PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I don’t cook Fridays, OH normally springs for a takeaway, but we’re out for Sunday lunch so tonight, we are compromising with an Aldi crispy duck pancake and I’ll make some satay chicken 

@goldfinches Pomegranate Molasses is one of my never be without items, it’s amazing on grilled halloumi 🤤 well, on anything really 🤷‍♀️
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,566 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Ended up with schnitzel and gratin potatoes last night as OH wasn't up to cooking.  So the swordfish will be done tonight poached over a bed of chopped peppers and shallots and some sort of white beans.  Likely to have tomatoes in it too and a splash of white wine.  Whatever - it always ends up great.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Vaguely ME stew today. Pomegranate molasses and raisins, because I had run out of prunes. 

• Paspatur
    Paspatur Posts: 496 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, where do you all buy your Pomegranate Molasses from please. I have bought mine to bring home from Turkey for many years but have never bought it in UK. I am confused as Tesco also call it Pekmez which I can also buy in Turkey but is a totally different product. Morrisons has added sugar no thanks. My Turkey trips may be curtailed soon so would love a decent UK alternative.
  • goldfinches
    goldfinches Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    @Paspatur I bought mine from the local Turkish supermarket where I can also buy pekmez and pekmez with tahini which I agree are a totally different thing. I've seen it on the shelves at my local mid-sized Waitflower and it's here in their online groceries and I'm pretty sure Oc*do stock it too but I don't think I've spotted it anywhere else.

"Only the most pleasant characters in this book are portraits of living people and the events here recorded unfortunately never took place"

The Tiger In The Smoke
    by
    Margery Allingham
  • Paspatur
    Paspatur Posts: 496 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    @goldfinches thank you. I have no Turkish supermarket (plenty of barbers and some tailors) and no Waitflower or Ocado. I will seriously stock up in Turkey next month
  • JennyDavis
    JennyDavis Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 21 May at 11:59PM
    Options
    We had a pizza night today thanks to the jollibee canada. We don't eat out too often, cause our younger daughter is still really tiny, but having some take aways is always a great idea. This way we enjoying eating together, without someone having to cook actually.
  • Islandmaid
    Options
    Fridge clear tonight, have loads of bits and pieces to use :)

I get our Pomegranate Molasses from a local ‘easy weigh’ type shop, that is the closest thing to an Asian grocer we have always find amazing treasure whenever we visit 

£300/£130
  • Islandmaid
    Options
    Meeting the ‘kids’ to take Frank for a walk on one of the beaches he’s allowed on this time of year, then having lunch out.

making smoked mackerel pate this morning to have with crackers later if needed.

£300/£130
  • goldfinches
    goldfinches Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Paspatur said:
    @goldfinches thank you. I have no Turkish supermarket (plenty of barbers and some tailors) and no Waitflower or Ocado. I will seriously stock up in Turkey next month
    I've also remembered I've seen it here www.souschef.co.uk and here www.ottolenghi.co.uk and here Home - Honey & Co (honeyandco.co.uk) but be warned all three sites are seriously delicious and you won't come away with just one item!

"Only the most pleasant characters in this book are portraits of living people and the events here recorded unfortunately never took place"

The Tiger In The Smoke
    by
    Margery Allingham
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills