PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,713 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    All day breakfast here,
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Carbonara here tonight.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • jam2019
    Options
    My aunt very kindly gave me some homemade quiche and a plum crumble as well as some veg from her allotment - I'll make some smashed potatoes to go with that
    Tempted to get an allotment now but I know it's much more work than I'm willing to put in!
    Grocery Challenge
    2020: £739.83 / £880
    2019: £166.20 / £220
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,631 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Duck breast with roast potatoes, roasted veg, Brussels & green beans tonight.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,713 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Went out yesterday for afternoon tea, we had a voucher. It was lovely, but so much food. We had some cheese, pineapple and grapes on cocktail sticks later on in the evening, watching TV.

Today we are using bits up from the fridge, so a sort of tapas.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Indian ready meal tonight but have a pkt of Piri Piri mix out to put with chciken tomorrow.
  • Liz3yy
    Liz3yy Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Homemade chicken, sweetcorn and mushroom pie for us tonight. Hubby was fortunate enough to win a food hamper from work recently which was stuffed full of chicken breasts among other things so it's going to cost us very little.

I'l have mine with veg, whilst hubby will have chips and gravy. I'm salivating at the thought already!
    They have the internet on computers now?! - Homer Simpson

It's always better to be late in this life, than early in the next
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    We're having burger and chips tonight. Not our usual type of food but we do like them as a treat

The burgers were home made with chicken mince and the buns are cheese topped rolls, I'll serve them with a hand full of fries and sirracha sauce
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Later this afternoon we are having beef brisket, roast potatoes, veg and yorkshires. Apple crumble and custard for pudding. Both DS, DD and dgs will be here together which doesn't often happen.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,631 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Making a mixed bean goulash with rice using dried mixed beans from my stash. Recipe loosely based on the Jack Monroe recipe.

Denise
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport