PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• juliettet
    Options
    Orange Kit- Kat BOP? That is so wrong!
    Good to hear your extension VJ Mum.
    Hope Suffolk Sue is OK.
    My 5
    1. A really tough week at work tailing off. Have to attend a work thing tonight but with people I like so OK.
    2. Sisters C*******s gifts purchased and posted overseas.
    3. Nice healthy food all week. Forgot how much I like to cook.
    4. Manicure last night. Laughing so much that we forgot where we were.
    5. Cats are well. Inside much more as so cold out.
  • No did not get to the gym last evening, but wents this very morning instead. Still timed well to keeps mes beach ready looks! And groomed for work as well!

Nows on to todays exciting bits inn yous versions of the Life of BoP!

As BoP was inn the gym this morning, he has extra inn his Box of Lunch. Too snorkers! Got it? And the usual, two cheeses! And tree differing biscuits! A kitkat, a viscount mint and an orange club!
    Plenty to keeps me well fed and watered!

Had chicken grumps last evening, chicken with bitsers from the refrigerator, rite tasty. Snorkers and best back is out for brakefest tomorrow as well. Proper foods.

Was nipping into town about the flicks, but it seems that our flicks, will only put it on at 9 inn the evening. Its is a no no! Probably now on SunDae?

So flix at home today, maybe I wills gets me a Marilyn?

Raffles this morning had extra biscuits as he seemed to finish his food very quicklu.

That is about its for your Lunch Bites this weak.

Oh & is quiet, I ponders shes maybes still cheesed about the cricket?

Hang on a minute, I'll catch up!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy birthday, PK fab pressies and a fab idea for pressies

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Teaching went well; small class though as they all go to a nightclub on wednesdays...
    2. Good walks to and fro stations
    3. Picked up a cute silver butterfly necklace for niece's 18th birthday. At a reasonable price from a designer jewellery shop which will satisfy her mother's label snobbery. :cool:
    4. Got home and OH and I put the garden furniture away, while it was dry and before it started raining :T
    5. As i have (will get) my extra extension, we have booked a january break to Fuerteventura... We had no idea we'd plump for there when we started looking as we went years ago and were underwhelmed. however, the price and flight times were good and we've discovered lots of walking that we can do. As the extension is largely on the basis of my mental health being affected then a sunshine break is justified. Honest :p

Have a nice day all. I am tackling a pile of marking :(
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,227 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello. Have just ordered pizza and awaiting delivery. Still ever so slightly upside down but should be finished by tomorrow.

Up early after rubbish sleep was a relief to just get up.

Hello day off number 1/5 :)

Pottered about doing what I could. Hung washing out had a bit of a blow and nowhere near dry but not as wet as it was!

Friend popped in briefly.

Met a couple of people I know today whilst out walking and had lengthy chats which was nice.

Went to the Mothers. Cleaned kitchen ( it was not nice ) and hoovered and ironed. Sigh.

Home as it started to rain. And oh so cold.

Chat with niece on phone.

DD2 was working , drove there and back and we had our usual debrief!

Called my sister re her mother! Had a good moan!

Decided pizza was the way ahead! Used a 50% off code. And they’ve kindly just texted to say it’s on it’s way!

Have a lovely evening.

PP how’s Miss Bopsie doing?
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,173 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Friday)

1) A lie in!

2) Bigger son set the rat traps and fed the hens. He worked at the garage this morning then Halfords this afternoon.

3) Smaller son and I went to Sainsburys for a new microwave - old one blew up after 16 years.

4) Watched I'm a Celebrity.

5) Did a bit of crochet.

6) Will go to bed now to watch television with one hwb.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds good vjsmum
    Life being a bit strange at the moment. Lots of momentous stuff going on with official .end of marriage, supporting friend through awfulness beyond imagination, another with horrid diagnosis, and hearing another has had a stroke. Oh lore. So now for 5 os pleasures
    1) my job. It does offer some flexibility in hours and I recognise how lucky I am
    2) hm chilli for lunch. Yum
    3) super chat with colleague. She does reenergise me
    4) ceilidh for church friend after which we went for a drink. I bought the round, not to celebrate the end of my marriage, but rather to celebrate the beginning of the next chapter, with good friends who have supported me through thick and thin
    5) then called in at Mennies to catch up on news of friend who has had the stroke. Seems not as bad as first thought. And walked rather tipsy friend home then walked back. I do love to walk!
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • balabooberlies
    Options
    Hope you don't mind me joining in....

My eggs on toast...just devoured

My Tiggy curled up on sofa with me

Warm and dry roof over my head

Finding this thread

My family and friends
    AKA : Bala La Boo & Bala Baloo

According to a lovely poster I am Bala the Brave who wrestled a Tiger.  You know who you are..... 

I HAVE A GOLD STAR and A MEDAL and a Title !
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 November 2019 at 10:25AM
    Options
    Stumbles back in, ooof but how do I forget to post here? It's all tucked there on the phone, big wows & little chortles, just - ach, I'm here now.

Nargleblast - Rock Choir - oh have Wonderful times!
    mhagster - "decorating has commenced" this is a pleasure? To each their gout. Glad you have back massage even of the ouch ouch kind - imagine how spine would be feeling without it? Skiphopping?! Atta gal! Oh happy birthday DD1! Horrid very hot weather - ah yes, she's in Australia.
    Purple kitten - really good slippers should just make you smile (reassure me he can walk in them safely? Sorry just paranoid after son in his fun & very cosy slippers tripped on stairs.) "little heart problem ferret" is an example to all! Prepayment works, as a motivational nudge. Very happy belated birthday! Love hide & seek with Dolly & "Animals rolling about in all the wrapping"!
    Frith - the museum job - fingers crossed! Awed at the heroic cleaning. Election training good, museum exciting - Excellent!
    DundeeDoll - in a perverse way glad to hear someone else suffers comms glitches, but that you made the regretfully declined meeting & the chick pea curry. "Songs of my youth" - this technology thing can have it's perks! Dear heaven your diary seems stuffed and there are still postdoc chapter reviews? Somewhat bewildered mere graduate here."bit strange listening to cricket when it's dark and cold outside" yes, but fun!
    LaineyT - bless you, Yule cake - yes I must start thinking about that! Winter can be beautiful, Love "little contented sigh".Grey one plus fresh grass - no wonder aching arms but yes, solstice soon! The "oh so welcome first cup" has a very special magic.
    VJsmum - Belfast is a lovely place so t'is. Last there the day the Primark went up in smoke & my family vastly amused, rot them. Own bed blissful! Got a sick note & extension for PhD? This gets you away-from-tension or prolongs the agony?
    Cottage Economy - fog is amazing stuff, but I love the sound of your cat! It really isn't quite dressing gown weather at present but an electric blanket is a lovesome thing. Googled poaching envelopes & am mightily intrigued!
    BoP - No Cakes of Jaffa?! Yikes! Kitkat on offer - must have a looksee....
    peter12345678910 - ah, kraftwerk, the power station on pushbikes. As a techie, I think their kit is almost as much fun as their sound.

OS Pleasures recently (er weeks, again...)
    Bovril - genius idea! - must try to get that (& ?Vimto) sorted for Post Remembrance parade as we’re All So Cold & often wet unless wearing at least 3 layers neck to ankles. The church does tea but we have to march back for The Dismissal.

Having morning off before fetching laptop & working from home for rest of week (More fun if office building was a reliable alternative - alas not.)

Small girl child hauling her mother into the supermarket “we need food mummy, oooh bears!” Tempting strategic location working....

A primary school friend exhumed some old photos, forwarded them to my mum & my husband happily shared them with sons. “She looks like she’s going to murder someone!” Yes, dears. Be warned...

Glorious full moon - “Beaver Moon” seemingly. (The time of the Beaver Moon was the time for both the colonists and the Algonquin tribes to set beaver traps to ensure a supply of warm winter furs. This full moon is also known as the Frost Moon because it's about the time of the first frosts.) [Only three days out on the frosts aspect.]

Supermarket staff discussing the importance of being able to cook in the matchmaking game. (Seems there’s a beautifully house trained accountant whose dad would love to see him move back out again - were I not already married to a good cook, I could be tempted).

Son came over to print his cv - our computer is having a blonde moment so I took him back with our laser printer, paper & cables & am now awaiting news they’ve got it working with his PC... [It is! He now can print his cv for tomorrow’s interview.]

Boeing tested a space capsule landing & not all the parachutes deployed (although it landed fine) - loving the website that called it “parachute borkage” - glorious geek language!

Saw a bloke on the train who managed to look like the illegitimate but clearly fathered son of Ioan Gruffudd with a cross breed of El Greco and all after a rough night. Stunning bone structure & an unexpectedly sweet smile.

Someone undervalued their little silver charm with a Stanhope (lens with tiny picture) & I can now rotate it & read the Lord’s Prayer in neat detail.

Introduced to Noel Pemberton Billing, classic raving English Eccentric, who recovered an unpaid-for yacht from Monaco by inviting the crew over for cocktails, serving spiked pink gins & leaving the crew unconscious (but lined up tidily) along the jetty as he sailed the yacht back to Southampton & acclaim.

Saw a truly beautiful backgammon board at a shisha bar - seems standard Middle East entertainment - and managed not to say I have one almost as beautiful from a car boot!

Colleague planning an 80s Christmas - tape deck, 80s music, No Internet - I think he’s onto a winner!

Miword, Peter Duncan as an evil space alien in Space 1999! Not the blue peter presenter nor the chief scout I recall at all!

I see the dinosaur pattern is back “in” as acceptable wear for the young Male - and am happily remembering days when my hulking great teenagers were smaller, cuter & also covered in dinosaurs. (I shall overlook the seasonal monster, as he’s advertising.)

Email invited me to “Discover The Submariner” - somehow forgetting I’ve Already Bought One from them for Himself...

One militaria collector to another “really good but the copper rivet was an ar*e to fit. You’d be fine with it as you’re good at that sort of thing.”

I got to meet a chap who looks like an accountant & has Harwell & Aldermaston on his cv. Induction has moved slightly on from “yes, those SMGs Are loaded & yes, the lads Will shoot first & ask questions later” but as an opening attention grabber his trumped my scout warning “any injury is 58 pages of paperwork, a death is 2...”

Replacement computer cable arrived & hurrah big box back up & working!

“Doesn’t hurt to say thanks” - so true & yet yikes the number of times folk forget. (MustTryHarder.)

Made two litres of ginger cordial & water bottled them for Christmas, sorted labels on the computer then realised son has printer. Ah well! [Next day found vile sediment layer, so filtered & must revisit. I think the hitch came not using peppercorns.]

Seems Himself has eczema on one foot - local pharmacy sorted him a small bucket of unguent but he’s uncertain how much & how often to apply. The urblings as it’s applied are fun to hear.

There is a definite restful satisfaction in polishing sixpences for my mother’s Christmas puddings. The toothbreakers will glint if found amongst the rich fruited pudding.

Archiving my phone snaps onto Big Box - gives a cuddly warm (inaccurate) feeling the images are safe. (They are, sort of: like the google drives ones are, sort of.)

Huge relief the fire in student accommodation in Bolton has been put out & everyone accounted for. (It’s yards away from one of our tobacconists.) Lovely to see the community photos, the rescued hamster, but oh how did it get so far so fast?

Facebook flashback reminds me of the time my Matron of Honour took me wedding dress shopping & her expression when I finally recognised the curtaining behind which we were throwing white fabrics around. Identical track & fabric to that used in my local A&E. Reassuring, really.

Listening to Carlos Gardel Por una Cabeza, the song to tango to, and daydreaming I was at least 6 inches taller & leggy... Then the moonlight sonata, music my father played from memory & somehow the piano would sing - the YouTube performance I’m listening to is a worked example of digital recording as opposed to analogue.

Family diving into new War of the Worlds whereas I snarl the original lead was a truly appalling journalist, sat on stories, never tried to get the latest through to his editor, etc. For some reason, the chaps are perfectly willing to overlook professional incompetence in the hero.

Manchester has its moments - even in the cold. A young man with almost Robert Sean Leonard eyebrows, looking Perry-esque. Likely intelligent etc but why risk the illusion - just enjoy!

The sports segment contained a chunk on the Rubik’s cube challenge which I hadn’t realised rated as a sport.

Prompted to ask colleague how was he feeling this International Men’s Day - got a rueful grin. Why is such an honour applied to a Tuesday in November?

Darn I love working from home some days. Limited phone, email switched off, radio switched on, (heating switched off to keep me sharp, & exercised) & the data just flowing....

Attempted Croque Monsieur & ended up with Gruyere on toast, but never having tried it before, very tasty & somehow tres French.

Saw an advert for “half price crackers” & thought, as a character assassination went, it could be so much worse. (Waitrose crackers at that.)

That nectar point game paid off - I have more memory! And am backing up the juicier bits of Big Box pronto.

Building site Irish gate guard - "not a gambling man" but world cup series fixed by a bloke - who was adamant you couldn’t fix the weather! As we agree, bundled, & return to our duties, him in high vis, hard hat & collar & tie.

In new building, looked through plate glass at secretarial type & grinned - she grinned back! If you must work in a fishbowl, the public may be fun in return....

Figure gracefully sculling up the Irwell, pursued by coach in cheating outboard dinghy... the elegance & almost flat water of one, the noisy churn of the other!

Just read Alan Moore preparing to vote after 40 years & reckoning that if he, creator of dystopias for fun & profit, reckons it’s time to call a halt, I need to get my “Why vote at all” child reading Moore harder... youngling respects Moore - his mother not so much. [Absolutely no sale. Frith, what are the rules on hauling in a voter lightly sedated?]

Gleefully setting about a pile of spreadsheets with a digital hatchet. (Job satisfaction takes many forms.)

Not-Pleasure but Desperately English dilemma - whilst focused mid evacuation of the lower intestine, the cubicle next me shook with fierce tears. I still have no idea what the Right Thing to have Done might have been, but feel I let the occupant down somehow.

Scouts are making teddy bears & a lot of fluff. Much happy ruckus (“I need another ear!” etc & spectacle of Scout Leader struggling with rotary cutter as he's used to metal & "fabric wriggles!") One newly-joined Cub diligently plied dustpan & brush afterwards, to his little sister’s awe & our cheerful approval as his mother blinked. We heard him negotiate a cup of tea for every badge needing sewing (he’s clearly an achiever!)

Got the jar of Lidl lumpfish roe to cosset mum with - we both know it isn’t caviar but we both enjoy the rituals!

Oh gods. Not only do we have a knife drawer, we have a mallet wagon. Yep, we are that sort of family... We seem to have quite a few. Shrug. Each with their stories, many with both of us.

Health, strength love & courage to all as have need, along with waterproofs, HWBs & serenity as life gets dafter as December carries on.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,647 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome BBB
    Onwards DD

Friday pleasures,

Scrambled egg on toast for breakfast.

Necessary household chores completed with the added bonus of Northern Soul radio, it always helps to dance my way through the hoovering.

Over the yard and had long chat with a fellow owner, our visits don’t often coordinate and it was good to catch up. She has a lovely ex-racer who is my girlies favourite stablemate.

Home and very cold so kettle on and cuddles with small dog.

My love coming home after a rough week at work, candles lit, bottle opened and start of our weekend.
  • balabooberlies
    Options
    Thank you Lainey

Just a quick P.S.......

Loved reading all the posts re animals. Tickled smiley by the ferrets.....:)

So. Am eternally grateful for all the animals that have graced my life. Pure honour and a luxury.
    AKA : Bala La Boo & Bala Baloo

According to a lovely poster I am Bala the Brave who wrestled a Tiger.  You know who you are..... 

I HAVE A GOLD STAR and A MEDAL and a Title !
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback