We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Make upto £10 a day in November 2017 ~ everybody most welcome

Options

Comments

• bloomfelt
    Options
    Had a busy weekend so will have to try and catch up on the posts later or tomorrow. Sorry to hear you have had a bad day Jess I'm sure it will work out ok, hope everyone else has had a good money making weekend.

I have £13.01 to add just claimed a free Beauty & the Beast cushion which will be perfect to bump up my stepdaughters gifts from santa had to pay a bit of postage so have taken that off. I'm sure they will go quick but thought I would share the link with this thread first in case any of you can make use of it :)
    http://www.wowfreestuff.co.uk/free-beauty-beast-cushion/
    Make £10 (£3) a day February 2024 Challenge £56.13/87
    NSD February 2024 13/19 target

DF Journey start date 17/1/2024 credit accounts £3779.36 current £3376.31
    mortgage £147331.36 £146972.93
    HTB Loan £44000 £44000
  • bloomfelt
    Options
    has anybody heard of/used 'WeShop' they are offering a free Oralb toothbrush via cashback to new users but it's the first I've heard of them so not sure whether to go for it or not?
    Make £10 (£3) a day February 2024 Challenge £56.13/87
    NSD February 2024 13/19 target

DF Journey start date 17/1/2024 credit accounts £3779.36 current £3376.31
    mortgage £147331.36 £146972.93
    HTB Loan £44000 £44000
  • haybel19
    haybel19 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    bloomfelt wrote: »
    has anybody heard of/used 'WeShop' they are offering a free Oralb toothbrush via cashback to new users but it's the first I've heard of them so not sure whether to go for it or not?

Not heard of or used but interested to know.
    Make £10 a day challenge November £125.60/310
    December 417.35/310 January 512.33/310

£1000 emergency fund challenge 0/1000

Rule of 3 challenge 13/365
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 November 2017 at 8:25PM
    Options
    bloomfelt wrote: »
    have you checked mse, usually someone has tried it and tested it.

interesting terms and conditions

https://help.weshop.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/115004142545-1-000-Promotional-Point-New-Member-Deal-Terms-Conditions
  • Aesop
    Options
    QueenJess wrote: »
    Total failure so far today... been a very difficult day all round (I hate weekends...) and stressed about various things including how I am going to juggle a full time job with a baby doing all the pick ups and drop offs at nursery with a long commute :( It's now keeping me awake at night..

Anyway, so I have made about 50p today (oops!), although weekends are harder as I find the surveys dry up a bit. I have been researching and trying to find new apps and things to trial, so will report back if I find any good ones!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

do you have to work full time? is there any opportunities for you to be able to work from home one or two days to help you?

I was unfortunate enough to be made redundant while on maternity leave with DS so took me 2 years to find a part time job. When he started infant school, they asked me to go 5 days a week rather than 3 but with school hours. You find you work that much harder doing less hours as you don't want to feel you are letting the business down working fewer days or hours.
  • QueenJess
    QueenJess Posts: 3,758 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    do you have to work full time? is there any opportunities for you to be able to work from home one or two days to help you?

I was unfortunate enough to be made redundant while on maternity leave with DS so took me 2 years to find a part time job. When he started infant school, they asked me to go 5 days a week rather than 3 but with school hours. You find you work that much harder doing less hours as you don't want to feel you are letting the business down working fewer days or hours.

Well I probably do have to work full time for the short term (few years). I wanted to work from home 2 days as it's easy for me to do that, but HR are saying I can't. I don't know why not at the moment as I spend my time on emails and the phone anyway and tend to work more efficiently at home. Is just stressing me out as I always presumed the pick ups and drop offs would be shared, but DH is refusing to commit to anything.
    2024 decluttering: 12,307 ⭐️🥉⭐️🏅🏅🥈⭐️🏅🥇🏅⭐️🏅🏅⭐️⭐️🏅👑💎⭐️
    May/June mini clothes declutter challenge: 209/200
    2024 decluttering goals: 🥉3,000 🥈4,000 🥇5,000 💎12,000 🏆 20,000
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    When have you got to return to work Jess? And why is OH being so awkward? Its his child as well!!

Call his bluff and say you wont be able to cope and will give up work altogether if he isnt willing to help. :rotfl:

I have £8.50 in tips to add. Oh and dont think I added my overtime from Thursday £30 :D
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • Aesop
    Options
    When have you got to return to work Jess? And why is OH being so awkward? Its his child as well!!

Call his bluff and say you wont be able to cope and will give up work altogether if he isnt willing to help. :rotfl:

I have £8.50 in tips to add. Oh and dont think I added my overtime from Thursday £30 :D

If anything like my DH only the odd and very odd drop off and pick ups. Usually when I am so sick am sleeping separate room and only then.

The Working from home is a security and confidentiality thing.

They have to give you a secure browser to access emails etc and it's very funny..... The management can work from home accessing emails of their phone etc.... But us minions aren't allowed to even though we would be one ee security conscious.

I get this where I work now.

I think you may need to go to HR and see about part time hours. Remember if you are late for nursery pick ups you get fined.

I had to stay Working locally for that reason. The one day I was up the city and was delayed due to tubes getting back in had to pay a late fine.

Maybe you need to sit down with DH and explain this.
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    £8.12 job spotter
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • QueenJess
    QueenJess Posts: 3,758 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

Well I have to go back mid Jan in theory, but as I have so much holiday I am hoping it'll be the end of Jan. I am starting nursery the week before to ensure it is fine, but I have to tell nursery with a months notice of any changes... I originally said it would be full time, but I think it will be part time (assuming it is approved) for 2 months whilst I use up my holiday and then full time from then. Am running out of time to tell them... will have to tell them something, but don't want to mess them around.

As to the second bit I have no idea. Am already at the end of my tether with a lovely, but clingy baby.. I do absolutely everything and he just does a bit of playing with him (and changes some nappies) when it's convenient for him. I just don't know what to say to him anymore. Spent the afternoon in tears, upset with everything and as usual either he didn't notice or didn't care and said nothing :(
    Aesop wrote: »
    If anything like my DH only the odd and very odd drop off and pick ups. Usually when I am so sick am sleeping separate room and only then.

The Working from home is a security and confidentiality thing.

They have to give you a secure browser to access emails etc and it's very funny..... The management can work from home accessing emails of their phone etc.... But us minions aren't allowed to even though we would be one ee security conscious.

I get this where I work now.

I think you may need to go to HR and see about part time hours. Remember if you are late for nursery pick ups you get fined.

I had to stay Working locally for that reason. The one day I was up the city and was delayed due to tubes getting back in had to pay a late fine.

Maybe you need to sit down with DH and explain this.

I'm not management, but I'm hardly junior. I remember before I went away that management seemed very keen to have me back and said they would do what they could to make it work. HR seem to have different rules... it's a bit confusing. I will try and ring my boss tomorrow and see what they think is best as they originally said working from home is fine (as long as it isn't all the time obviously).

They upgraded all our software not that long ago (and have done since I have been away) so we all have much more secure access to stuff when we are remote. It's all a bit weird...
    2024 decluttering: 12,307 ⭐️🥉⭐️🏅🏅🥈⭐️🏅🥇🏅⭐️🏅🏅⭐️⭐️🏅👑💎⭐️
    May/June mini clothes declutter challenge: 209/200
    2024 decluttering goals: 🥉3,000 🥈4,000 🥇5,000 💎12,000 🏆 20,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills