PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,517 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got caught up helping out a neighbour and forgot to post yesterday.

My online delivery arrived this morning so decisions, decisions - what to cook, what to freeze. Decided to do some chicken thighs in the SC for tea tonight, I'll have some of them with braised carrot and celery and some jersey royals, that will leave some leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Lunch today was a "use up" of a few picky bits, salad, crusty bread, pickles, cheese.

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,416 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Dull but dry so far

My online delivery arrived this morning so decisions, decisions - what to cook, what to freeze.
    Snap, loads of stuff and all OK for dates, so no rush to use it soon. I've changed my mind on dinner a couple of times already.

I did use a roll for lunch, corned beef & pickle
    Dinner, umming & ahhing, Pukka steak pie, roast chicken, sliced cold ham? Blowed if I know right now.
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

Lunch today was a "use up" of a few picky bits, salad, crusty bread, pickles, cheese.

That is usually my favourite type of meal.
  • justkeepswimmimg
    justkeepswimmimg Posts: 1,239 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

That is usually my favourite type of meal.
    And me 😋

Threw it down for most of the day here…

Offsite meetings day so packed a cheese and beetroot sandwich plus some cherry tomatoes for lunch. Been swimming this evening and then knocked up a yummy prawn and broccoli egg fried rice before the Masterchef final.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    Options
    It rained all day and was quite heavy when I went out at 7pm. My sis and BIL were driving down to their caravan in Dorset from the new forest I'm hoping they left early or cancelled as there was heavy rain and flooding on their route. My BIL is a weather watch so they may have delayed the trip

i used up my Moroccan lentil and carrot salad for lunch.  LO salmon, asparagus, pot salad and salad for dinner
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,416 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Dull and cool again, but rain did stop in the end.

Lunch, another corned beef & pickle roll I suspect
    Dinner, given the weather I think I'll roast the fresh chicken and decide later if with LO boiled spuds & veg or a salad

Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    It is dry here at the moment. I have just had mashed avocado on white toast with Maldon sea salt on top. Very nice.

• Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,517 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had hairdresser this morning and typically its raining, although the styling wasn't too badly affected by my jacket hood - hate using a brolly, I wonder if you can still get rainmates? my mother always had one in her handbag to protect her perm  :D

A couple of mentions of gammon last week got me thinking I haven't had a joint for ages, got one in my delivery yesterday and put it in the SC early this morning for tea tonight. I'll have it with some french lentil salad and ss peas

Lunch is some of last nights leftover chicken mixed with some celery & sweet peppers, a drizzle of chilli sauce and stuffed in a wrap.

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,145 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Back to winter here, I lit the stove when we got back from dinner last night! As always the food was decent, the portions are massive even my "wee" fish and chips was huge and very good value at £8 for fresh haddock in their own beer batter which is very light and crispy. I'm not a huge batter fan but do like their one. 
    Linen cupboard is all decluttered and tidy. What difference! 
    :) Just the large bookcase to go now but that won't be for a couple of weeks as I need to spend a fair bit of time on my voluntary admin stuff. Today, I actually need to go through what needs done, see if I can offload any of it and get it prioritised. Tesco order also needs finalising. 
    Soup for lunch today. I think there's still some in the freezer if not it will be a tin of oxtail. Thai green pork & veg curry with rice tonight.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I've just had snacky things since breakfast. A smoothie, some pistachio nuts, a handful of crisps and a bunch of red grapes. It has brightened up here and is quite warm.

I have a box of mushrooms in the fridge so I'm going to make a veggie rice later for dinner and then have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure