Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2018

Options

Comments

• secretmachines
    Options
    stevie11 wrote: »
    The Aria buffet is one of the best on the strip i.m.o. Shame neither of us are into sea food, although the steak is nice. My favourite at Aria would be the ice cream selection though:)

we love the Aria buffet too, it's always been a really good standard, whether breakfast/brunch or evening meal.
  • secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 24 September 2018 at 3:50PM
    Options
    I haven't priced up flights to the US for a while, and usually travel direct. Looking at doing a multi city trip next April, flying into SFO for 4 nights, then LAS for 6 nights.

Does £512pp direct (inc. baggage and seat choice) with BA/AA look a good deal?
    (LHR>SFO...LAS>LHR)
  • vegasvisitor
    Options
    I haven't priced up flights to the US for a while, and usually travel direct. Looking at doing a multi city trip next April, flying into SFO for 4 nights, then LAS for 6 nights.

(LHR>SFO...LAS>LHR)

Different time of year from us (September, but have also done May and June). These last couple of years the flights have been £500 or so each, but prior to that they were over £700. I'd say that deal is good enough, but you may get something cheaper if a BA sale was on. Can't really be sure though. Given you're only 6 months or so out, you might prefer to be able to plan.
  • stevie11
    Options

(LHR>SFO...LAS>LHR)

For an open jaw ticket that is a decent price especially that far out and with luggage and seats. For the sample dates I have searched you could do it the other way round for £431 all in with AA/BA. (sample dates 8 to 18 April).
  • secretmachines
    Options
    Different time of year from us (September, but have also done May and June). These last couple of years the flights have been £500 or so each, but prior to that they were over £700. I'd say that deal is good enough, but you may get something cheaper if a BA sale was on. Can't really be sure though. Given you're only 6 months or so out, you might prefer to be able to plan.

I think the prices I have come up with are in the current BA sale...
    For an open jaw ticket that is a decent price especially that far out and with luggage and seats. For the sample dates I have searched you could do it the other way round for £431 all in with AA/BA. (sample dates 8 to 18 April).

Thanks Stevie, good thinking by swapping the locations around though we'd prefer to end the trip in Vegas (or second home 🙂). The dates I'm thinking of are 20-30 April, with a few days flexibility.

Only shame is, that hotel prices are really expensive for Vegas 24-30 April... But can't see any big events on, and Easter has passed...
  • stevie11
    Options
    snip.........

Thanks Stevie, good thinking by swapping the locations around though we'd prefer to end the trip in Vegas (or second home 🙂). The dates I'm thinking of are 20-30 April, with a few days flexibility.

Only shame is, that hotel prices are really expensive for Vegas 24-30 April... But can't see any big events on, and Easter has passed...

For your dates, how about this?

https://goo.gl/flights/mLbHb

Price all in and decent times £418
  • secretmachines
    Options
    For your dates, how about this?

https://goo.gl/flights/mLbHb

Price all in and decent times £418

Ahh thanks for looking man... For me I think the extra £50pp is worth it for each way direct flights. I always prefer direct flights, but would consider indirect... I think as I'm already doing a multi city trip, extra stops would just drag out the journeys a bit too much.
  • stevie11
    Options
    Ahh thanks for looking man... For me I think the extra £50pp is worth it for each way direct flights. I always prefer direct flights, but would consider indirect... I think as I'm already doing a multi city trip, extra stops would just drag out the journeys a bit too much.

No problem, looks like the price you have for direct is the best at present. You could fly outward direct and have a stop at LAX on return for £434 all in. As you say sometimes it is worth paying the little extra for less inconvenience. Still £500 is a good price direct.
  • martmonk
    Options
    Anyone have experience of Vegas on 4th July?

We've booked 25th June - 4th July for 2019 using our BA Amex 2-4-1, and the plan at the moment is a couple of nights in Vegas, then 3-4 elsewhere (likely San Diego), then back for the last 2-3 nights, which would include 4th as our last night.

I'm going to make a 'banker' hotel booking for the 4th at least as I'm not sure what to expect in terms of prices and occupancy levels. Looking for your experiences?

TIA.
  • secretmachines
    Options
    martmonk wrote: »
    Anyone have experience of Vegas on 4th July?

We've booked 25th June - 4th July for 2019 using our BA Amex 2-4-1, and the plan at the moment is a couple of nights in Vegas, then 3-4 elsewhere (likely San Diego), then back for the last 2-3 nights, which would include 4th as our last night.

I'm going to make a 'banker' hotel booking for the 4th at least as I'm not sure what to expect in terms of prices and occupancy levels. Looking for your experiences?

TIA.

We were in Vegas for July 4th a few years ago, it was in the middle of a week long stay, which didn't cost any more than I'd expect to pay.

In terms of busy-ness, well Vegas is always kinda busy! I think they still shut off the Strip to traffic for a while, so for a few hours it is pretty solid with people on the street, mainly watching the various fireworks displays. But we went back to our hotel room as we had a great north strip view from the Vdara, so were lucky enough to see lots of displays all in one go :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure