PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sourdough toast topped with mozzarella and a mix of tomatoes (still home grown), fried onion, basil and balsamic vinegar.

After was banana and custard to use up some bananas that were looking past their best. 
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Had a portion of the veggie casserole with some baby pasta shells I'd cooked up...kinda soupy pasta. Very nice and quite healthy (bar the parmesan i grated on...everything is better wjth cheese)

Also finished off the last portion of apple and almond pud with some ideal mill when I got back from the gym.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Got family over for the weekend, chilli tonight with Nachos and HM brownies for those that want

Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    Options
    Burnt aubergine chilli (BBC good food recipe), sweet potato and spinach quesadillas (Tesco recipe) and rice
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pan fried skinless boneless cod fillets with a variety of steamed veg for us tonight. 

I bought a big box of strawberries RTC earlier today so will make some Eton (Rifles) Mess for puds this week.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    C_J said:
    Pan fried skinless boneless cod fillets with a variety of steamed veg for us tonight. 

I bought a big box of strawberries RTC earlier today so will make some Eton (Rifles) Mess for puds this week.
    Jam fan?

Dinner tonight was some more veggie casserole,  this time with some ikea veggie meatballs that have been in the freezer for ages. They were surprisingly nice.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Options
    Cheesy hash browns, scrambled eggs, beans. Veggie sausage for me, pancetta for OH. 
  • worrywart_3
    Options
    I run a anti food waste bank ( not the same as a normal one ) 
    so had lots of beef potatoes veg so I did roast beef roast potatoes and green beans in butter and garlic and all food that would have been thrown away absolutley delicious oh and I made Yorkshire pudding 
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2021 at 6:36AM
    Options
    Veggie kebabs here tonight. Fake kebab meat (really must get back into making my own seitan!), Homemade garlic sauce, hummus, pittas, salad and a sweet potato fries. Then crumble and custard. I have cooking apples being delivered but might try and use up some of the eating apples in the fridge as they don't seem to be being eaten 

Lunch will be leftover chilli from yesterday.
  • worrywart_3
    Options
    Tonight will be left over shepherd pie and going to make egg fried rice with a few bits of chicken and a couple of prawns I have in the freezer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback