PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    @goldfinches race was really good, we had a herd of deer running next to us about 2k in which was amazing, a few did cross in front of some runners further up, and a very large stag stopped and had a good look at us all (prob wondering why we were running on 2 legs not 4 🤣). PB and based on the results I squeaked into the top 20% of finishers so I'm well happy with that (esp as Friday night I was seriously considering pulling out).

Dinner out out with OH last night. Cocktails,  wine and three courses (he had monkfish and I had lemon sole). We were both stuffed. 

Will be something far more low key tonight. 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Veggie burritos (using Quorn mince and home grown tomatoes). Hoping they will be filling enough on their own as will be full of rice! 
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    OH had veggie chilli and I had breaded haddock, some LO mash and petit pois...another box from the fish out the freezer.

OH also had a HM chip butty later too, chips and roll both out the freezer.

Thinking I might make a sweet and sour in the week as have some pineapple, pepper and quorn in the freezer to use. 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Busy day, so a simple tuna salad tonight
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,011 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    kerri_gt said:
    @goldfinches race was really good, we had a herd of deer running next to us about 2k in which was amazing, a few did cross in front of some runners further up, and a very large stag stopped and had a good look at us all (prob wondering why we were running on 2 legs not 4 🤣). PB and based on the results I squeaked into the top 20% of finishers so I'm well happy with that (esp as Friday night I was seriously considering pulling out).
    A little less Dancing with Wolves and more Running with Deer!  And well done on the PB!!

Last night the OH did a meal fit for Bloomsday - an alternative "snake and pigmy" (as we call it) as the meat guy at the market had a nice selection of heart and kidneys.  Just done up as a stew rather than a pie or pudding but very very nice. (normally we bbq these things)  A very small portion is left and I'm wondering if I should take it to work for lunch tomorrow.  

Awaiting the OH return home with provisions for this evening.  I think we are one of the few households that grocery shops most days - FiL used to food shop twice daily so OH has only inherited a portion of that habit!

"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    Options
    I've made swede and potato pasties. A very cheap recipe indeed. Will serve with baked beans and maybe tinned peas for me (bought instead of mushy accidentally and don't think anyone else will eat them!)
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

Chicken and broccoli bake tonight, later in the week gammon steaks, jackets with beans and cheese

• sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Microwave fish pie(£1.20) and a tin of processed peas.
  • Greenglockenspiel
    Options
    Aubergine stir fry (River cottage recipe)
    Original mortgage free date: November 2044
    Current mortgage free date: November 2038
    Chipping away...
  • Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Options
    Veggie sausage stroganoff (plus mushrooms for OH) with spaghetti. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback