PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weekly Flylady Thread 24th July 2017

Options

Comments

• SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Tardis4 wrote: »
    Time for crouton-making, SunnyGirl! :)

I never thought of that and yet have soup almost every day for lunch! Thank you :)
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Valli you're quite right, a Toots list is just what's needed. My mum also said that tiling a splashback is an easy job - might get her to do it instead :p

Natty - yes, i was v pleasantly surprised with the amount MM offered me for the phone xx

The comment about freezer crusts is making me smile, I too have loads and should make some croutons!

Kiddies scoffing sausage and mash, living room tidied and I am looking forward to reading some more of my book tonight. Tomorrow looks like being a wet one so all laundry is, thankfully, up to date.
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Did the bottle bank run and threw a load of batteries in the sains recycling bin, did the hive email set up, nipped round mils did an errand for her then took her glass to the bottle bank. Done ds1s tea just got to get the washing in then going to get ready to go out.
    Have a lovely evening everyone.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Cheeky_Girrrl
    Options
    :D feeling like I'm on a roll, might not seem a lot but it's loads to me :T
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ATB - I paid someone to do my oven. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again, money well spent.

Busy day at the paid thing, followed by more of the home based boring paid thing. Have done an hour on the kitchen and cooked so not all bad.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had to laugh at the news this morning, but it made me feel less guilty this evening. Look away now if you are of a jealous nature:

I have a cleaner. Now I have no excuses for an untidy house as I will have lots of time to tidy instead of clean:D Just in time as well.Got home 1800 having left at 0615. DW not emptied. Ground coffee all over the kitchen side and floor. Sink full of dirty dishes.

And breathe.

Well done Natty for saying what needed to be said. Be kind to yourself over the next few days.

Right. Visual Basic and Kitchen flying. DH needs sandwiches and dinner tomorrow and I'll be gone by the time he gets home from work:rotfl:
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,922 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well there went a successful flying day! But on the other hand we had a positive hospital visit, and a good day window ( well, pretty much!) shopping with DD. I did manage to finally finish the bathroom from yesterday's list, but the kitchen remains pretty much untouched. Another carry forward to tomorrow. My MAD was to finally pick the courgettes and spinach, tomorrow's will be working out what to do with them to make meals for the freezer. Ooohhh I did manage to do a load of washing and get it dry. I'm taking every small win here, ladies :D

((Hugs)) Natty, and take care of yourself.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,329 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Lots of busy ladies, sorry have just skimmed. Managed both jobs and fitted in my cycling club so pleased with that. DS and girlfriend walked the dog, emptied the dishwasher and helped with tea - long may this continue.

Bedtime now. Kitchen has been cleaned, floor washed, fridge sorted and swished. Needs a bit more of a thorough clean but that will have to wait!
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all

Hugs Natty
    Gws vibes Bossy
    Holiday coping vibes for those with smallies sending them dotty already

Dailies done
    Bathroom done and sparkled
    Kitchen WUDUPA and bunkers wiped
    Spanish lesson done
    Dying flowers binned and vases washed
    Bank accounts checked and did the money shuffle

Hope you all have a lovely Wednesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Natty68 wrote: »
    And then to top it all someone who was instrumental in my main care at my childrens home at a very pivotal point of my life, has passed away. I was also dealing with this when we went to D's mums and kept bursting into tears which probably didn't help matters. And then I am struggling with my own mental health issues... Blimey I think I'll just hibernate away now..lol

Sorry about all you are coping with at the moment, hugs all round. :grouphug:
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport