PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Options
    I forgot I had the jar of pasta sauce in the fridge so I didn't have the stir fry last night.

I chopped up and roasted some carrot, onion and a red pepper and then had it with the pasta sauce and the noodles. It was really delish. I'm about to have the leftovers for brunch.:cool:
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I forgot I had the jar of pasta sauce in the fridge so I didn't have the stir fry last night.

I chopped up and roasted some carrot, onion and a red pepper and then had it with the pasta sauce and the noodles. It was really delish. I'm about to have the leftovers for brunch.:cool:

That sounds delish hun .Might try that soon.I've got a lentil Dahl for tea today :D
    Ps I've no idea of my house's measurements :o
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I've had a pink grapefruit and a cup of chai tea.

I'm having baked mushrooms for lunch.
    candygirl wrote: »
    I've got a lentil Dahl for tea today :D

Ooh, nice!:A
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,146 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    I have no idea what size my house in sq ft. More than big enough for me anyway:).
    I not so much had a snooze this afternoon as passed out for a couple of hours, don't think I'll any problem slepping tonight though (fingers crossed):cool:.
    Still deciding if I fancy pasta tonight or if a baked spud appeals more. I have a small amount of savoury mince in the freezer with some added veg it could with either. I'll make my mind up shortly.
    Looks as though we are for some wild weather on Friday/Saturday:(, I was going to move some pots of mini daffs that have began to flower to where I could see them better, but as they are in a sheltered corner I'll leave them there for now. It would a shame to have them blown to bits:eek:. It's so good to see some signs of Spring in the garden.:D
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening everyone

A wet and grey day here too with strong winds and rain forecast for the next few days.

Busy couple of days here with uni and general life stuff. I got my exam results yesterday and gor 87% for the Policing module and 77% each for the Criminal Law and Criminological Theories modules respectively. Am feeling very proud of myself and it was worth all the hard work and lack of a life over Christmas and early January.

Food has been very hit and miss but I had a sausage sandwich for tea tonight and it was lush :D

p.s I also wouldn't know the square footage of my house :rotfl:
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Options
    Today I've not had anything unusually exciting....

1/ 2 pieces of toast.
    2/ 4 fish fingers and some oven chips.
    3/ 1 small peshwari naan (L1dl pack of 6, they're packed in two vacuum compartments of 3 and I'd already eaten the other two yesterday).
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    I have no idea what size my house in sq ft.

I only know mine as it's on the sales details - and I'm noting the size of others as I go through those that come to market....

Ultimately size in itself won't make a difference... but it is vaguely interesting to note how big/small places are. Layout makes a huge difference, as do room dimensions; a living room might be, say, 150 sq ft, but if it's 15'x10' then that's a long corridor, versus 12'x12' which is a better sized room :)

In layout you can lose so much space due to a poor design... like mine - there's this "nothing but a big hallway with an awkward loo" bit in the middle I have to walk into and around between the living room and the kitchen, bl00dy annoying it is... it's the sort of layout that could have me walking into the wall holding a hot coffee if I'm rushing from the kitchen with a freshly made coffee to the living room, turning the lights out behind me.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Options
    Omg I just made a toastie, n put lentil Dahl,a bit of cheese n sweet chilli sauce in it.Sounds random, but it was lush :p
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Congratulations Sunny good to see all your hard work paid off :T:T

Farway your carp weather made its way to me :(. When I opened the front door for his lordship 7am this morning and discussed the benefits of front or back garden (ok it was a rather one sided conversation) it was gray but clear but by the time I left at 8am it was heavy fog :( I'm assuming you've also had the heavy rain we've had for the last couple of hours. This will teach me to complain about de-icing the car :cool:

Lunch today was minestrone soup, the last portion tomorrow :) dinner was using LOs from the fridge I made a tomato and bean 'stew' with bacon, spring onions, pepper and courgette, sun dried tomato's and stirred in a teaspoon of tahini it turned out very tasty but my LOs generated LOs not a full portion but I made too much for one meal when I add a bread roll
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • PasturesNew
    edited 7 February 2019 at 3:14PM
    Options
    I'm definitely in the food doldrums, fed up with what I've got, but it needs to be eaten....

I bought a pint of milk about 6 days ago ... it's still not been opened. It's got 3 more days before the date... and I did intend on making a quiche/similar with it... thing is, I'd like pastry with that. I've a part-sheet of ready-rolled that I flattened/froze, but that bit's not big enough for what I had in mind .... and I'd need to find a dish it fits.

But I think I should make the effort to make that today .... or not... maybe tomorrow ....

I really fancy a bit of old fashioned cheese flan .... but CBA to grate the cheese, get the sheet from the freezer, then line a dish and bake it.

I've 2 crusts and 1 slice of bread that need using up too - and one tomato - and those spuds have barely been touched - and I've still six carrots.... and don't forget to get round to using the onions .... and the freezer's still over-full of sliced peppers that need using as they've now become freezer clutter :)

EDIT: I got the pastry sheet out.... it's defrosting. I'll grate some cheese in a bit. I know it'll taste utterly gorgeous once done.... I just hate going through the process.

EDIT 2: Flan's in the oven... didn't have the right size/shape of dish so improvised with an enamel pie tin.... it's been in 20 minutes so far, should be another 10-15 or so. Filling was deeper than I'd like, but you're stuck with what you've got... probably need to carry a bit of paper round with me that's the pastry size and try it out on the £land dishes.... but then I'd have to remember to do that :)

Will serve with chips and beans probably.

EDIT: I ended up being impatient as the flan took a little longer than I'd hoped... and then I wanted it to "rest/cool a little" - so I had chips/beans as a starter, then the whole flan as my main course :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure