PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,529 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 20 November 2021 at 6:53PM
    Options
    @C_J
    that sounds easy enough for me to do!!!  (although I hate peeling pumpkins/squash...)

I'm going for incredibly simple tonight.  chicken thighs on the bbq & lettuce and tomatoes in a salad.  I know I've got thousand island and caesar dressing in the cupboard.  if OH wants any starch/carbs I've one pack of oatcakes left.

OH has also proposed cooking a game stew - diced hearts, kidneys and meat with some aunt bessies dumplings popped in at the end.  Hope I don't have to clean up after that - there's no concept of tidying throughout the production process and there's likely to be flour on every surface including the light fixtures.  Mucky pup!

"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Apintplease
    Options
    I made sod all

Worked late ( very late ) the other day so got a Chinese take out. There was enough left over for tonight with a couple of those tiny spring rolls I fished out of the freezer to eek it out
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,058 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I bought a lovely-looking joint of beef from Aldi on Friday (I do like their meat, the quality is always great - I’ve never had a bad piece). It cost a tenner which is quite pricey but it’s a very decent size and I reckon I will get at least eight portions of main meals plus a couple of rounds of lunchtime sandwiches out of it, so per capita/per meal it’s quite reasonable.

It’s roast beef tonight with all the trimmings (roast potatoes, carrots from the garden, runner beans from the garden via the freezer, home made Yorkshire puddings and gravy).

A couple of slices will be shredded and added to sliced onions, peppers and chillis to make fajita wraps tomorrow.

A few thin slices will be carved off for beef salad sandwiches for lunches on at least two days (I’m back to working a couple of days a week in the office again now, so on this days lunches need to be easier than the ones I can do while working from home!)

On Tuesday and Wednesday we’ll have the rest of it diced and made into beef Madras curry (probably with some added chunks of potato to stretch it a bit). I’ve got a pack of veg samosas in the freezer, and plenty of cook-your-own poppadoms to go with it.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    MIL’s 90th birthday, took her to lunch, very nice roast, she’s knackered, just dropped her off for a little ‘eye rest’ and we’re now feet up watching Bridget Jones 👍
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,529 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Honking big pork chops from our pork guy and a squash.  Butternut or acorn??  Will look to see if there's any yorkies in the freezer as they're always nice.  And as the chops will be done on the bbq it will be easy to co-ordinate.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening all

i forgot to post!

we had jacket spuds, cheese and beans 
    :money::rotfl::T
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Roast dinner plus Belgian buns for when I’m a Celebrity is on! (I have iced them now) 

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    More mushroom risotto, with tenderstem broccoli and some salmon baked in lime and soy sauce.

OH had a pizza.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Frith said:
    Roast dinner plus Belgian buns for when I’m a Celebrity is on! (I have iced them now) 

Looks amazing! All of it 

Tonight we are having meatballs, pasta and cheese. I had pork mince in so I added a small amount of breadcrumbs, seasonings then formed into balls. They are in the fridge for later. I’ll make a hidden veg sauce with tomatoes, carrots, red pepper 
    :money::rotfl::T
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Dinner tonight is beef with red wine gravy in the slow cooker. Mash, peas and carrots.
    “You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts