PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weekly Flylady Thread 24th July 2017

Options

Comments

• Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    - Went to zumba
    - wudupa
    - one load washing on, hung out, brought in dry
    - lots of gardening done, focusing on bed outside conservatory now that is getting smart. New furniture due for delivery "some time after 2pm" - I got home from zumba at 11.30 and Mr N was upacking them. Delivery man knew nothing about 2pm......
    - a few bits of gibble tidied away
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Haven't caught up with Fred and didn't manage the whole list today. *curses* But the kitchen door and its surround is the cleanest it's ever been since it was installed and I did the dining room window as well. And the ironing I didn't get round to yesterday. I'll do what I can tomorrow but I fear slippage is occuring, and it's only Tuesday.
    Better is good enough.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Kitchen Cupboard sorting today both at home and at my parents'.
    Mr Al and the land of ice to stock up.
    School's out for summer

Ds2 has been to see a dinosaur exhibition
    Ds1 has been to work :)

2xwm dried outside

List of activities prepared for the holidays
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,351 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just a small update before bed..

Did a jeans wash load. Hung out on line, dried so brought in and folded up ready to put away tomorrow. Gave up halfway round with the cleaning but will do it tomorrow. Think I'll do HH ironing too.

Have decluttered D to bed with his bandaging all done. Must remember to strip the bed tomorrow, again!!! We are doing wet wrapping of his skin legions which helps him at night just doesn't help my bed..alrhough tonight he is on a towel which I put on there. Poor lamb.

Tomorrow I have to nip to shops for more painkillers and some cream so we can have our strawberries. Might take the pup out in the car to the woods then we can just walk amongst nature and I can unwind for a bit. Then have to do some more dusting etc..oh and change cat tray..

See you all in the morning. Night night xxx
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,891 Forumite
    Options
    And afain..,

On a work day I"d have needed spanakarm. Aaargh
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,672 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 26 July 2017 at 6:00PM
    Options
    Mahoooooooosive amount of time (again) spent on charity stuff today - BUT it is now finished other than reconciling the latest bank statement:j:j (due within the next week) and all packed up and ready to go once that arrives and gets done :) :T

Some house stuff done too. More will be done tomorrow :)

month end approaches - write list of birthday cards etc for August - to do

Terrific Tuesday - Kitchen

Level 1
    Clear sills and wipe
    Clean windows - this includes glass panels in doors - back door done, windows not done
    Wipe/polish tables and chairs - DONE
    Wipe switches and sockets

Level 2
    Empty bin, wash it and stick it outside to dry in the sun - thus de-germifying it, too - DONE

Level 3
    Wipe down cupboard fronts - and tops and bottoms of doors - to removed dried-on drips and dust
    Wipe handles of cupboards and drawers
    Vacuum and mop floor - DONE

Extras
    Freezer inventory

Wonderful Wednesday - because you're worth it! Your BOUDOIR

Level 1
    Take out any rubbish
    Clear the floordrobe/chairdrobe

Level 2
    Dust everywhere-
    With a just-damp cloth wipe where sticky fingers linger inc. light switches
    Vacuum/wipe bedhead/frame

Level 3
    Thorough vacuum/floor sweep - don't forget the edges!
    Polish windows and mirrors

Extras

iron! - 3 x WM done yesterday. Nothing to do today (and it's raining) - but will iron the 2 duvet covers in pile - and that's it then all done!:j
    S&S kitchen - DONE
    S&S bathroom - DONE
    MAD half hour - DONE more than HH, but so worth it to clear it :)

Actually - that's not too bad, all things considered. Very glad I didn't vac & mop kitchen until after lunch - the smalls made their own wraps - they grated the cheese themselves and it seemed to get everywhere....!:eek::D

Ironing will get done later (only 2 x duvet covers, 1 x fitted sheet) catching up with H0lby :) May just about have enough washing by tomorrow morning to make it worthwhile to do a load (will see what weather is like before deciding!)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok and hugs if not.

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but before the paid stuff I did lots including cutting the back grass,walking the dogs,doing an errand for a friend and dropping my car off at the garage.

This morning I plan to catch up with yesterday's kitchen list.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Hugs good wishes, get well and coping vibes to all who need them.
    Had a lovely meal out last night with dd3s future inlaws -they are just as lovely as their son. Can't believe the happy couple have been together 10 years and we've only met his parents a couple of times in passing so it was lovely to spend an evening with them.
    Up at five thirty, washing is hung out and all rooms ready for the boiler fit e dragged furniture away from rads and cleared the airing cupboard, I've deliberately saved myself a bit of ironing for today as I don't know which rooms I'll be able to go in but given that we've trashed most rooms I'll have my work cut out getting it all back tidy once it's finished.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all. Pouring with rain here but luckily I got lots of washing dry yesterday so I don't have enough for a load today.

Not even been over for a newspaper yet, I'll wait and see if the rain goes off but it's not looking hopeful at the moment. Shopping due between 9 and 11 and haircut at 11.30 so that's my exciting morning.

Think the cat has just woken DH up by shouting outside the bedroom door so off to put the kettle on again. She's been fed and been out the back and front - yes, it's raining both sides - so she's just shouting in her endearing senile way. Grrr.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,891 Forumite
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    And afain..,

On a work day I"d have needed spanakarm. Aaargh

That should have read

And again

On a work day I'd have needed an alarm.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Sorry

Fell back to sleep, just made a coffee.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills