PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,531 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How do you feel Brambling?

I had a strawberry milkshake this morning. I'm not feeling all that hungry for some reason, but I might make spaghetti for brunch as I have lots of mushrooms.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,146 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Glad everything is pretty much wrapped up Brambling. 
    Dull but dry here today. DS2 is at his mates skip filling, DS1 & DIL2B are dropping Frank off shortly before heading to watch the Old Firm game at a friend's house. Dinner for them all plus my sis here this evening. I'm making chilli beef enchiladas. Cooked the filling yesterday so just need to assemble and sort out sides later. Must crack on and empty the dishwasher before Frank arrives, they don't have one and he is absolutely obsessed with mine! Not so bad if it's full of dirty stuff but a pain if it's clean stuff!
    Tomorrow DS2 and I are being treated by DS1 and DIL2B to lunch at "111 by Modou" https://www.theguardian.com/food/2023/m ... reat-place . We are having the "Total Trust" option.  :) 
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,419 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hot & sunny so far.
    Went into town on the bus for a change, first time since Covid. I used the bus because there is a car show in town, which is why I went, and parking will be manic being Bank Hol as well.

Quite pleasant as I was there early, so no big crowds had built up, just mooched a bit then came home with a pack of fancy, and expensive, Isle of Wight tomatoes

Lunch was a HM ploughman's. With some posh IOW tomatoes.
    Dinner, with the hot weather I think some variation on the lunchtime ploughman, maybe with a jacket spud?
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's a thick "Pea-Souper" here but pleasantly mild, feel so sorry for those on holiday they wont see more than 50yds in front of them.

Lunch was leftover fajita filling with some crusty bread and tonight I'll do pan-fried turkey steak, sweet potato falafel from the freezer and a courgette and broad bean salad.

• Wednesday2000
    Options
    I realised I wasn't feeling hungry as I was getting a migraine. Second one in two weeks. I bought a book on reflexology and I looked up migraines. That was the fastest I ever got rid of a migraine! Like witchcraft. Brilliant.🤩

I suddenly felt very hungry as I only had a few bites of plain spaghetti for lunch. I just made a delicious salad with vegan Greek cheese. Cherry tomatoes, cucumber, green olives and a good glug of olive oil. I'm going to have some wine now.
  • justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Lovely day out today in pleasant weather, sunny at times and mostly mild.

Pub lunch so didn’t need much tonight. Made beetroot, yoghurt and lime dip to use up the beetroot. Had it with fried halloumi, toasted pitta and side salad.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,209 Forumite
    Options
    How do you feel Brambling?.
    I realised in the early hours of this morning that my brain needed to rename unemployed to retired 🙄 it was nice not to rush around doing things today as other than the milk I forgot to get in the SM there was nothing that couldn't wait until next week 

I had a lazy pottering day, went as far as the farm shop as I've been wanting cauliflower and the SM ones have been tiny and expensive.  I was tempted by the butcher counter for a few bits including proper bacon and sausage 

Rest of the smoked mackerel for lunch with a watercress salad. Chicken, potato salad, local asparagus and salad for dinner
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,419 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Damp morning due to overnight rain, at least yesterday car show in town had good weather all day.
    Couldn't sleep again so up early, decided to make a tea loaf to take along to a birthday gathering tomorrow, it's adults so fancy icing etc not required

Lunch, maybe mushrooms on toast
    Dinner, LO cold roast chicken, maybe with AF chips and a bit of salad
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very, very wet and dull here this morning, seems to be brightening up a bit now but wont hold out too much hope.

Caught up on a few chores this morning as well as the Masterchef final - not that anything cooked on the programme will influence my menu plan  :D

L - l/o courgette & broad bean salad with feta, tomatoes & olives
    D - Baked potato with chilli, tomato & sweetcorn salsa

• Wednesday2000
    Options
    It was really raining this morning, but when I went out to the shop it has warmed up a lot and looks sunny out there.

I had a smoothie for breakfast. I fancied a roast dinner, but could not be bothered to make one so I just put some seasonings and spray oil on some tofu slices and some cut up veggies and put it all in the AF and then had it with gravy. It was quite nice!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure