🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Options

Comments

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    determined im sorry to read about your anxiety, I am an awful worrier& I struggle to explain to hub sometimes that I can't help it!!

Managed to stick to a NSD though I got some yellow sticker chocs which im putting up for xmas. Got some Amazon vouchers come through that I am debating getting some extra stocking fillers for the kids, maybe a couple of books!! I dont want to spend them just because though :cool:

Hope every one else has had a lovely day.

Those bath salts sound worth it :)
  • dizzyblnd
    dizzyblnd Posts: 449 Forumite
    Options
    laurenh1 wrote: »
    Hi Dizzy:o

Well there's lots of lovely free things around here. Halloween (I know everyone does halloween) my estate really makes an effort for the kids. Id guess 90 percent of houses are decorated, we get 100s of kids. Bonfire we have an amazing display and then ive booked a light show in York , we are going with another family, I got them tickets as a wedding gift. I have booked tickets on the santa express ( courtesy of Grandma :T) and then ive picked out a few special English heritage events. My downfall is days out. I can do without physical things but i do love an outing :p xx

I completely agree I am the same. I love taking the kids out making memories. I haven't booked any Santa things yet. Never really thought about bonfire night but I'm sure there's a display around. They all sound lovely. What wonderful memories u will make.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 October 2017 at 8:04AM
    Options
    Day 9
    NSD achieved today 7/20
    Brought lunch into work and walked 20 minutes.
    Read my book on bus, before work and during lunchtime.
    Still trying to cut my time spent of social media. At least I have not being playing 2 games on my laptop which was taking up a lot of time.
    Did achieve a few things in work.
    Have been doing surveys but keep getting screened out of them.
    Sending hugs who are in need of them.
    Grateful for:
    Considering I left work late(10 minutes), I managed to get home about 5.55pm.
    Washing the dishes, drying them and putting them away before going to bed. This helps my stresses levels in the morning as not to see dirty dishes and washing the dishes that I need.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • dizzyblnd
    dizzyblnd Posts: 449 Forumite
    Options
    laurenh1 wrote: »
    determined im sorry to read about your anxiety, I am an awful worrier& I struggle to explain to hub sometimes that I can't help it.

Those bath salts sound worth it :)

I too am an awful worrier. Struggle with anxiety- maybe that's what brings us all here?
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hi all :hello:
    Sorry I've been so quiet - dying under my pile of stress, and then spending my free time clearing up after the new windows, and enjoying my warmer house.
    Work is really hard at the moment - I just don't get a minute to myself and then I'm too tired for much 'me time' when I get home.
    So, I would like to thank mothernerd for her daily inspiration - which has helped me to motivate myself to read and post on here.
    And say a massive congratulations to FMess on the new bathroom, with bath :j
  • fruitloop04
    Options
    mothernerd you make me tired with what you fit in to a day!!

Back at work but took my lunch and made double for tomorrow too :) Made a mince, spices and veggies meal tonight (doing low carb) and have 3 portions to go in the freezer! Did pick up some bottles of water (pack of 4 on offer for £2) as a single water was 60p and I like to have a new one each week so planning ahead!

My OH wants to see Bladerunner at the cinema but the only day we can see it is at an independent cinema so no deals :( Whilst I was looking I have found a show with Phil Jupitus at the local arts venue for £15 a ticket. I have seen him there before and it was a great night...this will blow my personal budget eeek!

My totals are so far:
    NSD: 5/20
    Food: £133.54/£280
    Personal: £46.93/£100
    Alcohol Free Days: 6
    Exercise: None so far

Grateful for: My Japanese anemone still flowering! The training I delivered today going well and getting positive feedback :)
    01.05.2019 - Re-Mortgage - £142,000 :eek::eek::eek: Total overpaid to date: £15,584.33.
    MFW #52 £9000/£12000
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 810 Forumite
    Options
    thanks Dizzy I agree, I think memories are so important. :T
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 9 October 2017 at 9:14PM
    Options
    Today was not a NSD, it was up until 20.30 and then I found the blinds for my bedroom at a reduced price and with cashback that was 20% of the total price for 2 blinds. So I bought them.

DH is still ridiculously stressed so I am being particularly kind to him. It is kind to go and find the two bottles of beer-free beer in the fridge that he claimed were not there. I knew they were so he not only got gently mocked, he also got a surprise beer flavoured fizzy drink.

Although I am spending, I am making sure there are discount codes and cashback on all bits and bobs. I am reusing and using up screws and rawl plugs and making good use of the stuff in the shed before going anywhere near a shop.

Going to be waiting in on a few deliveries over the next couple of days so will start prepping the huge mountain of YS veg I got yesterday. And baking too, need to finish off the apples and will make a cherry cake for lunchboxes. I will freeze something too, or it will just get eaten.

'Borrowing' the football off the internet instead of spending on a football channel. It really is much more civilised.:money:

DH put the heating on for an hour yesterday - the sw1ne.
    Good job he can't work the timer setting:rotfl: He can only turn it on for an hour at a time if he feels cold. The house is fine though - the kids are having hot water bottles now, but I think that is psychological now they are going to bed in the dark. I have £200 credit, I will let him have an hour.

4 days left until Half Term (chin up teaching-types)
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks ccl :) I'm crazy busy too and trying to not slip into the depressed/stressed/anxious habits that usually start about October as the days get shorter and work gets tougher.

Today was SFD number 4. Lots of steps due to work and dog walking. Just had another bath :) I can't decide if it's relaxing though as I'm so excited by every bath I have!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hugs for ccl, all the worriers and anyone else who wants one.

Well done on fixing the laptop and replacing light bulbs Toni'sfriend. I bought some for the kitchen 2 or 3 weeks ago (had 3 in but more had gone) but haven't had a good 'going up the ladder' day - I can do it but have to feel right. DS3 does most of the light bulbs but doesn't do ladders - this means he does them all (standing on the ground) except the kitchen ones which are up against the 8'9" ceiling).

greent my eyes are tired (done lots of embroidery) and I read it as ' Will massage the plasterer in a bit'. :rotfl:We do love a good barter in turtle land.

Kerry Woman doing the pots before bedtime is a habit I should adopt. I just stop when they threaten to fall off the draining board. I didn't go to look for any pots on Saturday. It wasn't a problem because when I had cleared some room in the kitchen, DS3 and Beloved put piles of pots in all the spaces (when I had gone to bed).

Had a quiet relaxing day at mum's. Went via the library (most of the books returned), B**ts (bought a sandwichwith my points but have 'won' £5 - have to claim via text) and Tosco for own brand soap and toothpaste (put some in foodbank box) bananas, tongue and baby spinach leaves - mum is low in iron and the podiatrist and myself were telling her what foods to eat + a few more bits (had already filled the rucksack with the things I bought her on Friday). I will add £10 to my food spends and adjust it when I work out how much was mum's.

Today I am grateful for easing into the day - I think trying to rush would have made everything worse, for mum wanting to watch films this afternoon and letting me watch 'Life on Mars' this evening. I think she secretly likes it - I asked to watch it a few weeks ago and now she keeps saying it's on and I can watch it if I want.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family