NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Options

Comments

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Dizzy:o

Well there's lots of lovely free things around here. Halloween (I know everyone does halloween) my estate really makes an effort for the kids. Id guess 90 percent of houses are decorated, we get 100s of kids. Bonfire we have an amazing display and then ive booked a light show in York , we are going with another family, I got them tickets as a wedding gift. I have booked tickets on the santa express ( courtesy of Grandma :T) and then ive picked out a few special English heritage events. My downfall is days out. I can do without physical things but i do love an outing :p xx
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Checking in 8/31
    Bank balance checked and bills up to date. Will update figures in signature.
    NSDs now 5/15.
    Lazy Sunday before a busy week.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

NSD today so 5/15

Organise: Down cellar, paint now dry. Put other set of shelves up & filled most of them whilst making an inventory....there is so much stuff!! Looking at the dates I must have repeatedly been unable to find/forgotten I had/couldn't be bothered to go down the cellar - a fair few times so I kept re-buying. BTW upstairs I also have a pantry AND a larder...hangs head in shame :(

Started to clear further corner & unearthed more damp stuff that needed to go. Another 4 bags/rubble sacks

Lunch HM & from stores, soup made from elderly butternut squash, even older sweet potatoes, onion & ginger. Had with cheese toastie . Lovely & plenty left.

Supper was HM chilli, this time with pasta not rice...

Food budget: £137.44 /250 no more spends

Be kind: Gritted teeth & thanked DH for loading dishwasher. Only had to re-wash a couple of items though. Think I was kind, try to remember this & bite tongue. Then found he hadn't cleaned the bath - after using a Lush bath bomb - complained but only to self!

One more time: Yep on SW again

Extra Income: Actually managed to list 3 items on ebay. Will try to do more tomorrow.

Christmas: Finished sock no 1, now for its' mate.

Exercise: Up & down cellar steps x loads also in garden.

Heating: still off

Grateful for: More progress on clearing actually took down some tins from dining room table to cellar, lovely day & did get some time in garden, not having to get up @ 5.30 with DD - and last but not least - heated duvet!!

Mothernerd I do hope you get some sleep tonight. I cannot function if I don't get enough sleep..
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you mothernerd, apple and ilovetea. It's such a revelation having an upstairs bathroom and a bath!

Spendy day yesterday as I took my grandad and sisters out for lunch and then was out for tea with friends. My Grandad's sister unexpectedly passed away on Saturday night so it was important to keep him busy yesterday, even though the trip to see him was planned before it happened.

Yesterday was a long day but I got my marking and admin done, the dogs walked, drove a lot, ate out twice, got the new bathroom cleaned of the workmen's dust, changed the bed sheets and did some washing, so was feeling pretty pleased with myself.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Thanks Mothernerd, I think I will just take a couple of items for now, and aim to do them, and see how I manage the change.Being grateful and mindful I practice most of the time, but noticed that I have not been on the case this last fortnight since my Mum took ill. So I will practice that, stop buying Lunches next door and making my own while I do the school pack up.
    I did a Shop in Aldi yesterday so will aim for the 15 No spend days for the rest of the month.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Purplebonnie
    Options
    Organise October

Organise/Declutter – found a bag of cauliflower from the freezer and added it to homegrown garlic, squash, sage and onions to make soup for lunch (it made enough soup to feed the forty thousand!)
    Veggie stew with the biggest dumpling for dinner – very tasty and plenty of leftovers.

Regular – spent zero

Get Ready – I cleared and covered some of my raised beds at the allotment, putting them to bed for winter. I will plant some garlic next week and I already have purple sprouting broccoli, white sprouting broccoli, kale, leeks and spring cabbage happily growing for harvesting next year.

Improvise : Use an old wall hanging as a curtain for the back door. It is on a pole, so just need two hooks done

Stoptober : Peeked at eBay, but didn’t spend!

Exercise : Walk the dog for at least 20 mins per day. Also do back & neck exercises - Done

One More Time : Stuck to SW plan

Christmas :
    Extra Income : None

Food Budget : £200 /£48.18
    SFD : 15 / 5
    Stoptober : No spending on eBay 31/8
    October Goal : Lose 8lbs /
    Extra Income : £100 /£56.06
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Emergency Fund Goal - £1000/£106.89
    Living Fund 1 Year - £2520/£640
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
    Regular Saving Fund £4800/£400
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Didn't get a chance to post yesterday so here we go.

Organise - OH chopped up some very ripe fruit and we had that and yoghurt for pudding. I'm taking leftover coq au vin to work today.

Budget - £59.85/£150 food, £15/£20 social

NSDs - 6/20 :D

Be kind - really struggling with this :o. I'm getting toothache a lot from one dodgy tooth and the pain is making me grumpy. Poor OH is bearing the brunt of it.

Exercise - had planned a run yesterday but in the end didn't bother. Met my target of 15,000 steps :)

Extra income - an hours overtime at work
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10802.94/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1550.15/£2000 (77.5% saved).
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just checking in:o

NSD #7 :j - I need to go to the pharmacy for a prescription but other than that I won't spend a bean. Tomorrow will be a spend day as I need to go to Aldi.away this weekend but hoping for at least 10 by end of the week!

Yesterday I had a good look at our savings jars and reshuffled them slightly. Set up another help 2 buy ISA in hubs name as I think we can afford to put slightly more away than we do :eek: wont be easy but Im up for the challenge. Xmas and our weekend away now all saved up for. Remember struggling with Christmas before becoming a money saver and a planner and I feel pretty proud of ourselves :) I think sometimes its easy tp think you're not getting anywhere sometimes. Loving this thread for keeping me motivated :A

Been pretty good at sticking to SW this week- walked plenty. Been feeling a little run down so need lots of goodness in me & plenty of water.

Greatful today for morning cuddles with my boy , that hub might be home next week :T for lovely crisp weather & for a happy home :A
  • ChasingSunshine
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry have been MIA for the last few days but have finally moved house and am shattered / only had internet on my phone. Still working my way round boxes as was away on Saturday at sports tournament and back in old house yesterday cleaning. Keen to get as much of my deposit back as possible so wanted place in best possible shape. Sorry to leave it as was there for few years but time to try living on my own.

Yesterday was NSD but planned spends on Friday and Saturday. Now all I need to do is find someone to help me hang my curtains (window height ceilings, so the idea of balancing on a ladder and using a drill without help is terrifying!!) and get my gas connected as its been shut off in new place. The revelation that is pasta without using the hob was a lifesaver yesterday, think it was here I saw it so thank you!!

Have to read back through the thread as no doubt have missed loads. Will get back to checking in more frequently now that life is getting back to normal.
  • Lauralozzle
    Options
    I have just about recovered from the weekend. I had a fabulous time, drank way too much, felt terrible on Sunday and only spent £40 on drinks/food for both days. Main activities and hotel room had already been paid for but I don't think £40 is that bad at all.

I have booked today off work which is needed. Quite sore and achy from the dancing. Had tummy troubles yesterday and spent most f the evening asleep. Feel better today (don't feel ill) but not as refreshed as I would like.

Not sure if today will be a NSD - probably not as I need to get bread for lunches for rest of the week. Hoping it will be a suitably small spend though. I might also buy some Epsom salts and have a hot bath later. That might help the achy bones.

So, still on 3 NSD. I'd like to have at least 4 NSD this week and get that number up. Also need to get on top of the housework too so a fairly busy day to be had today I reckon.

I've failed at stop-tober- might have had a couple of cigarettes on the hen do. Oops.
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family