PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DH is making lasagne.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We have just sorted out our freezers, I cant believe how much is in there, so we are on a mission to use things up.

Tonight husband is having seabass, I'm having some quorn buttermilk nuggets, daughter is having steak strips. With jacket potatoes and salad.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tonight I’m making roasted red peppers stuffed with minced beef, onion, garlic, mushroom, rice, herbs, spices and a little grated cheese. Served with a little mashed potato to mop up the juices with.

For puds this week I have made a Baileys and banana trifle, and a cherry clafoutis.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Friday I was up in the Big Smoke for my b'day with OH and Bro / GF. Saw an amazing show at the Southbank Underbelly festival and then ended up in Honest Burgers at 11pm....oh my, amazing burgers, deff going back there.

Yesterday was pasta with some HM pasta sauce from the vat I cooked up. Used up the last of the Quorn sausages inherited from OH going GF so that's them done. I keep wondering as I use things up like that, how many things are items I've bought for years with him being veggie, and now will prob never buy again now he's also GF.

Not sure what today's dinner is, the fridge is a bit bare but I don't really want to shop as we do have plenty in the feeezer / cupboards so will investigate those. There's a bowl of plums for fresh fruit to stave off any scurvy.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Chicken breast last night was lovely, chicken pasta tonight. I am ALWAYS trying to eat out of freezers but seem to be fighting a losing battle.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We always say we'll eat out of the freezer but there's always a new recipe DH wants to try and needs new ingredients for. I have no idea what is for dinner tonight. I asked DH if I needed to take anything out to defrost and he said no. The meal planner board for the week is currently blank.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,592 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Have a chicken in the SC for dinner tonight. Will also roast some potatoes & vegetables; will also do some sort of green veg to make the plate look colourful!

Denise
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Found a chicken in the big freezer sort out yesterday which I had bought half price on a yellow sticker.
    Daughter had wedges, chicken, corn on the cob and some green vegetables balls that I also found in the freezer.
    Husband had chicken, stuffing, roast potatoes, courgette, carrot and tender stem broccoli.
    I had salmon and veg.
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Slow cooked a bit of pork last night and had it with roast new potatoes, turnip, peas and lashings of gravy. Same again tonight. quiche salad for lunch.
    Going to look in the fridge and freezer for the rest of the week and finish meal planning tonight,
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,592 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Using up some of yesteday's SC chicken in a Spanish rice with some chorizo from the freezer.

Will also be making a curry sauce ready to reheat for dinner either tomorrow or Wednesday which will have more of the chicken stirred through it when reheating so it doesn't go too stringy!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback