PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Suffolksue
    Suffolksue Posts: 1,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Frith I was going to suggest your MP but maybe not!
    Did you ever have the school meeting after the governor intervened las time ?
    Pleasures yesterday
    1 Book group was interesting ,Bookwas Lighthousekeeping by Jeanette Winterson ,was one of the oddest books I've ever read ,relieved to find everybody else felt the same way!
    2 much stimulating discussion re the above
    3 No falls
    4 rearranged DH bedroom ,may be a bit easier .
    Kept to SW plan all day ,good as we are both out at a local pub quiz tonight which includes fish and chips .
    Hope the UTI clears soon Lainey ,have the GPs sent a sample to the lab to check they're giving you the correct antibiotics .
  • Shhhhh, instead?
    Democracy is the futile wisdom of the proletariat in the belief of the establishment, destroyed by ignorance of its own officials.

V Crabby! That is what BoP is today, Crab at T! There, that is dinner sore ted. In the luncheon box today, and you should see it, we has no smoked apple of wood cheese as we have too many mice at BoP Palace! Other treats include three cakes of Jaffa and egg custard tart with salmon and bacon!

4 Crabby still, No was inn the trimming salon last night and came home to have sardines on toast. You know you could had done as well, but you missed out. Proper on the granary bread. Right tasty that!

3 Crab on! I suppose some would never understand! It was an antiestablishment anti London vote! In Grimsby we had Humberside imposed on us in 1974, it took 20 years to rid us of that! What did they want?

2 Nite for tee wes having some crab roulette! Crab Ravioli and bitsers, roulette. Good and filling! Oh, and last nite Raffles was more than happy with the sardine tin!

Having one today! Walking to the North Wall, the barrier from … No yous will have to go to liedepedia for that! For those not from the area, the North wall is a tidal defence barrier in Grimsby. There be a song about it! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Wall,_Humberside

There, yous did not know that!

Well if you like that, don’t forget to put the cat out!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Suffolksue wrote: »
    Frith I was going to suggest your MP but maybe not!
    Did you ever have the school meeting after the governor intervened las time ?
    Pleasures yesterday
    1 Book group was interesting ,Bookwas Lighthousekeeping by Jeanette Winterson ,was one of the oddest books I've ever read ,relieved to find everybody else felt the same way!
    2 much stimulating discussion re the above
    3 No falls
    4 rearranged DH bedroom ,may be a bit easier .
    Kept to SW plan all day ,good as we are both out at a local pub quiz tonight which includes fish and chips .
    Hope the UTI clears soon Lainey ,have the GPs sent a sample to the lab to check they're giving you the correct antibiotics .

Thank you Sue, hate to say but it come back with a vengeance yesterday and have been given more AB’s but will chase the original doc re checking my sample.
  • When BoP worked in the desert, you could not see your sweat as it chrystalised into salty white quickly on my overalls! But you drank at least 6 pints of water, tea each day as this was the amount of sweat you could lose!

Now I still do the same, yet other peers who are younger than BoP have trouble with kidney stones and things!
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    mhagster wrote: »
    sue I've just been re-reading some of my old old style pleasures from around Aug/Sep 2016. I have the thread ( it was closed down to start this one) open on a tab on my iPad. I've not read through it for a while. Had been reading from the start of when I'd started (2010)

Because of the style of my writing I can remember exactly each day as I wrote it. At this point I was baking and baking everyday for a husband who suddenly had a voracious appetite. I was starting to plant things in my Australian garden though it was a very wet start to Spring. DD2 worked at the local bakers and would come home with armfuls of leftover bread. I was working Saturdays only at the cafe and hating it and plotting my leaving ( that would come in just over a months time)

I tell you this to encourage you to keep writing. We can't be there with you when your husband falls but we can be 'with you' afterwards if you tell us. There's a certain anonymity in sharing here. A safety valve of being able to say just what you want to say. We don't judge or tut or think 'really?'

We are all just in our own ways living / seeing things a bit more simply either through choice or necessity and trying to make the most of what we've got and if a good cup of tea was a pleasure then what a fine one it must have been.

Keep smiling. Keep sharing. Keep posting. And keep loving that husband of yours. Your 'now' maybe isn't how you'd thought it would be ( none of us know what's ahead) but make the most of your now.

I hope you manage to get forty winks along the way today. I'm a great advocate of a restorative 'snoozette'

Take care x

mhagster, What a beautiful & thoughtful post :A I have been very lax in reading & posting lately - but you have inspired me & I will try to get back to posting daily.

Thank you mhagster

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Apologies BoP but DSis has digestive problems so need to cook as much as possible in oven with no fats :(

Memory game now :D & in no particular order

Monday pleasures

Home cooked Fish, chips, peas & carrots

Dry day & quite warm

Washed, dried & returned fresh bedlinen to bed - bliss

Over 8,000 steps - I want to make my F*tb*t happy :rotfl:

DSis feeling slightly better

Tuesday pleasures

Chicken, mash, mixed veg for dinner - yummy

DSis happier as fewer fats so stomach stayed settled

My F*tb*t is happy - I managed 10,000+ steps - flashing disco ball :rotfl:

Found the cormorant :j - it has moved to the big open dock & was perched on a buoy

Stayed there long enough for me to go home & get my camera - so I have pictures :j

Wednesday pleasures (already :D)

Catching up on the 1st half season of latest The WD

Receiving my Premium Bond winnings - I like to get cheques so I have a reason to go into town :D

Hm soup is cooking slowly on the hob & smells nice at least :D

See you later

MrsSD

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A day of not very much at all which has been just fine!

Cleared my dresser drawers and shelves. It's been a case of if in doubt chuck it in there. So a carrier bag worth of stuff for the next charity collection, some recycled and a text to friend to see if she still needs 'junk' for junk modelling with the nursery age kids she works with! Yes! Hurrah! So I've collated a bin liners worth. Saves it all going in my recycling bin just now.

Went to T and didn't vere too far from my list. I'm trying to work with cash this month and not use my card. More as a challenge than a necessity but it makes me think twice! Needed dog food. Dropped of cardboard and plastic at recycling in T carpark and a pair of boots I bought when I first moved back here but never really fitted well.

Put some beef in slow cooker and took myself off for a snoozette.

Just waiting on veggies and it's slow cooked beef, mashed potatoes, cauliflower, cabbage , sprouts, green beans, runner beans all RTC.

Have just put heating on. It's to be cold tonight. Mr Dog is all snuggled up in his bed rather than a sofa for a change!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,190 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Wednesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Hens OK and 3 eggs. I must remember there are now 6 eggs in the car and 3 in the shed that need taking in the house!

3) Work did not pass without incident but all's well that ends well. Colleagues pleasant and chatty again.

4) Got home and bigger son had tidied up and done the washing up!

5) Made pork loin chops for tea with roast veg, stuffing, gravy and Yorkshire puddings that went mad, 5 times the height of their tray. Apple and blackberry crumble and custard for pudding.

6) Have been for a very dark walk with smaller son at his request.

7) Back in now, in bed with 1hwb and will watch Holby as I didn't get round to it yesterday.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Wednesday pleasures continued

Zizzed & taste tested the hm soup - it tastes as good as it smells :j

Fish fingers, oven chips & baked beans for dinner - plain & simple & tasty :D

Our Fox finally put in an appearance - he had been missing for two days & we were getting a bit worried.

Catching up on everyone’s pleasures

MrsSD

• Lottiealice
    Options
    Have not been posting but have been reading.

I have had a flare up of my condition which is also back related - so many of us seem to suffer with that. Anyway seems to be calming down now thank goodness because the tablets make me feel awful.

Pleasures then are simply

1) feeling better
    2) having lovely family and friends to help
    3) a good book when I can do not much more
    4) seeing my DS and DGD
    5) my daughters smile (I haven’t been able to pick her up from school so that made me sad, but she has such a sunny disposition she chases the blues away)

J
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure