PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,774 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Birthday Bala
    :bdaycake:
  • Suffolksue
    Suffolksue Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    HappyBirthday BBB

DfV thinking of you ,take time now for you ,if you want to just sit then do so .

Pleasures
    1 Our community team ,on Monday I said it was getting v hard transferring DH from wheelchair to the Sarastedy ,on Thurs our physio came with a new OT and will be returning next week with I possibly a mechanical lift .
    I realise I am saving the country a lot of money (their phrase ) but I do get a lot of support.
    2 had a quick look in a sale and bought new storage containers ,keep looking at them ,isn’t it surprising how little things boost us
    3 not raining today and looks warmer
    4 Test match going well
    5 Norwich won so happy DH
  • balabooberlies
    Options
    Aw shucks.....

(turns a little pink)

Birthday wishes, cakes and an extra 12 hours.........you make a girl blush with pleasure.....

Will pop in later

Thank you oodles..........

X
    AKA : Bala La Boo & Bala Baloo

According to a lovely poster I am Bala the Brave who wrestled a Tiger.  You know who you are..... 

I HAVE A GOLD STAR and A MEDAL and a Title !
  • Bin doing proper foods the weakened! Smoked haddock kedgeree and chicken tikka. All home made!

Chicken Tikka.
    Natural Yogurt!
    Add termites, turmeric!, garlic, ginger, chilli, coriander and Tom puree. Mix well and add juiced from lemon. Add chunked chicken breast, our other chicken fillets! Mature inn dish on side for a while!

You can fry inn the griddle pan or skier inn the oven, with peppers and onion. Cook on Pandora or 180C for twenty to twenty five minutes. Serve with wobbleades.

Smoked Haddock kedgeree.
    Two Grimsby smoked haddock fillets. Preferably not Icelandic. Chunked.
    Finely chopped onions, put in hot pan with butter. Fry up. Add haddock. Termites, chilli and coriander.
    Add mixture of peas, peppers, or other bitsers from the refrigerator.
    Whisk up large egg. When cooked, stir inn with chopped toms! Serves too! Serve with whatever.

These recipes are not available from jimmy the Cook!

Now on other things in your version of the life of BoP

Watched the cricket. Mmmm. Weres bowled out in less than a day. Not good enuff.

Got some decent tarts in, jam tarts. With cocoa at nite they be exceptionally good!

PM2DD Oh bother! The magic is too come!

:heartpuls to the needy.

That is it for the day.

Grate is the pan on the fire!
  • Suffolksue
    Suffolksue Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Root should have declared at 400 ahead and had a bowl at them today BoP.

No rice or hard boiled eggs in the kedgeree?
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello.
    It’s just got rather chilly...I may have to attempt a fire as the fire boy is out !

Another night of sleeping! What on earth is happening. Three in a row.

Up early with dog then we went back to bed. He snoozed. I perused the internet.

Then it was up and at ‘em. But got slightly overwhelmed with an attack of the griefs whilst I was playing Australian music. Much were bands that OH liked and it was all a bit too much.

DD2 and Doggy came and gave me cuddles.

Enjoyed my lamington cupcake.

Then it was time to wander round to the mothers. Was well wrapped up as it was so cold.

It’s like teeny tiny baby steps of tidying round there. Hoovered. Washed floors. Recycled. Cleaned bathroom. Tidied top landing, washed the window and window sill. Pruned a bit more but it was far too chilly. Planned out the week ahead ( small sigh)

Walk home and grabbed a dog and his lead and we went a walk then had some soup for a late lunch.

Read library book then we may have had a snoozette. He’s still snoozing.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Happy birthday balabooberlies!

Pleasures galore this weekend with a houseful of visitors. Son, plus stepson with his wife and two children.

Laughter and conversation.

Seeing them all say hello to the new kitten.

Having them take the dog for long walks.

Friends round yesterday afternoon for coffee so even more of a houseful.

Food galore, all menu planned, prepared and served on the best china by my own fair hands.

Watching TV together, The Goes Wrong Show, Queer Eye and the film Love Actually. That was last night, this afternoon we watched the first episode of Derry Girls together before they left to go home.

Plans for summer events - a night at the opera (Aida) when I next visit them and maybe a performance with Rock Choir at the Edinburgh Fringe in August.

Plans made and ideas shared for redecorating my living room.

Son still here, he goes back to Londinium tomorrow.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • SS. Rice, pasta are bad carbs and should be avoided!

The bowlers need a rest! They did not get too much!
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    Happy Birthday Bala:bdaycake::bdaycake:
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,172 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Sunday)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Made a cooked breakfast including hash browns.

3) Hens OK.

4) Took bigger son back to Craven Arms job for the last time. He is off to France tomorrow until December. Did our usual formal goodbye then I drove off feeling a bit strange. Then we were reunited swiftly as the electronic gate had shut and he had to cycle down and put the code in for me!

5) Stopped at Berrington Hall (NT) for my usual pot of Earl Grey in the tea rooms. Realised, after visiting for over a decade, that the elaborate lamppost thing in the middle of the courtyard is over a well!

6) Back home and watched Shrewsbury v Liverpool, which was very exciting.

7) Have done very little this evening and am in bed with 1hwb now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback