Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2018

Options

Comments

• stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well my son has just set off yesterday with his g/f for a 10 day trip all spent in the back of an SUV, it's called SUV-RVing, well I never.
    Starting at LAX driving down the Pacific coast highway, onto Sequoia then Death Valley, then 3 days in Vegas where he is going to propose to her and hopefully she will say yes, his plan is to get married in the Little White Wedding Chapel, same place as Tracy and I. Then back to LAX for flight home.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    Well my son has just set off yesterday with his g/f for a 10 day trip all spent in the back of an SUV, it's called SUV-RVing, well I never.
    Starting at LAX driving down the Pacific coast highway, onto Sequoia then Death Valley, then 3 days in Vegas where he is going to propose to her and hopefully she will say yes, his plan is to get married in the Little White Wedding Chapel, same place as Tracy and I. Then back to LAX for flight home.

Hope she says yes ( i am sure she will ) or the end of the holiday is going to be a bit of a let down:eek:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Stew68
    Stew68 Posts: 814 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's what I'm hoping :)

Has anyone done a two part trip over about 10 days, with the second leg being in Vegas?

Just looking for inspiration for the first leg, with direct flights to LAS :)

Hi,

Apologies for delay in replying to your question, i'm away myself at the moment, unfortunately not in Vegas!

Last year I doubled up starting in Seattle and then to Las Vegas, it was only a short flight between the two. Virgin do flights to Seattle and Vegas so that makes it easier to book.

Let me know if you have any questions about Seattle, a nice city to explore.
  • secretmachines
    Options
    Stew68 wrote: »
    Hi,

Apologies for delay in replying to your question, i'm away myself at the moment, unfortunately not in Vegas!

Last year I doubled up starting in Seattle and then to Las Vegas, it was only a short flight between the two. Virgin do flights to Seattle and Vegas so that makes it easier to book.

Let me know if you have any questions about Seattle, a nice city to explore.

Good idea Stew, not considered Seattle... I'm up for anywhere really!
  • spalding
    Options
    Car Hire Question, looking around for car hire on Sky Scanner and a company I've never heard of is coming up rather good value wondering if anyone has any experience of them? It's Nu Car Rental
  • stevie11
    Options
    spalding wrote: »
    Car Hire Question, looking around for car hire on Sky Scanner and a company I've never heard of is coming up rather good value wondering if anyone has any experience of them? It's Nu Car Rental

Rent from one of the more well known agents and from a .co.uk site rather than US .com. This agent doesn't operate from the main rental center either so there may be reasons why they are cheaper. Check the cover offered carefully against other agents.
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Seems to be no rhyme or reason to Vegas hotel prices. Been keeping an eye on the full release of September 2019 hotel prices and The Linq (as an example) were priced at $39 per night for the midweek just after the Labor Day bank holiday up to the 5th. They released the rest of the month today and the midweek I want later in the month (Sunday 15th through Thursday 19th, 5 nights) is $89 a night!

Are these likely to come down?
  • secretmachines
    Options
    Does anyone know when the next round of sales for flights are likely to come around... I'm worried I've missed the boat for decent prices for next April, so might have to look at an alternative holiday :(
  • Stew68
    Stew68 Posts: 814 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know when the next round of sales for flights are likely to come around... I'm worried I've missed the boat for decent prices for next April, so might have to look at an alternative holiday :(

Don't Virgin do a sale at Christmas? Or is that leaving it too late? I'm a member of their flying club so if anything comes through before then i'll post it here for you.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Seems to be no rhyme or reason to Vegas hotel prices. Been keeping an eye on the full release of September 2019 hotel prices and The Linq (as an example) were priced at $39 per night for the midweek just after the Labor Day bank holiday up to the 5th. They released the rest of the month today and the midweek I want later in the month (Sunday 15th through Thursday 19th, 5 nights) is $89 a night!

Are these likely to come down?

Can you book now but cancel for free if something better turns up?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure