PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weekly Flylady Thread 24th July 2017

Options

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Flying visit from me. Out all day with a combination of two hours paid stuff, lunch with a relative, and a meeting which I'm a bit nervous about. MiL on childcare duty for me today.

Had a quote from a new chap to clean the oven, it's a double oven, quote was £69 does that sound about right?

Going to dash and get beds made, I hate coming back to unmade beds later in the day. Have fab days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,922 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pollybear wrote: »
    Think the cat has just woken DH up by shouting outside the bedroom door so off to put the kettle on again. She's been fed and been out the back and front - yes, it's raining both sides - so she's just shouting in her endearing senile way. Grrr.
    :rotfl: that made me splutter on my tea!

Raining here too. Maybe a blessing in diguise as this morning's jog has been cancelled ( very much a fair weather exerciser!) so plenty of flying time freed up ;). DD off to the cinema to see Dunkirk later, and getting a lift there so that's helpful. I was obviously awake at 6 am as that is when my workday alarm goes off. Level 1 from today's list done, WM doing its thing, but it will be drying indoors later.

I have the last of the broad beans to pod and freeze, then it will be on with the bedroom.

Good luck to all those entertaing littlies if it is raining where you are.

ETA - good luck ATB. We're all behind you.
    Valli - don't you love an autospell :rotfl:
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning,

Lost yesterday to sleep. I finally gave in and yes, of course, I couldn't then sleep last night. Meh. Just helped out at school for an hour sorting donated uniform for the sale later. Gosh, some were just filthy and others looked completely unworn! We don't need any.

Walked home in torrential rain so have changed into my pjs lol. Just having a coffee and some reading time. Then I will clean the LR. Crumbs everywhere...

Roll on tomorrow when we don't have to get up!!!

Hugs natty xxx
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,075 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    For those looking at professional oven clean.. there are offers on Wowcher for £24 for a single oven/hob .. national companies.. worth a look!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,922 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ok so the sun's now out, the kitchen is clean (just the glass cupboard doors and ironing pile to tackle), and the boudoir is sparkling. I think that makes it a successful morning.

Cba to go food shopping as I am sure we can survive another day. I'm out this evening at a volunteering meeting, so my dinner will be at the pub!
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,890 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Working my way round the boudoir and brushing the carpet edge as I go because I stumbled across a thread about dusty carpets. Since I lived here I have used an edging tool. Previous owners didn't. Have also washed the Aynsley that lives in the window sill.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Tardis4
    Tardis4 Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had a quote from a new chap to clean the oven, it's a double oven, quote was £69 does that sound about right?
    I just paid £36 for a single, took about 1.5 hours so the WOWCHER deal someone mentioned looks good!
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 26 July 2017 at 2:58PM
    Options
    Afternoon all
    I've done all the ironing and cleared the mending pile and can't really do much else as I have no water and Guy is in various places as he's draining rads and bringing tanks down from attic and airing cupboard. We will have an impressive amount of extra storage so all towels bedding etc will finally have a proper home plus space for upstairs cleaning stuff. See I've filled it already and the tanks not even down the stairs! Guy is leaving the tank as apparently copper is worth quite a bit and dd1 has an account with local scrap metal place so she's going to cash that and all the pipework in.
    I've done some paperwork so am going to take afternoon off and do some sewing

Hugs to all who need them.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Natty68 wrote: »
    How was the theatre last night LW, did you have a nice time?
    Natty firstly (((HUGS))) hun for all the stress in yours and Dave's lives just now. I really hope the chemo drugs help him and don't have any horrid side effects.
    Thank you yes we thoroughly enjoyed Ruth Rendell's "A Judgement In Stone" - it was really gripping and very well done.

I am tired now - I did a major distance healing for poor Archie the Border Collie last night; he's had to cancel his stay with us as he's too poorly to be away from home, so his owners are staying home with him and his friend Daisy the Retriever instead of having their weekend away - Archie is epileptic and has been fitting badly on a daily basis. :(

Today we are completely off liste; but we have done lots.
    • 2lb cherry plums (I originally typed that as cheery plums :D ) picked from the tree in the alleyway en route to the park.
    • 1lb of said plums stoned and turned into plum crumble.
    • Other 1lb stoned and frozen to do another crumble later.
    • WUDUPA and general tidy of kitchen; surfaces all given a good clean.
    • Veggie sausages and potato cooked and put to cool for sausage salad for tonight's dins; Mr LW has grated some carrot to go with the salad. Also done meal plan for next few days (subject to change if weather dictates).
    • Mr LW has dusted the lounge. :A
    • Credit card bill paid online and savings accounts for both of us "renewed" - if we didn't do this they'd automatically be turned into "instant saver" instead of "everyday saver" at a fraction of the already low interest rate - Cheers H@lif@x!!:cool:
    • Gazillion online surveys cleared.
    • Mia's information sheet typed up ready for her visit on Friday (I keep their info displayed on the side of the fridge so that I can double check mealtimes, walkies times etc; when you've had over 60 different dogs to stay, it's impossible to keep all the info stored in your head).
    • Another MAD half hour (actually nearer an hour) on birthday cards - I now have all three of Mr LW's nephews' cards designed as well as his cousin's - they just need printing out. These were quite difficult as I have never met any of the recipients.
    Not terribly impressive when compared to what a lot of you achieve but it's better than nowt. :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »

Not terribly impressive when compared to what a lot of you achieve but it's better than nowt. :o

It sounds pretty impressive to me.

- went for a run
    -We went out to buy a garden storage thing to put outside the conservatory so the latter becomes a proper 'garden/living room' without visitors (or us) impaling themselves on a toolbox full of forks, secateurs etc.
    - Got home and Mr N assembled said storage while I zipped down to check the church flowers.
    - Checked in/out a whole load of post.
    - Mentally decided what clothes to take for visit to BIL as weather so uncertain. I have childhood memories of squelching round the New Forest show in wellies, so think we're taking sandals, walking shoes and wellies to hedge our bets. Shorts and long trousers. Thank goodness we're going in the car not the motor bike. Just need to throw it all in a bag now.

Before we go (7.45pm) I need to:
    pack
    check anything in greenhouse needing watering
    check all pots moved temporarily outside from conservatory will be ok for a couple more days outside
    fill bird feeders
    ideally, email some stuff to uni but not holding my breath over that one.
    have a last check round house before whizzing off to dance class and hoping that going to BIL afterwards means we miss the traffic on the M25/M3.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport