PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bedtime. First full day done...one to go :)

Blustery walk to work via boss’ for keys.

A kept going kind of day & excellent tips.

Home & extension decorating finished ! Hurrah! Looks fabulous. Shoogled around furniture, it’s now going to be a living room area. Not dining.

Niecelys very quick visit & took my shelving unit I no longer wanted.

We had takeaway for tea . Bit lazy but not much worktop space (lousy excuse)

On way home I’d noticed 2 things in a skip....so went back round under cover of dark and took them...I did knock on door but no one answered.

Brisk walk back with dog & DD2 it was Baltic!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1) after morning on city campus got lift back to Ninewells campus and just got back in time to lead workshop phew
    2) yummy lunch of the pasta Bol I would have had last night if I hadn’t left yesterday’s lunch in the fridge
    3) lift home with colleague slightly early yay so walked the dogs
    4) then 3 hours on a chapter review (you see vjsmum it carries on post doc lol)
    5) then rewarded myself with trip to the pub. Sorry to see Grimsby lost bop dr didn’twantcoffee was there. We had long fun chat - clearly friend in pub chap rather than anything more. All good. then went for lovely long walk on my own and now home with ma boys.
    First meeting isn’t till 10:30 phew and have finished that chapter
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,647 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wednesday pleasures,

Hot, buttered toast with HM bread.

Exercised the beautiful grey one, after a few days on new paddock she was a tad jolly and strong so arms hurt a tad but no real naughtiness.

The beech leaves are coming down thick and fast now, hope to bag some up for compost at the weekend.

Starting to tidy away some of the autumn decs now and bringing out more winter ones, the solstice is just a month away.

Enjoyed Old House, New Home.
  • Cottage. Yep, Cakes of Jaffa toooooday!

Here wes goes, Lunch Bites from BoP!

PM2DD Forget it. Lack Lustre. Carp. Sack the lot. Sack the bored. Get the songs sung! I could get kids to play better than that! Anymore? No I has not burnt my second top either!

Now on to your version of the Life of BoP. Chapter 7, verses 13-18 There, five pleasures that you thought I had!

Had cod last nite for tea, with fresh garden peas and prawns. Nice tasty that. Rite tasty and served with a nice kitkat as well. They weres on offer!

So you now knows what is inn the Lunch Box of BoP. Orange kitkat. Usual strwbs, toms and bits. Too cakes of Jaffa, two cheeses. Both smoked! Proper good for you!

I watched the mariners on the sky box channel from Wales last nite. Not a happy bunny was BoP. Gots a bit edgy I cans tells you, but BoPsie supplied some wobbleades to calm me down.

Now I is on the edge, it is not the ground floor window sill. I am higher up than that!

BoP will be inn the gym later keeping his beach readied looks. BoP Tour details soon.

He endeth todays Lunch Bites.
    When yesterday is over, it overtook today!
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    1 Sneaky for yesterday, DH took me out to enjoy a pre birthday meal as it was at a quiet time of the week and a quiet time of the day, we went to TGI Fridays and enjoyed Barnamint cocktails, a tower of starters, a delicious main, and a coconut dessert all very delicious.:beer:
    For today
    2 I’ve been spoiled for my birthday. On the side in the kitchen is a vast Chocolate cake:bdaycake:.
    3 People kept to my not full price all year long mantra, I was opening DH’s gifts, A lovely long t shirt that’s very me he was boasting was 33 percent off. I’ve been looking in CS’s all year for the best of Dolly Parton, and we tend to wander looking at the things each of us is interested in and he managed to snaffle it from one of them without me seeing and actually walked around hiding one from me in another shop as he’d already got it. They are just being moved up from CD onto the main drive now. Posh Hotel Chocolat reduced sugar chocs, and the most amazing ferret figurine I have seen. DB sent over a massive book which will jump tot the front of the pile after I finish the queenie book, he’s sent over “The seven deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle” apparently the best book I will read, sounds like a challenge.:T

4 Animals rolling about in all the wrapping.:rotfl:

5 We are popping out later to a town over for an all you can eat mixed buffet.:p:o
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,172 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for yesterday (Wednesday).

1) Last week of autism parenting group.

2) Hair cut and eyebrows done.

3) Dad of Frith's birthday so popped down there.

4) Election Day training.

5) Enjoyed I'm a Celebrity.

Pleasures for today (Thursday)

1) Hens OK.

2) Exciting morning at the museum finding out what I shall be doing for the next 6 months...

3) Picked bigger son up from work.

4) Want to clear the freezer a bit so we had salmon for tea with (what had been) frozen roast vegetables. Then thawed some bananas out and made date and banana cake.

5) Watched I'm a Celebrity.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy birthday pk lovely pressies
    1) good online meeting via zoom with phd student in sri lanka
    2) Gillies (home furnishing shop) with mum - carpet man coming round next tuesday, and we go back saturday to finalise curtains
    3) lunch of toasted brie and cranberry yum
    4) bit warmer, walked dogs without coat, started to rain oops. so on return divested of wet clothes and under the duvet
    5) listening to the cricket. bit strange listening to cricket when it's dark and cold outside
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wide awake!

Work is done! Decent tips. In the jar.

Had to go via mothers on way home. Retuning in morning to attempt a kitchen declutter. ‘It’s fine’ it’s really not.

Steak pie for tea. With veg.

Hurrah to more decorating! New colour feature wall in dining area. Which now has a table ( old one from garage seems tiny)

Chat to friend.

Nice messages from friends.

DD1 birthday video from the beach. Horrid weather there. Of the very hot variety.

Finally bed but managed 2 hours sleep before being wide awake.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,647 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Belated happy birthday PK sounds like you had a fab day x

Thursday pleasures,

Bit of a rough night’s sleep so the oh so welcome first cup of coffee.

Sorted a pile of books in the spare room and took them to horsey town for rehoming.

Visited our local Aladdin’s cave and found not only my cake tin but a good quality small baking tray, fed up with ones that bend after a couple of uses.

Tackling mount ironmore but got distracted by the number of birds using the standing water in the fields to have a bath, including a number of fieldfares, first this winter.

Leek and Mushroom Gruyere pie for tea, very tasty and will be done again.

Watched and enjoyed the Secret Life of the Zoo.
  • Cottage_Economy
    Options
    Happy birthday for yesterday Purple Kitten _party_

Pleasures for Wednesday

Watched the chickens get happily stuck in to a huge pile of well-rotted bark chippings

Poached eggs on toast for breakfast :dance:

Nice Skype chat with a work friend

Cleared my work inbox!! Still clear this morning :dance:

Finished my book and it had a very satisfactory ending
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills