PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

No "T" words mentioned at all - the continuation thread

Options

Comments

• shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you are a bit better floss hope everything heals up soon
    MrsLW think you are going to have to go out with a duvet round you if you are going to keeping tripping up lol be careful both of you xx
  • scottishminnie
    Options
    Ouch Floss that sounds very painful. You will be stiff for a good bit I think.

Pollyanna - the cardigan never did recover and lose its vivid pink hue so I sent it off to Barnados - maybe someone who never saw it in its past cream life will love it like I once did.
    I've never owned any Brora clothing but I was in John Lewis last month and they are now stocking some of it. I was very taken with a grey shirt dress. I know some may have seen it as a bit dull and quite boring but I thought it was classic, non dating and very practical for less dressy times. I didn't buy it at the time but that's not to say I won't go back:p there was also a black skirt with lovely applique - very boho and again I thought the fabric was good quality. It may be worth a look at the JL website as it may be easier to order and return from them than direct if you know what I mean.

The hip is still niggling but largely self inflicted as a day in killer heels didn't help so I'm currently sitting with an ice pack wedged between me and the kitchen chair at a very awkward angle. If anyone saw me they really would wonder what this mad woman is up to:)

I didn't see the red sky today. It was still dark when I got to work and we have very few Windows so I didn't notice anything until I left about 5.30. I would say the sky was an odd lilac shade then and it's certainly windy now so hopefully it will die down soon and we can all get back to normal.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 17 October 2017 at 8:27AM
    Options
    Morning! Nice to be sleeping in my own bed again and I slept well last night. Have sore ribs this morning but not too bad so just bruising, that will teach me to stay upright won't it? He Who Knows has booked us a table at the vegan restaurant in the old water mill for lunch, always such a treat as the food is amazing and it's going to be nice to have a couple of weeks here without having to whizz off to do things elsewhere. The last commitment I have is in 2 weeks time when Nell and I have tickets to the ballet 'Romeo and Juliet' and He Who Knows will drive us and come into the city supper but not for the ballet.....He's a Bob Dylan/Johnny Cash man! While I was away this time he's painted the study, what a difference it makes and it is now pale walls and is a delightful light and airy room, funny how you learn to live with your surroundings to the point where you don't 'see' them any more. We will be contacting the estate agents for a valuation this week so I will have an idea of where we can in reality look for properties. Nell and I walked to see another one quite close to where her house is on Saturday and it was very much nicer in life than it looks on paper so I may, if we find we can afford it book a viewing when we're up there next week. It will to have replacement sash windows and is very brightly coloured inside which will need addressing but it looks a good solid build and has a walled garden, not as much have here but enough and also a garage and off road parking and is in a very pleasant road that is a cul-de-sac with a footpath from the end leading almost directly to the local allotments. It is also only a 10 minute walk to the station and the city centre but you'd never know it as it was so quiet and very green all round. We'll see.......
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you very much for the fast feedback on Borah SM . I know have a cunning plan . DD1 is regional manager for Yorkshire for her company and has inherited the tall and slim genes I did from my dad .
    Brora have opened a store in Harrogate and there are 3 JL stores I've visited in the past .
    The website is showing size 6 as 26in waist when 6 used to be 24in so she will be my trier on . She's done it before and will examine fabric waistband , seams and hems . Like me she always has a tape measure in her bag so will measure both waist and length . if all is ok she'll then put it on , no doubt cursing through her teeth and check the fit .
    Really we are a normal family it's just rather challenging to find clothes that fit with the differences in sizing .
    I hope the hip is improving . It was a shame about the cardie , I can picture the one you mean clearly as it's one I looked at in the past but was out of stock . Well you loved it and I'm sure a happy customer will love it too despite the pinkness . I love pink but like you I wouldn't be keen on keeping it after knowing the red and cream beauty of the original .
    Good news is mention of JL reminded me I still have a £100 JL gift card from my birthday in June .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Lyn I threatened to buy large amounts of bubble wrap earlier on another thread as many posters are falling over , I'll keep some for you if you don't mend your ways . Seriously I do hope the bruising and soreness heals quickly . HWK has very good taste . I'm a Dylan fan myself . It's certainly worth taking a wander to view a house and find it's better than shown . it sounds perfect for you both especially with the allotment nearby . You'd be able to stroll round to feed Pushkin if Nell is away
    All the decorating here is very pale whites and it adds so much light and a feeling of space . I mix in different cushions , vases etc according to seasons and mood . it does mean I have a big cushion stash but worth it to change the look for no further cost .
    So much talk of moving house on the threads at the moment , I'm starting to wonder whether to bite the bullet myself . Not this year but perhaps next .

How are you now Floss ? I'm beginning to think producing OS Arnica ointment could be a good idea .

Hope you're ok fuds . I'll keep you in mind tomorrow x

pollyx

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,373 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Polly some OS arnica would be good, the bruise on my knicker line is now almost black while my knee is stripey black & purple :o

Am much more mobile as long as I remember to be moderate in movement and lead with my right foot so my back doesn't sting & twinge...hopefully I will learn!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks POLLY, bubble wrap might be a VERY good idea! had a lovely walk this evening along the coastal path with Maisie and mum and then across the Admirals Field and back up the path to the church without mishap and have had Maisie here until 9.15 which has been as always very nice indeed. No real plans for tomorrow other than to keep beavering away at sorting through things and making discards to the charity shops, onwards and upwards eh? xxx.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    floss That sounds pretty nasty and painful , get some arnica love and smother it on. I believe some of us never learn , i can rush headlong into something and at some point realise it wasn't a good idea but it's already too late .
    That sounds like an enjoyable walk Lyn well done for avoiding any mishap . I'll hold on to some of the virtual bubble wrap should you forget to tread carefully again .
    Time for bed said Zebedee :)
    Night all
    polly x

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thinking of you today fuddle x

Floss and Lyn I hope your bruises are easing, you poor ladies! I find arnica cream a great help, and also the tiny arnica tablets that dissolve on your tongue.

pollyanna I want to say thank you for all your lovely posts. You are always so kind and supportive despite your own problems :A
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Thanks ivyleaf I've actually had a controlled minor rant at another OS thread earlier which isn't typical of me . On a couple of occasions I've reigned someone in quietly but something that belongs elsewhere on the forums has got under my skin .
    Never mind better out than in :D

Hoping the poorlies are improving and all is going ok today for fuds .
    When the hospital stuff is sorted and you've eaten and settled down light a candle near the lovely picture of your Mam and Dad you brought home with you and remember the good days . The bad can't be changed but the good will remain for as long as you wish x
    polly

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family