PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hubby at work tonight :(

I’ve taken out a pot of soup for daughter and I. It’s lentil, veg and potato. I think we had the same one last week too. I’ve still got one tub left which we will have next weekend. 

:money::rotfl::T
  • Soundgirlrocks
    Options
    Hi All, hope you don't mind me joining in!

Greek Tomato and Feta Beans in the instapot (Fast 800) tonight - Trying to get back into being a regular on MSE and being better at meal planning, eating healthier, losing weight, and saving money! 

Does anyone else use a meal planning app?
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,536 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Chilli and nachos for the masses tonight - the family have descended 🥰
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    On my own tonight and cant decide. 

On the sofa with a fluffy blanket, hot water bottle and the dog.  Dont feel like moving.

I may just have a cheese and beetroot sandwich.

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,386 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    JIL said:

On the sofa with a fluffy blanket, hot water bottle and the dog.  

I thought you had already decided when I first read this....amazing what one's eyes make up.

Chinese for us tonight.  Bought the dinner bag from Watrose so beef in black bean sauce, S&S chicken, chicken chow mien, rice and egg rolls plus I bought their prawn toasts which are pricey but rather nice.  Nearly £13 but cheaper than ordering a takeaway.  Especially as I avoided (aka forgot) to get some sake to go with it.  

Tomorrow's breakfast is supposed to include peameal bacon which our pork guy has made using a recipe I found for him.  I'm hoping he's got it right - he kept saying that he was doing it differently as he doesn't make bacon the same way as in the recipe.  It has been "brined" in various things including maple syrup so I'm sure it will be nice.  I've mentioned that if he gets it right he might want to contact a couple of local establishments that are supposedly Canadian (a restaurant and a couple of pubs) as they may be very interested in regular orders.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tonight I am making a traybake - wedges of chicken, red onion and pumpkin in a hoisin sauce.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,386 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    C_J said:
    Tonight I am making a traybake - wedges of chicken, red onion and pumpkin in a hoisin sauce.
    Well I for one need more info than that!!!  Details please!!!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It’s really as simple as it sounds - I peeled and de-seeded a small pumpkin, and chopped the flesh into two inch chunks. I peeled and quartered a couple of red onions (and also as an afterthought a couple of small red peppers and a few chunks of courgette which needed using up), then cut a couple of chicken breasts into similar sized chunks. I chucked the whole lot into a bowl and drizzled with a little olive oil, a good slug of dark soy sauce, a cup of shop bought hoisin sauce (and as afterthought number two, I added a dash of sriracha). Mixed it all up and left it to marinate in the fridge. I will tip it all into a baking tray and roast it for, oh I dunno, about 40 minutes or so until the chicken is cooked and the veg are soft and a little charred around the edges.

It’s made way more than I thought it would, so I might do a little bit of steamed rice with it and turn it into meals for two nights.

There was a lot of pumpkin despite it only seeming a small one, so I’ve also made a pan of pumpkin and chilli soup for lunches next week.

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Risotto from last night, forgot i left a parmesan rind in it for flavour and served that up to myself....cheesy equivalent to a sixpence in the xmas pud. OH cooked some M&S plant based kievs so I had one with the risotto.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    After much umming and ahhhing from myself on what to do we ended up with pasta.

spaghetti pasta cooked

Then in a separate pan I lightly fried off half a red pepper, chopped really fine so my daughter doesn’t notice. I then added a squirt of tomato purée and a big chunk of sobrasada. It’s like Nduja only better. It’s made here in Mallorca. It melts so well, few spoons of pasta water too.

Added in the pasta, stir it through

serve with grated manchego cheese

:money::rotfl::T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family