote: »
    Could anyone help? I thought the 'free' fares included all taxes and charges? (except payment,luggage etc). However, even though i cam find lots of 0.00 fees, these still add on taxes, even when i take off the insurance/check in extras. Any ideas? Thanks

If you are using the current offer you need to check which flights are 1p from your airport, for example from Edinburgh there are only 3 destinations thats are 1p, then you need to make sure that you are booking midweek and not at the weekend and not over school holidays in October and Christmas/New Year.
  • stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes - most of them!

However there arw some notable exceptions. Bologna is a fair distance from Forli, Paris is even further from Beauvais and Oslo is nowhere near Torp. There are good links from these places to the City centres, you just have to be aware of the distances.

Edit - Please add others if you can think of them

Bratislava is in a different country to Vienna!
    Pisa is a fair distance from Florence.

In my experience, most of them AREN'T anywhere near the city they say - and/or you have to spend an hour and upto £30 getting from airport to city centre. You just have to add this into your costings - but the extra time and money (plus airport parking) does make this hard to use the flights for day tripping.

I did ask which ones ARE, rather than AREN'T?
  • mystic_trev
    mystic_trev Posts: 5,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did ask which ones ARE, rather than AREN'T?

and I told you most of them From London Stansted (alone) they fly to a 100 destinations. If you think I'm going through that lot working out how far the Airports are away from Towns or Cities, I haven't got the time. Work it out yourself you lazy bugg@r if you're that interested! :rotfl:
  • stphnstevey
    Options
    and I told you most of them From London Stansted (alone) they fly to a 100 destinations. If you think I'm going through that lot working out how far the Airports are away from Towns or Cities, I haven't got the time. Work it out yourself you lazy bugg@r if you're that interested! :rotfl:

Most of them AREN'T - thats why I was asking for the rare ones that ARE.

No body asked you to go through each one - just if people have found the airport within easy reach of the city centre it would be useful info for everyone when planning a trip (particularly a cheap day trip)

Asking for other people's advice and experiences is not 'lazy' - it's the whole ethos of this forum.
  • labhras
    labhras Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    Bremen Airport in Germany is only a 5 min tram ride away form the town and its free
  • mystic_trev
    mystic_trev Posts: 5,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Most of them AREN'T - thats why I was asking for the rare ones that ARE.

I said most of them ARE near the City or town - read my original post :rolleyes: I've already made six flights this year and the Longest trip into a City or town has taken me 40 minutes, and that was Dublin! I walked fro Klagenfurt Airport, into town and that only took me 30 minutes!
  • stphnstevey
    Options
    I said most of them ARE near the City or town - read my original post :rolleyes: I've already made six flights this year and the Longest trip into a City or town has taken me 40 minutes, and that was Dublin! I walked fro Klagenfurt Airport, into town and that only took me 30 minutes!

OK then, what were the four others that took less than 40 mins - that's what I was after!
  • aardvark65
    aardvark65 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    I agree, I have done Porto, Seville, Dublin, Cork all with easy (and mostly cheap) transfers into city - just do a little research first. I LOVE Ryanair because I travel so much more and see places I would not have due to getting such bargains. Living easy distance from Stansted helps. I hate being ripped off but ignore the titles of all charges just always look at the overall amount. We have just booked for a city break to Zaragoza in October for £4.84 return for the 2 of us (would have been 4p if I could be bothered to get an electron card). I had never heard of Zaragoza but it looks fantastic. There is a short bus ride into the city - I looked that and accommodation up before booking. I just see packing carry on baggage as a challenge - it has made us think alot more about what we take! Last month I did a daytrip to Dublin for under a tenner, even with parking and bus, I could not have got the train to London for the day for less!
    Ryanair obviously use charges to get you to book the way they want. Play the game and you can get some fantastic bargains.
  • CJBerri
    CJBerri Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Just booked a return flight from Dublin to London Gatwick for £7.17 (3 passengers). Got caught out on the Visa Debit fees :(. Thanks for pointing out the offer!
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Booking is now extended to midnight 16th June and do check what dates your departure airport has the 1p flights for as Edinburgh is still showing from Oct to Jan but they do in fact have some in July and August for Dublin.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure