PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• balabooberlies
    Options
    VJ

had same thoughts as you. Thought it was my unsophisticated palate at fault !

tee-hee
    AKA : Bala La Boo & Bala Baloo

According to a lovely poster I am Bala the Brave who wrestled a Tiger.  You know who you are..... 

I HAVE A GOLD STAR and A MEDAL and a Title !
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 24 January 2020 at 6:23PM
    Options
    Jazee wrote: »
    The foam sweets. I'm eating all the evidence that I bought them before DH returns from a trip away.
    Looks I has only bin down south for the down and what! Foamed items has bin aten inn the parish! OMG! Foam is awful. Does yous eat the foam in the washing up bowl? Next wills be talking of the foamed coffees again. No No No No No No No No No No No!

Proper foods only please! Last nite BoP had his cocoa! The proper red tin stuff, Bourneville. two spoonful's, whipped into cold milk, topped in the small cocoa mug! No sugar!

Next we'lls be hearing from those that add sugar to porage!

Dear me!

Special Jenny Blast for D4V

:heartpuls:heartpuls:heartpuls:heartpuls:heartpuls:heartpuls:heartpuls:heartpuls:heartpuls
    :heartpuls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now onto the version of BoP's Life for you lot!

Just bin down south at potential south diamond mine. Mmmm. More later Shhhhhhhhhhhhh Please. Had mes tie on as well!

Offs out to get some wobbleades inn for the nite and a film! Did watch Spy Cat other nite, it was good. Now searching for another flix! Food will be easy pick mini kebabs. Cheese, cherry tom, pineapple and snorker on a cocktail stick! Nice tasty, and not foam!

Just court up with the cricket! Hmmmm! Thinks!

Rite that is yours lots for the weaks BoP bites!

Where I am coming from, is look after all of us!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello. Hope you’ve had a good day.

A day of in and out and in and out but back in!

Quick doggy walk.

Had to drive to work to pick up DD2 car to get some more work done (sigh) it’s the first time I’ve driven a Mini!

Then had the dentist. And by leaving the car at garage I didn’t have to pay for parking.

Paid a cheque into bank.

Bought some eucalyptus at florist and paid my deposit for a floral workshop.

Picked up 2 x twin pack of baby leggings for a friend who’s just had twins. 85p for each pack of two! In M&S sale.

Picked up car and back to work to swap cars. Met a friend and had a very lovely chat with them.

Home! Hello doggy. Let’s snuggle.

But just for a little while. As I had to go round to the mothers and we had an appointment.

Home. Hello doggy .

Then friend called. Long chat .

Fire on. Pizza delivered.

And relax!

DFV huge hugs to you all xxx
  • Shropshirelass
    Options
    Lurgy threatening here, but in spite of it:

A good night's sleep last night.

Got end of month credit card account sorted, we use one m&s card account, in hope of getting vouchers though they are really stingy. Anyway every month I calculate out how much is owed by each of us and by the joint 'housekeeping' account. Today for once my calculation balanced to the penny!

Our new bathroom scales arrived, mechanical so no batteries needed, and with a dial showing stone/lbs and kilograms at the same time, just what I wanted. The old scales have given up the ghost after about 15 years and many batteries. This one should last us out it has a 15 year guarantee, by then I'll be too old to worry about my weight.

Barley soup for lunch which had gone really thick and gloopy - delicious

Going to have an early night with the Lurgy excuse.
  • balabooberlies
    Options
    So Tiggy at Eye vets. Ulcer is healing but could have been cyst in pupil that migrated/burst. The more I hear the more steam my ears keep producing. Have to carry on with eye drops and painkillers. She is forming a cataract but 'we' are less worried about that at the moment. I want to kick someone...........you can guess who...........

Got some good RTC so am very happy with that, including a posh chicken parfait and some beautiful bread.

Walked Tiggy twice today so hip was behaving......until the long drive to the vets. Sigh.........

Spoke to both my brother and my sister. Always good.

Feeling slightly relieved for lots of things........... which is always good. Worrying keeps me awake at night even when I am begging for sleep. Think I will sleep well tonight.

Hope it's the same for one and all ............ especially D4V.

Sweet Dreams

Bala

X
    AKA : Bala La Boo & Bala Baloo

According to a lovely poster I am Bala the Brave who wrestled a Tiger.  You know who you are..... 

I HAVE A GOLD STAR and A MEDAL and a Title !
  • PaulieHerts
    Options
    Hello all

DFV I hope you and your family managed to share some special memories today

For the last 2 days:

Crown fitting dentist appointment was ok
    Builder made a little progress and left me with a working oven
    Homemade lentil and bacon soup
    Quiet day today trying to fight off the lurgy helped by no builder being here today
    In bed with clean bedding and a hot pad for aching back

My dad would have been 99 today (he died 11 years ago)

Sweet dreams everyone
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    1 I woke at 4am, nothing unusual here I always wake up between 4 and 4.30, but this is the type of waking where your mind is saying you must wake up the phone is ringing, but nothing was.

2 I went to aldeee for 2 things, and failed, 2 bags full later we left, and mainly named brand healthy things on offer and to try, and well a pair of half price slipper socks of course.

3 Birds, a woodpecker a lot of things happy to be fed.

4 Crab hash and salad with sweet chilli was tea.

5 The house is clean, again, clean bedding for us and just had a lovely soak.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Friday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Hens OK.

3) Had a bit of a tidy up.

4) Went to see how the work is going in my sister's new kitchen.

5) Went to Sainsburys.

6) Emailed the local parish councillors (of which there are legion - who knew!), district councillors and the county councillor about the proposed building opposite my house. No replies yet. Also emailed Highways about our Right of Way being built over. Saw neighbour and she has already written. Bumped into other neighbour and he is going to write too.

7) Chips for tea.

8) Picked up bigger son from Ludlow where he had gone on an evening out with people from work. Got back just after 1am due to the fog. He is leaving for France on Monday, back late November!

Hope everything went as OK as possible today, DfV.
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    (((DFV and family))) :heart2:

Bx
  • Suffolksue
    Suffolksue Posts: 1,400 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    dfV Thinking of you today.

Friththats a long time away for DS ,will you be able to go and see him?

Will try for pleasures later
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure