PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No "T" words mentioned at all - the continuation thread

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You are all such very lovely, caring and kind folks, it's so nice to meet with caring and kindness these days, thank you so much. My bruises are lovely colours but I heal very quickly so they're fading already, my worse 'sore spot' is my bottom right rib which I landed on twice in succession so I've given it quite a 'clonk'. Like most things it's more noticeable when I'm getting tired at the end of the day so I'm taking pain killers when I need them in the evening. The rest is more the pain of foolishness in actually doing it twice, once is bad enough but twice????? downright careless!

House sorting goes on apace, we managed to give away a kingsized bed and mattress on freecycle last night and took umpteen boxes of assorted bric-a-brac and books to a couple of charity shops this morning. I've contacted an antique furniture seller to see if they'd like our 'Old Charm' pieces and if not they'll be offered to the British Heart Foundation because they'll collect. Gradually reducing what we have and I'm determined to only move what we will use when we go and not all those things that 'might come in useful' that we've held on to. Another house to see next week when we go up to Nell and a valuation on this one to arrange before them, exciting times (as well as frustration and vexation too) ahead and hopefully a new home and more contact with the family.....watch this space xxx.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Ribs can be so painful and take time to heal Lyn . Foolishness is something we all suffer from now and then . It's often more not concentrating than being foolish . You always are sensible and steady so a blip or two is just one of those things . Meanwhile rest is good , you've been very busy and it wont hurt to put the foot up when you can .
    I think kindness is around but not as much as it should be . It costs nothing and luckily here is a natural response . I've recently seen books teaching the art of kindness :eek: Now that made my mind boggle . Who would have imagined a guide to something that should already exist along with empathy and understanding . Sometimes i think I've seen too much and lived through a changing world but then again it is what it is and we plod on , bubble wrapped or not .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    I think we're all born with kindness in our natures but when rotten things happen to little ones I think they become so disaffected with life that misery and bitterness takes over their personalities. To my mind it's more about mental health help and guidance than a ruddy publication teaching the art. Someone is always trying to flog something huh?!

I won't put a brave face on today. It's been a tough one but it all changed this afternoon. I met with the nurse. She had spoken to the cardiac team about me. She's had the code taken off my notes that says heart failure. They think that the echo that has sparked all of this (which was done at the very first pneumonia episode) indicates that my heart was weak because I had 6cm depth of fluid in my lung at the time. They think that the fluid that is showing up now is residual fluid from that time and not a new accumulation suggesting heart failure. I'm to have another echo in a few weeks time to get a clear picture but she was clear to say that what was flagged up last year was minor considering the dire situation my lung was in and it's that that we should focus on. I'm hopeful. She has no reason to believe that I need treatment although my heart rate is up (I've been in a state for days) my blood pressure is normal, as always. I'm taking it as the best possible news and using it to try to calm down.

I met with my sister for breakfast this morning. It was nice and she's doing well. I haven't been able to look at the photo Polly but I will light a candle once the children people are in their beds band I have time to reflect.

Lyn Lidl gave me some ground coffee from Guatemala - spiced with a hint of blackberry. I'll cheers at about 10am tomorrow. :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh Goody!!! good news indeed petal, glad you're feeling less 'up in the air' now and wish you a MUCH better nights rest than I'm certain you've had of late. I'm glad you found some coffee too, I'll make my own little plunger at 10 tomorrow and raise a toast to recovery, being level again and your Ma, she'll like the candle and being remembered. Take a few days to get your balance back and take care of your little self girlie, well done on getting through this latest ordeal whole! xxx.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm relieved to read your news Fuds I've been thinking of you today . It sounds pretty good now and the wake up call wasn't a waste as you've looked at things and made decisions . The photo isn't important , my candle will remain lit this evening so we'll both be sending a little light into the world . It will have helped to spend time with your sister . After a long day sleep may come and tomorrow you pick up and carry on with a more peaceful and hopeful not so dodgy heart .
    polly xxxx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Fuddle that sounds more positive and more workable-with...you WILL be out on that plot next Spring!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Very encouraging news indeed, Fuddle, but I bet, with all the conflicting diagnoses you have been given in recent months, you are in a right state trying to make sense of things. That, plus this very significant anniversary, means that your head is in the shed at the moment (a quirky little saying from this part of the country, I believe).

One thing is certain - you are absolutely right to focus on your diet and that of your family, for it is the food we eat that governs our health and wellbeing all our lives. Says she who wolfed a portion of apple and mincemeat crumble and custard at teatime. (Well, I had to use up the last of last year's mincemeat before making this year's batch. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.)
    One life - your life - live it!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    There is a little tea rooms near the Cathedral where DD1 sings, we go there for lunch on the Saturday of the performance just before she has to go to the rehearsal, at Christmas they have on their menu a crumble that is made with apple, mincemeat, whole almonds and BRANDY which served with the custard they make is totally ambrosial and the best of the best. We have been known to have it rather than Christmas Pudding on Christmas Day, we will certainly be having it on Boxing Day this year.....hungry just thinking of it!!!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sending gentle thoughts to dear Fuddle and hope that you had a restful night, my heart goes out to you lovey, it really does x
    Hope that you are feeling a tad less sore today Lyn, the clearing out sounds very cathartic and all will be ready when the universe sends you your new home.

Apart from a mishap with a broken washing machine yesterday all is well in our world, Capt S has ordered a part that might fix the problem but if not it's not economically viable to pay for it to be mended, have had it 11 years so owes me nothing.
    Lulu has her second round of injections yesterday, she hardly flinched this time when the needle went in so much better, that's it now for 6 months apart from routine visits from the farrier but I might organise a horsey massage for her. My friend is a qualified practitioner and used to treat darling Bill, he loved it and regularly used to drop off to sleep so think my girlie would benefit.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    You are all dear, dear people. I had 9 hours sleep last night and awoke with a resting heart rate of 72 and note it was 66 at it's lowest point while sleeping. I have taken comfort from that but definitely not complacent. I will lose at least 3 stone and I will do it via exercise and low fat and low salt. Lyn you did it!

I'm now taking multivatins and probiotics as well as having kefir water on the go. My tipples through the day involve ginger, cloves, honey, bay leaf (my hospital neighbour suggested that one) and lemon. It's now operation calm and immunity building. The strain of worry this past week will have had me very low.

Jacket potato, tuna and side salad for our tea. No one is complaining, they didn't even notice that I didnt salt their HM oven chips last night.

Dreadfully wet here and I'm happy to be drawing the curtains to the world and relax in my cosy home. How lucky are we to be able to have that eh? x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure