PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Art'noon

Glad things have settled again, sue

Well done Frith

Pleasures for the weekend

1. symphony orchestra on Friday night - preceded by a street food meal in an indian brewery
    2. Getting to grips with my chapter and my marking
    3. Went to London yesterday for niece's 18th birthday. Was nice to see the in-laws without the MiL which is wicked, I know
    4. Went on the Ferris wheel at winter wonderland, not very MSE but rather lovely
    5. Watched the first four episodes of this season of the crown - Aberfan was :( but so well done. Also had Gin :T
    6. Watched His Dark Materials - superb

Have a good evening all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,261 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello.

Busy kind of day off (no 4)
    Up early.

Went to visit niece and baby. Very wet drive down and could hardly see the sea! Walked round to see their new flat. Then a mooch round charity shops. The other week my new to me curtains payment never went through bank so I felt a tad guilty so popped in today and made a donation in the tin! Guilt absolved. Bought a Hugh FW cook book.

Home...even rainier. Hello doggy very quick walk. Then made some brownies and scones.

Had to wait for a delivery of curtain poles. Just ordered them this morning. Just waiting (and waiting) on son putting them up for me.

Boss had sent me a text asking me to pop in for a chat (slight heart sink but all okay!) popped down and came away with loads of salads and baked potatoes!

Hoping to use up freezer /cupboards this week. Made a ricey/veggie/ gammon thingy! Very tasty and with lots of salad.

Niecelys popped in ever so quickly to get stair gate as baby is on the move! Gave them some baked potatoes.

Had to think on my feet! I have a spare elf on the shelf that’s going to work. GN clocked it on the stairs on top of the tub the salad had came in. So said he came back from work in DD2 bag and gave me such a fright when I opened the salad. Cheeky thing. And he’s going back.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Monday).

1) Good to get up after a terrible sleep.

2) Worked as an invigilator 10-3. Nice to see old colleagues again but a lot of teachers have left so a lot of new faces.

3) Popped to Narraways butchers after work for pies (of rugby player fame).

4) Pies for tea!

5) Did some crochet.

6) Watched I'm a Celebrity.

Tired this evening.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    his dark materials on my to watch list vjsmum loved the books
    1) wanted to order a book x 3 for xmas pressies. was going to use independent seller but they only do paypal (which i don't) so had to go to Mr A and had totally forgotten i had a half-used gift voucher which they used to pay my bill
    2) found 20p on the way home
    3) update from conveyancer - should be done next week. ex happy with that
    4) have decided to go to Alabama next March to see Mr Piano. flights look doable (though any tips gratefully received)
    5) cooked up some sad eating apples with sultanas and had with lo cream - yummy
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,568 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 November 2019 at 6:47PM
    Options
    Might post today, 1st time in ages, after over 4100 miles and much, much, much eventful allsorts and otherlies. First hop was 46 hrs to Spain, heavy-laden+ditto trailer.
    #
    Starting with warmest welcomes to our new posters, all waved to during catch up read..����
    Great to see birthdays, shared fests, work progressions on many fronts, frith, vl, vjm, mrsm, dd, pk, lainey, bop+bopsie, mrs lw, mhags, m&m, mcc, nargle, epically posting dfv:-)...everyone.
    Suffolk Sue, have had you in my mind.
    #
    Asb situ frozen, police warning letter to toxics. No real effect. Just have to ignore, survive - something well honed by & via bits of rl, over years.
    #
    So, some odds and sods OSPS of no particular ranking:
    1. Back in club rugby family last Wednesday night, still en route back:-). Lovely welcomes and a nice 34-19 in the pouring rain, under floodlights. Catching up: 63-0, and 87-0!!!! results for our 1st XV. Weve been bear bottom of table, after successive season drops, so .....at last!
    2. Woodpecker darted across my windscreen.
    3. Meriva no.3 is def. 3rd one lucky.
    4. Cricket, bop:-)))
    5. Back with Church family, too. Lovely bring and share lunch (hadn't known), and our lovely Vicar, and Hellos and chats. Vicar's husband alongside during service, whispered various, +concert news.
    6. Off near frithland Thursday, to Cardiff with younger Alma rugbies, for Wales v Barbarians. Really looking forward to this. Special bonus: Nigel Owens, beloved of all the rugby famberley, has dispensation to ref. this one, malgrê full-blood Welshness:-)
    7. Hooray, haven't missed emporium ½-price price crackers offer, happens every year. Lots bought for various requesty reasons+peeps. Other uncrimbo crimbos scheduled for Spain and France in the coming months as crackers can't be posted.
    8. Decent auction result in absence. Bank account says Thankyou.
    9. Back to cs duty yesterday. Did our feet touch ground? Not so I noticed.
    10. ��Election involvement. However you vote or think, please ensure that you, family, friends are on the Electoral Register, closing at midnight.
    https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fichef.bbci.co.uk%2Fimages%2Fic%2F720x405%2Fp07snhjs.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk-politics-49595260&tbnid=DgAVuBpAhJOEaM&vet=1&docid=ISjVodqW9iDZPM&w=720&h=405&q=register%20to%20vote%20by%20midnight%20electoral%20roll%20vote&hl=en-GB&gl=uk&source=sh%2Fx%2Fim

Exercise and protect your democratic rights.
    My postal vote has already gone in.
    #
    All blessings.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,668 Forumite
    Options
    Monday pleasures,

Bit of a bleurgh Monday mood to start with so kept busy.

Out to feed store for girlie’s chaff, had completed loyalty card so fiver off. Picked up a net of carrots from roadside stall as well so she’s sorted for a while.

On to yard and lunged her in the pen, despite having a field of new grass in paddock she kept diving at small clumps in middle of pen, told her twice and she ignored me so third time I shouted NO, GET ON! Cue temper tantrum of squealing and bucking, made me giggle which apparently infuriated her more, such a diva :rotfl:

More roadside purchases, this time carrots and parsnips for us humans, 50p for a big bag, had some carrots for our tea and they were oh so sweet.

Uni Challenge and then caught up on His Dark Materials.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,668 Forumite
    Options
    First pleasure of Tuesday is the return of Ampersand good to see you!
  • balabooberlies
    Options
    Morning all

My 5 Gratitude's

1 - 4. People who love animals so much they spend 7 years training. VETS !

5........Don't all shout at once. Credit Cards.

Tiggy is off for an operation. It looks like an abscess. On her top gum but isn't behaving as one. No sensitivity and abscesses hurt, I know because I have had a few in my life. Also the antibiotics they prescribed 5 days ago have not made a jot of difference to the lump. You can still see the shape and size of it from the outside of her face. About the size of a hazelnut. Am worried because she has had a form of cancer.

As I am on a tiny income she would not have been able to have this op without my credit cards.

Have a good day everyone
    AKA : Bala La Boo & Bala Baloo

According to a lovely poster I am Bala the Brave who wrestled a Tiger.  You know who you are..... 

I HAVE A GOLD STAR and A MEDAL and a Title !
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,568 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 November 2019 at 2:33PM
    Options
    bbb - jumping in with a typically nomb post:

https://www.pdsa.org.uk/faqs/eligibility
    #
    A fortnight ago, I was in floody France, driving M, with Ninou bundled in blanket on her lap, to 'see you now' appt, some distance off, to nearest vet, still some way off down from the hills to La Crau.
    https://www.univet-veterinaire.com/clinique_veterinaire/clinique-univet-de-lalbatros/
    Within short time, infected ruptured uterus diagnosed [ecosound etc] confirmed and immediate surgery, another distance off - Cuers - still all &'s old stamping ground.. La Crau phoned ahead.
    Done.
    http://entredebonnespattes.net/
    Excellent. Survived. Collected following day, stitches due out today. I'll phone tonight to hear.
    Hope all goes well for your Tiggy.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Postal vote done. That sore ted now. BoP is on tour when it happens. I may not come back!

Done mes agony uncle bit this morn. BuckFake has exploded on them! Use rule of BoP and hence this. It is all bull and shine!

Now onto BoP bits.
    Watched Support your local gunfighter last nite. Good fun and wobbleade was consumed.

Now inn mes lunch box I has again three proper chocolate digestives and the usuals.

Bit short today! So that is it for Lunch Bites
    Stand in the sand and your feet will touch the waves!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure