PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 24th July 2017

Options

Comments

• hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oven cleaning again - I looked at Groupon/Wowcher offers but everything was an add on. My double range oven and hob was more via the 'offer' than it was to book direct with local people who came a few days later. Worth shopping around.

Another busy paid day, and very little done at home yet. I;m building up a hideous volume of work on Friday!
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening all x

First day of the school hols here.

Ground floor stick cleaned
    Towels washed

Need to check calendar to check it isn't November already as weather has been horrid all day.
    Board games played
    Very large Lego set taken apart and checked to sell. A 2nd one started then ds2 changed his mind over that one.
    Lots of ranting has got on my nerves and a wall in the living room has got damaged
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 27 July 2017 at 6:51AM
    Options
    Ha! Just edited my morning post instead of quoting it and editing :o:o :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Ah well! Posting it here again so I know where I am! :D

Mahoooooooosive amount of time (again) spent on charity stuff today - BUT it is now finished other than reconciling the latest bank statement:j:j (due within the next week) and all packed up and ready to go once that arrives and gets done :) :T

Some house stuff done too. More will be done tomorrow :)

month end approaches - write list of birthday cards etc for August - to do

Terrific Tuesday - Kitchen

Level 1
    Clear sills and wipe
    Clean windows - this includes glass panels in doors - back door done, windows not done
    Wipe/polish tables and chairs - DONE
    Wipe switches and sockets

Level 2
    Empty bin, wash it and stick it outside to dry in the sun - thus de-germifying it, too - DONE

Level 3
    Wipe down cupboard fronts - and tops and bottoms of doors - to removed dried-on drips and dust
    Wipe handles of cupboards and drawers
    Vacuum and mop floor - DONE

Extras
    Freezer inventory

Wonderful Wednesday - because you're worth it! Your BOUDOIR

Level 1
    Take out any rubbish
    Clear the floordrobe/chairdrobe

Level 2
    Dust everywhere-
    With a just-damp cloth wipe where sticky fingers linger inc. light switches
    Vacuum/wipe bedhead/frame

Level 3
    Thorough vacuum/floor sweep - don't forget the edges!
    Polish windows and mirrors

Extras

iron! - 3 x WM done yesterday. Nothing to do today (and it's raining) - but will iron the 2 duvet covers in pile - and that's it then all done!:j
    S&S kitchen - DONE
    S&S bathroom - DONE
    MAD half hour - DONE more than HH, but so worth it to clear it :)

Thursday Thrills Living room

Level1
    Take out any rubbish
    Clear, wipe and polish coffee table
    Rehome aything which is out of place
    Wipe coasters
    Deal with any flowers/water & wipe plants
    Clear out fire/woodburner

Level 2

Dust and polish any wooden furniture or just dust
    Check corners for cobwebs/spiders and remove
    Dust skirting boards
    Wipe handles/sockets/switches
    Check your lightbulbs all work; wipe the dust from them and dust shades
    Dust electricals

Level 3

Lift chair/sofa cushions and vacuum under them
    Wipe leather furniture/vacuum sofas
    Sweep/mop/vacuum floor

extras
    clean windows in lounge
    MAD half hour - only half an hour - this is a nibble not a mouthful! Please post yours
    HHI
    Check your lightbulb stock - do you have all the spares you need?
    Ovenpride is on offer at @ldi from today...do you need any?

Can you assign any Summer Holiday chores for littlies?

...taking out the rubbish
    ...cleaning out pets - or helping
    ...daily bedmaking

I'm sure there must be more

Actually - that's not too bad, all things considered. Very glad I didn't vac & mop kitchen until after lunch - the smalls made their own wraps - they grated the cheese themselves and it seemed to get everywhere....!:eek::D

Ironing will get done later (only 2 x duvet covers, 1 x fitted sheet) catching up with H0lby :) May just about have enough washing by tomorrow morning to make it worthwhile to do a load (will see what weather is like before deciding!)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    working my way slowly round my bedroom. There's a lot of 'stuff' to deal with, some of which stirs emotions. And some 'when I get a round tuit' papers... so it's all turned into a pondfull of frogs.
    Have, though, taken too-large clothes out of drawers (tops) and wardrobe (trousers). Drawers now almost empty but wearing stuff which is too big and flaps around me just makes me feel like a bag lady. I'm almost all the way round now.
    Having a coffee and hoping for some 'oomph' for a final flourish!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh my days, what a Wednesday!

Up in good time to get pork casserole in sc, DS2s bedding washed and over airer then off to do 4 hrs job no. 1, straight off to collect DS1s new car (60 Miles away), called at As@a to get DS1 a new flask and wasted far too much time looking at housey things. Home to throw jackets in microwave and washing in tumbler. Tea eaten.

Small paddy over the state of the kitchen and utility room (even though all three of them at home all day), emotional support offered to DS2 who has had a bit of a disagreement with his gf. DH has gone to take DS2 to see gf so the kitchen is still in a mess. No idea where DS1 has disappeared to.

On with more paid stuff next.
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Evening All!

Most of todays lists done - well the bedroom has been dusted, vacced, mirror cleaned, bedding changed and a MAD half hour spent on clearing some drawers and the wardrobe.

The house is already feeling much better for following the thread again and I'm feeling my motivation returning slowly. Thank you all :)
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    What does WUDUPA mean? Is it something to do with washing up and putting away? :o
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SunnyGirl wrote: »
    What does WUDUPA mean? Is it something to do with washing up and putting away? :o

Wash Up Dry Up Put Away

and DU is a task I LOATHE
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all

Headachey tonight so super early night on the cards. Meeting went well, lunch was nice and kiddies were well behaved for MiL. Can't ask for much more!

Will set the DW going shortly then head up to bed. Bother, just realised I didn't do an online shop for tomorrow, better sort now x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ooh I'm ahead of you ATB lol I've set my DW going, and my shopping is booked, and I've got my pjs back on already :rofl:

A couple of mums said they were going to the pub over the road from school at 3:30 so I took my purse and sat in the pub garden drinking beer till 6 :eek::eek::eek: DS wasn't impressed about going as it was DD friends really so he was the oldest, but in the end they had a great time climbing trees, someone had a football and there were swings and a seesaw. Really nice start to the school hols.

Today I've swept all downstairs, cleaned the door into the conservatory, dusted and vacced LR and de-gibbled. Even my desk is tidy.

School bags emptied, lunch boxes washed, kids fed (several times) and I'm letting them stay up. They are being very peaceful now so bedtime won't be long for any of us.

Got that Friday feeling :D
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills