11.7K replies 706.4K views

Replies

• edited 19 May at 9:25PM
    RageinEdenRageinEden Forumite
    30 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Forumite
    edited 19 May at 9:25PM
    Stir fry veg (onion, celery, peppers, peas) with noodles.  Oyster sauce with spring onions in.  Costed at £1.15 for two....  PLUS some left over for my lunch tomorrow!  Result!
    The game's afoot....
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    pizza - courtesy of lidls.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • flaneurs_lobsterflaneurs_lobster Forumite
    961 Posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Diced venison (Tesco yellow sticky £1.60) from freezer, casserole w/ root veg, morcilla (Spanish black pudding) home-made apple/chilli jelly, mashed spuds (yellow sticky, 6 spuds, 50p).
  • FlorenceemFlorenceem Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Forumite
    Tonight is Frikadellen burger + roasted potato bits and veggies. Baked jam/fruit sponge pudding to fill oven.
    15 in 2015 1/15
  • arielgirlarielgirl Forumite
    435 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Cottage pie from freezer. 
  • RageinEdenRageinEden Forumite
    30 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Forumite
    arielgirl said:
    Cottage pie from freezer. 
    I think I'll be doing a batch cook of those this weekend.... 
    The game's afoot....
  • FlorenceemFlorenceem Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Forumite
    Did a bake of banana loaves.

15 in 2015 1/15
  • edited 20 May at 7:40AM
    C_JC_J Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 20 May at 7:40AM
    Ooh @Florenceem those banana loaves look delicious! (In fact all the dishes you post photos of look lovely, you’re obviously a great cook).

My week has been a bit topsy-turvey as my father in law passed away last Friday (not entirely unexpected as he was 94, but it doesn’t stop it being a shock when it happens) so all my carefully planned menus have gone out of the window and we’ve been eating quick and easy grab-it-and-run meals as we dash about sorting out his affairs.

However I was up early today and have prepared tonight’s dinner so it is ready to sling in the oven tonight - roasted aubergines stuffed with chunks of sausagemeat, chopped tomato, onion, garlic, chilli and mushroom, topped with fresh breadcrumbs and served with a marinara sauce. It has used up a fridge full of random bits quite nicely!
  • arielgirlarielgirl Forumite
    435 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Similar to yesterday...HM meal from freezer. This time sausages, carrot/parsnip/potato mash and gravy.
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Forumite
    @C_J
    sorry to hear about your FiL. I know what you mean about it being a shock.  We're in between with MiL who is still in hospital and has basically refused to eat or drink as well as refusing physio as she's too tired (due to not eating or drinking). At a week off of 96 we're not sure how this is going to work out other than she won't be coming back to live with us.  At best a hospice or care home I guess.
    @Florenceem
    is the middle banana loaf with a lemon icing?  I made my banana oatmeal muffins this week but not my best effort.  But either we'll finish them or they will end up in the bird feeder.

tuna steaks cooked with tomatoes, shallots and cannellini beans tonight!!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”