PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• skilly
    skilly Posts: 922 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Going to make a homemade pizza tonight granddaughter loves to help out with that just don't like the clean up after .
    sealed pot challenge number 31 3£496/4£706.75/5 £376.74/6 £645.08/ 7 £861.34 /8 £786.90/9£610.49/10 £722.03 / 16 £802.00/ 17 £? gold star from sue 🌟
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,144 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    curry tonight courtesy of Asda.  that means I'll be making some mango lassi to have with it (easy, jug, add large pot plain yoghurt, blend in litre of orange & mango juice, serve with lots of ice)

It also means 2 spicy meals in one day.   Special friday treat I wandered over to the sandwich shop across from work and discovered that they had a special of chicken wings, chips, Franks Hot Sauce and celery and blue cheese dressing.  But they forgot to give me the BC dressing which I didn't discover until I was back at my desk.  The wings were meant to be served with the hot sauce poured on top but I'm glad I asked for it on the side as it was HOT!!!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Curry for us tonight too!  I've made a large pan of chicken, butternut squash and potato curry which is simmering away gently and making me feel very hungry.
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Chicken Korma in the slow cooker :) 
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • Grabs39
    Grabs39 Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 September 2021 at 2:57PM
    Options
    Veggie chilli is in the slow cooker (saving gas?).  Onion, tomatoes, red lentils, baked beans, kidney beans, peppers, chilli peppers, fajita spice, mixed herbs and two beef stock cubes (which I know means it's not strictly veggie now!).  And a squirt of ketchup, which I wouldn't normally put in but the peppers I grew this year are really bitter.

The chilli peppers, onion and half the tomatoes came from our food waste box.  The other half of the tomatoes and the peppers I grew in the garden.

Haven't decided what to do with it yet.
  • Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Red Thai curry noodle soup with Quorn chicken, green beans and carrot. OH will have mushrooms too. After will be apple strudel with double cream. 
  • goldfinches
    Options
    I'm completely out of ideas and found myself staring into the fridge muttering about not fancying anything except a glass of wine so made myself a cottage cheese and tomato half baguette to soak up the alcohol and sank gracefully into the sofa whereupon the doorbell rang! 
    I'm so glad today is nearly over and I can slope off to bed soon, night all, goldfinches.

Food 

Food for all is a necessity.
    Food should not be a merchandise, to be bought and sold as jewels are bought and sold by those who have the money to buy.
    Food is a human necessity, like water and air, and it should be available.

From Pearl S. Buck's To My Daughters, with Love.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Today turned out to me bbq jackfruit stuffed crust pizza which OH bunged in the oven whilst i sorted new car stuff....took his for it's MOT this morning and it failed in such spectacular fashion we have come home with a different car thanks to our mechanic who got us out of a bind.
    So, car to pay for and all the tax, insurance stuff that goes with too. Deff more than I'd planned going out the account today but at least we're fortune we can manage the cost. 

I also have a race tomorrow, not only do i feel totally unorganised,  I also feel utterly stressed from today...not ideal on the reflux front either.

@goldfinches pass the vino 🤣
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• MrsStepford
    Options
    We had pork chops ffrom a Scottish farm with peppercorn sauce, organic petits pois, organic mushrooms, organic mashed potato squash
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,144 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    tonight we'll be mostly having a cold collation - cheese platter from M7S and a nice sour dough boule.  All due to the fact we're going out!  Jethro Tull concert postponed from last year so we'll snack when we get home!!!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback