PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    for the last 3 days
    1) mum's 80th on thursday - 13 of us for a birthday lunch at a local hostelry. i had ordered a rather scrummy cake from Fisher & Donaldson which also does the most amazing fudge doughnuts
    2) yesterday after a rather tough day at work went with friends to a new vegan restaurant run by the daughter of one of my colleagues who also happens to be the granddaughter of one of my friends
    3) then called at my favourite pub on the off-chance i might see someone i knew (was feeling a little weird as xoh had posted picture of our wedding on fb) - ds's primary school bf was there celebrating his 25th with his family (including sam of corrie fame), friends i haven't seen this year, friends i haven't seen for ages, and some who i didn't know but now do :D
    4) garden centre this morning with mum - pots all now potted up
    5) Burns night celebration with ceilidh band and partners. We had a lovely meal (i randomly sat in the seat pre-selected as the addresser of the haggis. oh for flip's sake guys i'm a sassanach!) anyway haggis now addressed, stabbed and eaten with neeps, tatties and stovies, followed by trifle, crumble and Eton mess followed by music and much laughter.
    dfv i hope there was laughter amongst the tears yesterday as you celebrated your ds's life. was thinking of you and ss and mhags, indeed so many of you. what a journey our lives are!
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • balabooberlies
    Options
    Let me start you off with an early Bonne Anniversaire, bbb. In my little land, your birthday started over 10 hours ago, so I'm giving you a superstretch special 36-hour one:-) May it be lovely, all day long.

Thanks Amp............you have made it lovely already...........

Big Kiss

X
    AKA : Bala La Boo & Bala Baloo

According to a lovely poster I am Bala the Brave who wrestled a Tiger.  You know who you are..... 

I HAVE A GOLD STAR and A MEDAL and a Title !
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,172 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Saturday)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Pottered around the house and the hens were OK.

3) Went to Sainsbury's as bigger son needed new pants and socks for France. The pants have a chicken design, which is fitting, both for us and for France!

4) Made a big curry for tea.

5) Smaller son and I went to see Star Wars 9, which we enjoyed.

6) In bed with 1 hwb and will watch Casualty just now.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :bdaycake:Happy Birthday Balabooberlies
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • procrastinator
    Options
    Quick 5
    Out today
    lots of stairs climbed
    Saw my 1st opera
    curry
    games and chat
    WL 11 st 5lb as at 050109. 160209 11st 2lb
    11st 5lb as at 20.04.09 11st 7lbs 040509 11st6 010609 I wish 2016 175 lbs.
    Family of 3 at home - , DS 22, self and OH
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday BBB hope you have a good day x
    Thanks & have heard their ads on local radio and wondered....

For yesterday,

A decent night’s sleep, makes such a difference doesn’t it.

Saw equine girlie, warned her that next week is the last one of her winter break and work starts again at the beginning of Feb, she just ate another carrot.

Leftover tortilla for lunch.

Bit of work in the garden and filled up bird feeders, watched several crows hassling a buzzard.

A long hot bath that felt decadent in the middle of the afternoon.

A glass of wine and the last two episodes of Wisting :(
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,962 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Must get in to the Wisting - but there's sooooo much to be watching..

Happy birthday Balaboo

Pleasures for yesterday

1. OH could have but did not badly injure himself falling from height whilst hedgelaying. His head missed the track by inches and he's bruised but no worse. Passing out with his eyes open was a bit scary though
    2. The bit of hedgelaying we did was good and the weather was nice. Unlike today
    3. a walk by the sea later and he limbered up a bit
    4. DS was on good form
    5. Roast chicken dinner with friends. They bought delicious cheese with them - it was only a year out of date :p

Have a good day all - i'm going to get wet!!
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 January 2020 at 7:23AM
    Options
    Happy birthday BBB
    DofV thinking of you all

1. Met a friend for coffee at a local coffee shop with lovely views of the river. It is situated in an old manor house and it is also a residential drug rehabilitation centre.

2. A dry day and spent time in the garden. Most of it moving bricks but did some clearing of old plants and watching the chickens.

3. Cooked a jam for tea which tastes good with wedges. Plenty left for a ham pie.

4. Went to local village pantomime. It was a fun evening and saw people we hadn't seen in a while.

5. Walk home. It was dark but saved DS1 coming out. He was on standby in case it was raining.
  • supersaver1000
    Options
    Happy Birthday Bala have a good one!

My five yesterday:

We had a nice roast dinner last night, although I got rather hot cooking roasts and mash, and creamed swede/carrot and Brocolli/Cauli cheese. (plenty left over for today - apart from roasties - I tidied that dish up :o).

All the little ones and big ones in the house - its a nice feeling.

Went to see the new house - doors on and its looking good.

Watched Michael Portillo on a train journey around Alaska - the sea otters and the baby birds were soooo cute - much oohing and aaahing all round and OH is asking when we can go :eek: (when you've saved up methinks :rotfl:).

A reasonable nights sleep and kitty snuggled up for a bit.
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Happy birthday BBB!

We're booked in to the nicest village tea rooms for a Sunday lunch today.

Meeting a lovely lady at the bus depot yesterday and nattering to her all the way home.....think I may have a new friend.

When I got home late afternoon from my trip to the city HWK not only had the tea made but had lit the stove and the lounge was so beautifully warm.

Getting my train ticket early to go and help DD2 with the three boys while SIL is off abroad for a week for conferences and delivering papers etc. so I don't have to rush when I go on Tuesday.

Hopping on the bathroom scales and finding that the little bit of weight that has crept back on since we moved here IS only a little bit, thankfully, and making the decision to remove it before the weather warms up again so I can wear my summer clothes comfortably.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback