We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Make upto £10 a day in November 2017 ~ everybody most welcome

Options

Comments

• I hope everyone's managing to keep warm this morning. The ice on the car windscreens was hard to shift before I went to Morrison's first thing this morning:(

Kantankrus Mare, if you're around today please can I ask for your advice?

I think it was you who told us about some fresh meal kits that you had an introductory offer for a while ago. Apologies if it wasn't you, my mind has been all over the place lately:o

A friend was talking about an offer email she'd had from Gousto. Was that who you got yours from? She wondered how easy it would be to cancel after the first 2 boxes (half price for the first 2 in the offer I think she said). She wouldn't want it long-term;). She's looked on Quidco where reviewers have been very scathing and who say the Gousto sales staff keep hassling after the trial period is up:eek:. Also, Quidco didn't pay out any additional cashback. She said TCB reviews were a lot more favourable and it looks as if cashback did become payable with them. Did you manage to get cashback as well as Gousto's introductory offer please?

Sorry about all the questions but I mentioned to my friend that I 'know' someone who I think had experience of this sort of thing and I'd find out more
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

She wouldn't want it long-term;). She's looked on Quidco where reviewers have been very scathing and who say the Gousto sales staff keep hassling after the trial period is up:eek:.

does she have a smartphone? if so block the number so they cannot harrass after she cancels the trial.
  • Aesop
    Options
    shariann wrote: »
    I'm definitely not an expert but I can favourite on all the apps and I have an iPhone. They all have a short clips section now which seem to be comedians telling short jokes so you could run that play list for quick videos. Good luck

you must be the only one I know who's iphone hasn't made her update all the sb apps. Just checked on the facebook group and everybody saying same. you cannot favourite all apps on iphone since update. You can only favourite indy, all the rest just run short clips or do the 4 sec rule. Which is let it play for 4 secs and then press done. but this means nurse maiding apps. I prefer to let them run their course.

As I was saying earlier if you have a sainsburys near you, there is a vodafone phone everyone is buying to run the sb apps so you can favourite them. you can also do the instagc videos on it.

it's this one http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5758151

but if you shop around, you can get it cheaper than that and not have to buy a top up. some are buying off amazon, someone used double up at Sainsburys and I think got it for £15.
  • Aesop
    Options
    I got to run. promised DS would take him to see live reindeer today!:eek:
  • MrsCautious
    MrsCautious Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 25 November 2017 at 5:51PM
    Options
    Oh no just wrote a long reply to CBC And Kantankerus Mare And it has disappeared! So am sending you hugs CBC, it’s never ‘just a cat’ xxx

KM, you should be able to take some of your pension now if you want it, but it’s less than you will get at 60. I’ve just been offered a £4,500 tax free payout and £700 and something a year when I’m 50 - or £900 and something a year. It will be more if I wait til I’m 60. I have to say I’m tempted to cash some of it now.
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    £5 swagbucks voucher
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • MrsCautious
    MrsCautious Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’ve added £90 for mystery shopping, bank interest, Qmee and facebook sales.
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 November 2017 at 7:56PM
    Options
    I hope everyone's managing to keep warm this morning. The ice on the car windscreens was hard to shift before I went to Morrison's first thing this morning:(

Kantankrus Mare, if you're around today please can I ask for your advice?

I think it was you who told us about some fresh meal kits that you had an introductory offer for a while ago. Apologies if it wasn't you, my mind has been all over the place lately:o

A friend was talking about an offer email she'd had from Gousto. Was that who you got yours from? She wondered how easy it would be to cancel after the first 2 boxes (half price for the first 2 in the offer I think she said). She wouldn't want it long-term;). She's looked on Quidco where reviewers have been very scathing and who say the Gousto sales staff keep hassling after the trial period is up:eek:. Also, Quidco didn't pay out any additional cashback. She said TCB reviews were a lot more favourable and it looks as if cashback did become payable with them. Did you manage to get cashback as well as Gousto's introductory offer please?

Sorry about all the questions but I mentioned to my friend that I 'know' someone who I think had experience of this sort of thing and I'd find out more

Yes it was me that had the Gousto and still having them once a month. We absolutely love them!! Its great quality food and is getting us trying different recipes and cooking techniques. Its handy that I have an OH who likes to cook as well so its not all left to me.

Obviously I havent cancelled after the first 2 discounted boxes so cant comment on that. We have one once a month as a treat and you have the option to skip if theres nothing you fancy or just want to skip a month.

I read somewhere that if you try to cancel after two boxes they will try to tempt you with another discount but I didnt know about this when it would benefit me. ;)

We have had four boxes now and apparently the fifth will be completely free which is a bonus!! :j My friend who has had many more than me though didnt get a free one so not sure if thats a new thing.

If I could afford it, I would have them more regular. Out of the 16 recipes we have had so far........there is probably only 3 we wouldnt cook again. Portions are brilliant. When you consider my OH is 6ft 3 and his nickname in the family is biffa.......says it all.

I was silly enough not to look for cashback. Not like me at all.

Hope that helps. :D

Mrs C......thanks for info about your pension.......I will wait and see what ffigures BT send me and then have a serious think about what I am going to do. To be honest.......its more than I expected anyway as I was only full time for 2 years before going part time for 2 years and then taking voluntary redundancy.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Quick update just to keep me on track, up to £116.47.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • A_Random_Man
    Options
    Evening everyone bit of a quieter day for me £45.12 in matched betting £2 on quidco from some trainers i purchased, i have also listed extra things on eBay to sell, hope everyone had a great day :D

EF - £1025/£2000 (51.25%)
    Debt Remaining: £0.00 - Debt Free
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family