PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lunch is the remaining spinach and feta rolls, which were delicious 😋 

dinner, a pair of (local farm) rump steaks from our freezer stash with Padron peppers, salad and the remaining jersey royals for him.

bright and breezy here - had a second solar battery fitted Friday, so the more sunshine the better 🤗
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 May at 2:27PM
    Options
    I made leek soup for lunch, and tonight I’m doing roasted sausages with the roasted broccoli and Parmesan suggested by @Islandmaid (thank you!)

Strawberries (huge Finest packs x 2, reduced at T’s from £3.40 each to 50p …. and they’re perfect!) and cream for puds over the next few days.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,713 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Beef and Yorkshire puddings with veg here. Inlaws will have  dinners plated up for Monday and Tuesday.
    I'm not sure what I will have, not been feeling too good the past couple of days so may make some soup.  Failing that probably jacket potato and beans.
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,666 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Lunch was an ASDA Mediterranean style salad, with added organic cherry tomatoes,  beetroot and cucumber plus prosciutto di Parma and Newman's Own Italian Style Dressing which was way too vinegary - and I like apple cider vinegar ! 

Supper could be kebabs from the freezer (meat, harissa Halloumi and chicken) or  TGI Friday's nacho cheese and jalapeños loaded potato skins with Mediterranean style vegetables or lamb shish kebabs, garlic sauce and salad from local kebab shop. 
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    There's the gammon roast and jersey potatoes with a "hunter's" sauce.  (essentially a package sauce mix from Knorr that is meat and mushroom based - only seen it in Canada and in Germany where it's sold as Knorr jaeger's sauce)
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Islandmaid
    Options
    Absolutely hoofing down with rain this morning.

GS with us for the rest of the week, so meals will be to suit.  Roast chicken thighs tonight with roasted med veg cous cous and garlic yoghurt. Mini cornetto for pud for small hands 😉

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Fridge raid tonight to use up the left over gammon from yesterday and various other bits.  There's a lot of salad stuff to go with it.  I'm wondering if he who thinks he should be obeyed is expecting boiled eggs with his.....I know he'll pout if I just do some for myself.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • goldfinches
    goldfinches Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm still eating up the fritters combined with home-made red onion coleslaw and lots of ys tomatoes, turned colder here again so I'm wondering about soup and/or jacket potatoes.

"Only the most pleasant characters in this book are portraits of living people and the events here recorded unfortunately never took place"

The Tiger In The Smoke
    by
    Margery Allingham
  • Islandmaid
    Options
    A very 5 yo friendly version of sweet and sour chicken, with egg fried rice, spring rolls and prawn crackers 👏

Movie night tonight - popcorn and Minions 🤗

crept into Noah’s room this morning just before 7 as things were too quiet, he was reading a book to Frank on the bed 😍 every boy needs a dog friend 

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's so sweet!

Peppered mackerel with a little side salad, a chunk of lemon and some bread and butter for lunch, and I've made chilli for tonight (leftovers for tomorrow night).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback