PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Double boost time. :heartpuls :heartpuls 4Susan!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hello hello. car is fixed (for free, checked by senior mechanic, too right too, dd2 who drives it most is satisfied it is now ok, she wasn't last time)
    back from Singapore (work so hard work but work paid so think that counts as mse) will catch up on all your lovely posts tomorrow, but here are my 5 for today
    1) lost a glove (cheap black pair). mentioned to lady on reception at uni - she had had a couple of pairs handed in a while back so gave me a pair :D
    2) coffee man gave me an extra stamp on my card
    3) student viva today eeeeeek. all went well, minor corrections, yay. examiners hadn't eaten much lunch so i got a free lunch too
    4) 4pm (well it is POETS) we went to the phoenix to congratulate the soon to be Dr. caught up with other friends i haven't seen since before christmas
    5) caught bus back (only £1.20, must remember to catch the 39B more often!). who should join me in the queue but other friends i haven't seen this year. a good day :D
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • plumduff55
    Options
    Hi, my five for today are;

1) Got all washing from yesterday ironed and put away.

2) Cleaned and organised the cupboard with all the baking tins. Pondered over getting rid of a couple that I rarely use but remembered my grans favourite saying "it's not eating a piece" so I just put them all back in the cupboard.

3) Lunch was a ys black pudding butty again - really yummy.

4) Went a walk after lunch. It was freezing which made me walk a bit faster then a deer ran across my path about 15 feet away. I stopped and watched it and it stopped about 50 feet away and watched me. Amazing moment.

5) Had lovely salmon with hollandaise sauce at mums for dinner. The only fish I cook are cod steaks, fish fingers or smoked mackerel so it's great having proper fish.

Just going to bed to read for a bit xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A good day.

1. Cleaned cupboard under the sink. Did throw a couple of things - really old fabric conditioner which I never use as D'S allergic to it. Pleasure is there is space in there now and a few things I don't need to buy for a while as I have a few replacements of things.

2. Lovely walk to post office. Spoke to a couple of people. Went to buy panto tickets for next week. Its for the village production.

3. Spent time tidying the garden. Had a chat with my neighbour. It was cold but I picked a time with the sun out.

4. Couple of emails with my oarents.

5. Watching rugby and we won. It made watching the match being streamed worthwhile as our download speed isn't great.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,672 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Friday pleasures,

Cracked on with cleaning the house and all done.

Postlady had brought a book delivery.

Physio appointment for my knee, he was pleased with my progress and signed me off :j

Embraced my inner Jo March and lay on the sofa reading all afternoon, lazy for me but lovely too.

Caught up with this week’s Only Connect then enjoyed the last in the series of Delicious.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A day quite lazy though nothing in particular was needing done so I may have watched the new series of Grace and Frankie on Netflix.

We have just had some Indian food takeaway for tea which was very yummy and the bill was split three ways instead of the bank of mum paying!

It's been chilly but stayed dry. Very quick doggy walk first thing by me then boyo has done the rest.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening

DD did you go to the gardens by the bay? Love it there. Is raffles still closed? Don't mention vivas I'm SCARED

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Yoga, saw my friend there which was unexpected
    2. Did a bunch of chores - post office, aldi, butchers
    3. Lunch with friends
    4. Watched a bit of an old Dr who with DS
    5. Out for dinner with friends. Had amazing fish

And today

1. Caught up with last weeks call the midwife. Only cried three times
    2. OH cooked beg for brunch
    3. Walked to supermarket in the drizzle - yes, this is a pleasure
    4. Started my next batch of marking
    5. Anticipated, OH cooking steak for tea

Have a lovely evening all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • plumduff55
    Options
    Here's my five for today;

1) Woke at 6 and made a cuppa and toast and butter. Went back to bed and didn't get up till 9.30. I read my book, surfed the www and dosed. Very lazy start to the day.

2) Spent all morning and part of the afternoon decluttering. Big kitchen corner cupboard with pans, slow cooker, rice cooker, Tupperware boxes and plastic bags all now sorted and tidy. Didn't get rid of anything but it's now all organised. Admin paperwork all culled as well. Very therapeutic.

3) There were lots of tomatoes from Christmas in the fridge starting to get a bit yucky so used them to make a tomato sauce and had some with dinner tonight.

4) Watched tv and knitted this afternoon. Getting on really well with the baby set.

5) Enjoying watching The Voice now.

Have a nice evening xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    1 Bird feeders re stocked, noticed hungry fox in the garden and 3 rather than 4 squirrels!
    2 Deep cleaned part of the kitchen.
    3 Listening to Neil Gaimans Norse Mythology, I wasn’t sure I would like the audio book idea but I’m enjoying it so far.
    4 Emptied out the bathroom cupboards, removed them, cleaned and painted behind, lifted and binned the carpet, cleaned up the tiles beneath it and put rug in instead, and decluttered 2 past it towels they were us towels, then pet towels, they will now finish as rags in the garage. I’m looking forward to tomorrow and finishing the 2nd coat as it’s then all done and dusted.
    5 Looking forward to a takeaway delivery tonight, supporting local and hibernating at the same time.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Saturday).

1) A lie in!

2) Went to our local repair caf! to have one of the Roman blinds from the living room shortened. A hive of activity there, as always. 2 very cheerful women worked on it and it took 2 hours! Though some of that was due to a temperamental sewing machine.

3) Whizzed back home then took smaller son to Telford to see his football team play - won 1-0.

4) Chinese takeaway for tea.

5) Watched Casualty.

6) In bed with 1hwb and will listen to the radio.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure