🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Not sure what to do

Options

Comments

• JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    mummyto_1 wrote: »
    normally he transfers all his wages to me, but when he got paid on 25th January he kept £350 for himself.
    When I asked him on Monday how much he had left he told me £50 so in just over a week he spent £300 :mad: and he hasn't bought any clothes or anything like that.
    You know it's Valentines day next week?
  • mummyto_1
    Options
    You know it's Valentines day next week?

Yes, but he definitely wont have spent the money on me
  • cyantist
    cyantist Posts: 560 Forumite
    Options
    Has he said what he has spent the money on?
  • mummyto_1
    Options
    cyantist wrote: »
    Has he said what he has spent the money on?

No, I haven't asked.

Interesting development yesterday; his brother moved......to a town 2 hours away!

So that scuppers him disappearing off at the weekend.
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    mummyto_1 wrote: »
    Interesting development yesterday; his brother moved......to a town 2 hours away!

So that scuppers him disappearing off at the weekend.

Not really, just scuppers him using his bro as the excuse
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • mummyto_1
    Options
    spirit wrote: »
    Not really, just scuppers him using his bro as the excuse

True, what I should of said was that his brother was the only person he really goes out to see, so will be interesting to see where he says he's going from now on.
  • cyantist
    Options
    If he's spending £40 a week, that's actually quite a lot of coke. If my hubby went out and took that much I'd be seriously worried he wouldn't make it home, though tolerances vary hugely (and given hubby hasn't taken coke for about 18 years he is unlikely to cope with levels that ops partner can) . But taking it on your own while you're playing computer games is just sad. I don't understand why someone would do that unless they really can't help themselves.
    I don't think I'd have that much problem with hubby going out and doing a bit of coke, but if it was every week, and if it was just while he was at home alone I wouldn't put up with it.
  • mummyto_1
    Options
    Thank you. Drugs or not in my opinion every week is a bit too much to be going out when you have a family.
    If he went out say once a month it wouldn't bother me.
    But maybe I'm just old fashioned and/or boring!
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    cyantist wrote: »
    I don't think I'd have that much problem with hubby going out and doing a bit of coke,.

I would, for the simple fact that it's illegal.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • cyantist
    edited 9 February 2018 at 3:20PM
    Options
    spirit wrote: »
    I would, for the simple fact that it's illegal.

I guess part of it to do with whether you think it should be illegal or not. In many countries it's not and in some ways it's less dangerous than alcohol. If alcohol was suddenly given the same legal classification as cocaine how many people who are very anti-drugs would think it ok if their partner had a bottle of wine on a Friday night?

That said and having thought about it a little more, given the impact that being caught with cocaine would have on OHs career, I'd would be worried in that respect so I guess actually I would have a problem with it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport