Regular - need to check that all dd/so have gone out correctly
    NSD - another achieved so now at 4/15
    Stoptober - succumbed to a funsize chocolate bar
    Exercise - went for a walk with dd & ds, over 10000 steps

Report #7/31
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    mothernerd wrote: »
    misstara running? No, I can't do that (DS1 once described me as looking like a pregnant penguin).

:rotfl::rotfl:

Organise - Took the meal OH didn't have yesterday into work for my tea. Had a discussion about what we wanted for Sunday dinner and I've taken out some chicken thighs for coq au vin. OH will chuck it in the slow cooker in the morning and it will be ready by the time I get home from work.

Budget - spent £8.12 today on the bits that were needed. £59.85/£150 food, £15/£20 social

NSDs - still on 5/20

Stoptober - no snacking today

Exercise - over 30,000 steps today. Walked to work, very busy shift, worked to 2nd job, busy shift, walked home so plenty of movement today :)

Extra income - shift at 2nd job, between this and a shift I did earlier in the week I'll get around £90 on Friday.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10789.83/£15000 (71.9% saved). Emergency fund - £1525.51/£2000 (76.3% saved).
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all:j

DD finally went back to her home this afternoon. Said she wouldn't be back until after work Tuesday.. here's hoping! Thats' my cue to get on with stuff as no distractions...

NSD today so 4/15

Organise: Down cellar painted wall & ceiling. Then tackled horrible mess underneath stone table....eventually identified as paperwork from 1997, all horribly wet despite being in plastic bags/containers. Filled 4 rubble sacks, DH prised off sofa to help. He did, but ended up getting paint on himself. Sigh, no wonder I do the man work round here..

Lunch HM & from stores, soup made from remains of chicken, plus various veg in fridge from other meals, but tasty. Had small soup & BLT, sadly knocked soup all over sofa gah. Luckily it is covered by a throw which prevented it from soaking through onto the cushions.

Supper was HM chilli, made a big pan. DD took some with her, we had it with rice & there is plenty left. As well as other ingredients used up wrinkly courgette, carrot & tin of black eyed beans found in cellar - daren't look at date - was tasty.

Food budget: £137.44 /250 no more spends

Be kind: think I was, try not to be so critical. I push myself but have to realise others don't. After doing cellar had to sit down for a while. I am just so keen to see progress.

One more time: Yep on SW again after yesterdays blip

Extra Income: done a couple of surveys, will be some time before I get any payout. Need to ebay some stuff.

Christmas: still socking along for Christmas

Exercise: Up & down cellar steps x loads

Heating: still off but have gas bottle to take off chill

Grateful for: Progress on clearing, finally hearing from aunt re poorly uncle(s) that they are doing OK. Living here & being healthy..
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Yesterday was an odd day for a Saturday. I had planned lots of errands and chores and was 'saving' all the school work for Sunday when my sister reminded me we said we'd go visit my grandad and take him out for lunch on Sunday. This will probably take about 5/6 hours round trip. I was then wracked with anxiety the whole day as I have so much school work plus I'm already out for dinner with friend tonight. I refuse to let school work st weekends stop me seeing my family but I just don't know how to fit it all in. I did get most votes done yesterday - hair cut, shopping, mowing both lawns, pruning, dog walking, returning bathroom items for a refund and did about 3 hours school work last night. But feel so stressed, I've even woke up at 5.40 on a Sunday with worry.

However, I had two lovely treats yesterday - a massage (ironically booked to reduce stress from work) and a bath!!!!!!!!!!! In my own bath!!!!! It was amazing (apart from the new fan comes on when you put the lights on and it's pretty loud and not relaxing). The skirting will be done this morning and then I just need to paint the woodwork and touch up a few scratches to the wall paint. I am so pleased it's finally done.

Today I intend to work until I go to my Grandad's, then walk the dogs, I might have 5 minutes for more work before going out for dinner but may have to work after that too. Roll on half term!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    There is no such thing as an ordinary human being
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Purplebonnie
    Options
    Organise October

Organise/Declutter –
    Lunch – Jacket potato & beetroot
    Dinner – Veggie burger and salad
    Made rock cakes using ingredients that I already had

Regular – spent zero

Get Ready –

Improvise : Use an old wall hanging as a curtain for the back door. It is on a pole, so just need two hooks.

Stoptober : Aim to not even look at eBay today - achieved

Exercise : Walk the dog for at least 20 mins per day. Also do back & neck exercises - Done

One More Time : Stuck to SW plan (ish!)

Christmas :
    Extra Income : None

Food Budget : £200 /£48.18
    SFD : 15 / 4
    Stoptober : No spending on eBay 31/7
    October Goal : Lose 8lbs /
    Extra Income : £100 /£56.06
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Emergency Fund Goal - £1000/£106.89
    Living Fund 1 Year - £2520/£640
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
    Regular Saving Fund £4800/£400
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello, last check in for a week. Spend day yesterday and most likely today. Away for a race, hotel and the minibreak next week. Will report back asap.

See you after
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just checking in :)

NSD - 6 out of 20 hoping to avoid the shops until Tuesday! Away next weekend so hoping I can get most of these in during the week.

Organise- hoping to get on top of house work & washing.

Exercise- taking kids swimming!!

Christmas- pretty much done there, only 2 more gift and food, the gifts ill sort month end when i have some more xmas budget.away in dec with hub which im saving up for too just a couple of nights in Scotland.

Heating went on last night but I was cooold and I hsve two littles. Might
    Go off again yet.

Today Im greatful for- the lovely friend coming with me to take the boys to their swimming lessons as I have to go in with them because there so young and hub is away & For all the lovely (pre paid for) activities I have planned for when hub gets home & over winter :)

Have a lovely sunday everyone
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yay to your bath fmess!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mothernerd I hear you on the procrastination, I have so much stuff to do and absolutely zero motivation. It doesn't help that I have had a really hard week so this has taken my focus away even more. I need to remind myself to put me first and that all of this is to make this duos life better.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport