PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 November 2019 at 2:21PM
    Options
    And I am not talking cats either, though the profanity filer would block the fussy words!

PM2DD Seems that there were a few choice words spoken at the Theatre of Fish. In words of the Queen, ‘Another one bites the dust!’ Hares are being clumped together over this.

There, now on with them BoP notes of the day.

Just clearing up a project at work, and time to get on to the software types. I has 73 Gig to put on the network. Seems if I do, that is the notwork screwed! No change there. No need to gets on to others today!

Just seen a BuckFace post about the Mess I was inn when I worked for R. A Force and Co Ltd. Now it is a Costa and a Subway! There is real change for you! No more field kitchen!

On abouts that, had the Burger yesterday for dinner. Nice change, far better than the fast food outlet. Topped with mature cheddar and onions. Raffles, the detector of decent foods, was wandering around the kitchens of the pad of BoP for his bits earlier after the emporium visit. He sniffed out the best back, snorkers and burgers.

Catching up withs the challenge of uni last night and watched the prog about the Met Opera. We has bin too the Lincoln Center, seen a ballet and the opera as well. Seems only days now until the Tour of Bop and the Ballet, Nutcracker inn Boston! Updates soon!

Also talking of the BoP Tour, we is off to Rockport as well, Gloucester. The oldest port on the eastern seabored. Seems every one thinks of Plymouth, but that was because of some boat called Mayflower!
    Inn the Lunch box today! Too cheese, usual toms, orange and strwbs, too proper digestives and a brakeaway! There, tasty!

That’s all for your BoP Lunch Bites today!

Now beat it!

PM2DD-2 It was better than a previous throwing of the plate of chicken sandwiches! Theres more too this!
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mindful of the tragedy in Toulouse, has anyone heard from ampersand?
    I probably worry needlessly but the extremes of weather make all travel more difficult.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Pleasures today -

Meeting other dogs and walkers in the park, lovely to see the animals enjoying themselves.

Singing at Rock Choir, not long now till the Christmas season performances.

Lunch of jacket potato, bacon, cheese and chives, simple food.

Washed down the front door, windows and inside the hall with a sage and mint wash, all looking brighter and tidier.

Steak and ale pie tonight with homemade rice pud for afters.

A relaxing evening ahead.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi dfv & was midway between Spain & France earlier today.

It’s cold. I’m sleepy.

House is literally upside down! Stuff everywhere. Decorating has commenced.

Took stuff to recycling centre. Went for petrol. Quick supermarket for dog food. Quick hello at work.

Lovely dog walk. It’s been a beautiful day in a minus four kind of way!

Popped to mothers. Hoovered.

Popped into friends. Chatted.

Niecelys came for tea in the upside down house.
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    1 Yesterdays leftovers was lunch and dinner, an odd dinner but still.
    2 Animal food cut up and portioned into the freezer.
    3 Freed up 2 shelves for a Christmas turkey and any rtcs.
    4 I keep smiling at DH’s slippers, they are massive polar bear heads, they do the job.
    5 DH is feeling the cold this year, I just remembered we have various fleece throws upstairs.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 November 2019 at 11:44PM
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Monday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Hens OK. Cleaned their sleeping quarters out, put very deep hay choppings in (glad, as it's below freezing now). Also chopped nettles down and tidied up in their pen generally.

3) Went into nearest town where there is just one small charity shop, middle of nowhere but somehow it often delivers. Two FatFace t shirts for bigger son - brand new, one white, one grey. A Nomads tunic top for me (new) - an expensive brand that I hardly ever find in the charity shops. Then a Mantaray grey top. All for £16!

4) Popped to the nursery/tea rooms on the way home and admired the sun beginning to set over the Clee Hills.

5) HM wedges and chicken nuggets for tea, plus peas.

6) Tidied sons' wardrobe out.

7) Collected bigger son from work.

8) All enjoyed watching I'm a Celebrity.

9) Will go to bed in a bit and listen to I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue.

10) Had emails today about sorting smaller son's education out and my potential museum job.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    coo it's a bit nippy! and much later than i meant. for today
    1) picked up my two bags from the shoe man - beautifully mended for £4 each (1 handbag, 1 overnight bag)
    2) training was cancelled or had moved and no-one told me. hmmm. but good news was just in time for bus back to ninewells campus for a very good meeting i had previously sent apologies for
    3) yummy lunch of hm prawn stir fry and noodles followed by 2 more great meetings
    4) walked home (very cold, very dark) i heard a tinkle. Bother, lost an earring. no sign. they were a pair of frogs which i would joke 'they're the 2 princes i kissed and they both turned into frogs'. makes me wonder if it is indeed time for me to move on from that joke
    5) made chick pea curry for tea then phoned ds. we don't talk much on the phone. had a great laugh for oops nearly 2 hours, hence much later than i meant. we've both got stinky colds but it didn't stop us having a great catch-up
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    Options
    Monday pleasures,

Cold but sunny day.

Shop to get some fresh bits plus final ingredients for Yule cake.

Over to the yard, all the horse had been moved to winter paddocks so she was reluctant to leave fresh grass but bribed with apple and then gave her a good groom, including tidying up her feathery legs.

Deep cleaned kitchen and oven.

Easy tea of baked pots with veggie sausages and beans.

Watched Uni Challenge, next round so questions even harder!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all...

Back from Belfast and so just caught up your pleasures - thank you.

Pleasures for the weekend

1. Two quick flights, painless flying but hassle at either end..
    2. Belfast is fab! Good people (so they are :D) good food, fabulous, interesting, sad places - hillsborough, transport museum, Belfast Titanic, Falls and Shanklin Roads, cathedral, bars, restaurants
    3. it didn't rain - though was a mite chilly at times
    4. Saw DS for lunch yesterday after arriving back in Liverpool.
    5. DD had a fab weekend with her cosplayers and did some serious (for her) driving, safely :T
    6. Night watching telly - cold call looks promising.. mainly.

Have a good day all...
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Cottage_Economy
    Options
    Morning everyone

Monday pleasures

1. Beautiful foggy morning. A real pea souper. Wonderfully eerie and atmospheric.

2. Make a very tasty fish pie for dinner out of a piece of yellow sticker haddock and two yellow sticker kippers.

3. Friend gave us an old Spike Milligan DVD and we had a little snigger over that in the evening.

4. Found one lonely eclair sweet in the side pocket of the car. Nom nom nom.

5. Took some great pictures of the new cat lying on the fish tank, paws stretched over the top gently stroking the glass as the fish went past. You could almost hear her whisper "Soon...."
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback