PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

General Pizza tips & Quick Questions

Options

Comments

• louisewh123
    louisewh123 Posts: 207 Forumite
    Options
    i have frosen befow in tin foil, let defrost and heated in oven or freezer!

Tasted ok to me and fella!!
    [STRIKE]Debt 01.01.2010 = £70,000[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Debt 01.02.2011 = £53,495 [/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Debt 05.05.2011 = £51,959 [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Debt 01/08/2011 = £49,425 [/STRIKE]Debt 05/09/2011 = £45,610 :j
  • kittieme0w
    kittieme0w Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum, didn't know where else to post it!?

Yesterday my 3-year old son woke and the first thing he said was "I want to make a pizza today mummy" LOL
    Anyhow after a bit of thinking and looking in the cupboards, we made pizzas for lunch and I thought I'd share with you all on how to make it.
    It's really easy and quick to make, as well as being healthy, and the kids can get involved with the whole preparation of it all :D
    Bonus - you can use pretty much whatever you have in your cupboard/fridge for toppings!!!!

You will need:
    Pitta bread (regular-size if you want larger pizzas, or mini for lil individual ones)
    Tomato Puree (I had this in my fridge already, but if not you can either use tomato ketchup, BBQ sauce, etc. or blend up a can of drained tinned tomatoes and add dried herbs if you want them)
    Cheese (I used a ball of mozzarella, which I sliced up; but you can use pretty much any cheese you like)
    Toppings of your choice (I used chopped chicken roll and diced mushroom)

**My ingredients were Sainsbury's basics except for the chicken roll, which was just some I'd got left over in fridge from a big pack I got for £1 bargain!)**

What you do is spread the sauce onto the pitta breads, add the cheese and sprinkle on the toppings, then put into the oven (haven't tried grilling them so dunno how much pitta would dry out, but in the oven they tend not to go too hard or crispy) until the cheese is all melty and toppings cooked to your liking. And that's it!
    Nom nom nommm:rotfl:
    Wins 2013: Stella Cidre Chalice, Pack of Berol fabric pens, Comfort Umbrella, £50 cash, Warburtons brad and picnic hamper :j
  • twentypenceoff
    twentypenceoff Posts: 1,460 Forumite
    Options
    lovely

you can also do this with anytype of bread you have or make a mini one on a cracker, very original for parties.
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My lot have got pitta pizzas for their packed lunches to day. I grill them and they are fine. We have them at least once a week;)
  • milkybars
    milkybars Posts: 409 Forumite
    Options
    Lacking bread and pittas? Make a scone pizza base.
  • charliee_3
    charliee_3 Posts: 803 Forumite
    Options
    Nigella recommends shop bought nan breads for her pizzas... i have tried them and have to agree and if they are good enough for her....
  • skiTTish
    skiTTish Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    Options
    I make a really simple base with S/R Flour ,a good glug or 3 of olive oil ,salt and enough milk/water to make into a dough ,roll it out and strch and press into shape.
    No need to leave it to rise and it cooks in 15 mins
  • ascot64
    ascot64 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Tortilla wraps also make an excellent base for pizza - very like a thin and crispy pizza.

Sometimes I just use toast if I have nothing else and don't want to make a dough/scone base.
  • Glpark01
    Glpark01 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    i use flour, yeast, oil and water to make my bases, works out so much cheaper than buying them as i always have flour and yeast in to make bread and they're so much nicer.
  • Jedilibrarian
    Options
    I use this same recipe except I use the part baked baguettes you get in packs. You can use the biggies or small ones, just cut in half and away you go!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure