PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lottiealice glad you're feeling better.

It was MIL funeral yesterday. Day went ok. A fair amount of people came including her sister whom DH had never seen.
    I did think that I knew a different person to everyone else. A couple of people said she was like a second mother to them.

The pleasure is that the funeral is over and she is at peace.
  • Suffolksue
    Suffolksue Posts: 1,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 17 January 2019 at 9:01AM
    Options
    Mhagster I have written out your lovely post and retread it along the way Thank you again.
    Yesterday's pleasures
    1 no falls
    2 Our friendly electrician came and changed lots of bulbs to LED for me and sorted the one I'd broken trying to change in the kitchen .
    3 he put an extra socket above the bed chest in DH bedroom so we could get rid of the extension lead.
    4 DH happy as it has ports(?) so he can plug in his phone and tablet
    5 Quiz night at a local pub with friends ,we didn't win but enjoyed it and DH knew something none of us did !
    Thank you everybody.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,967 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Vl - that was like my auntie's funeral. Not least cos she had a different surname to the one we expected, having remarried without us knowing. The celebrant said "what Margaret will be remembered for is her kindness". At which point my brother and daren't look at each other for fear of laughing out loud. Afterwards we said "don't know whose funeral that was but I don't think it was auntie Margaret's". :rotfl: to be fair she was always ok to my, but had caused no end of trouble in the family...

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Chapter finished and sent to supervisors
    2. Walked the long way round to the hairdressers to get a walk in.
    3. My new coat is WARM
    4. Hair de badgered. Was fairly swift.
    5. Watched cold feet

A housey day today. Actually quite looking forward to it
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Suffolksue
    Suffolksue Posts: 1,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    lainey hope you're feeling better
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad that the funeral went as well as possible VL
    A little thank you Sue

Wednesday pleasures,

Filled my car up and petrol had gone down again, plus the added pleasure of rtc Mr Sparks sultana scones.

Found some warm yard gloves in the sale at local tack shop.

Toxic person returned the “whoops is that yours” saddlecloth, I had said goodbye to it in my mind so what a bonus.

Got soaked over the yard so pleasure of warming up at home with a cup of Ovaltine.

Chicken and apple bake for tea, one of my favourites.
  • V Well wes visited that Aladdin place that has just popped up inn town. The anti people people had frustrated its building for a number of years to protect the CoOp. But lost. They were the same over the cinema and McDs. Still wes were ‘aving problems at w8rs with the veg being on date every visit. So last nite wes wents there instead. Their veg was better dated, and far better than the coop, which for its worth, had been selling near date things as well. So ifs yous listening w8rs, sort out you fresh produce and stop littering the country with through away coffee cups. And unlike to coop, it sell more british veg and meat! Talking of emporiums, if you’re wanting your smalls from marks, better be quick, soon be closing down sale there! Just as our anti people people are refurbishing our two store shopping complex to possibly include one!

4 Rant on! Its off! Had the Crab Ravioli last nite with bitsers for dinner in chili sauce. Not available in any emporium and done in four minutes that the cheese on toast delivery agent cannot beat! So tasty, Raffles was searching for his take as well! And to lubricate, done in proper lard and not that emulsions. Nows I see around the forum what emulsions can do. You do realis that the only walls emulsions should be on are painted ones at home and not your arteries! Tomorrow BoP shall reminds yous lot about foamed drinks as well!

3 Saw the last of the xmas challenges of uni last night was well, so nearly up to date on that. Fortunately the tv thing didn’t run out of spool and end up back on the cooking and dancing channel. Avoid. Now all we has is two proper challenges to watch and tomorrow, BoPsie is egging a bottle of wine because proper tv is back in the Grand Tour!

2 Day BoP will be trimming inn the gym later! Need to be beach ready for Fisherman’s Wharf!

Not having one today.

Your not quite sure about that
  • plumduff55
    Options
    I'm late posting my Wednesday pleasures as was at son's yesterday. I left his home at 6.15 and arrived home at 9 and was totally shattered so here goes

1) Although the forecast was for rain it stayed dry. I have lots of walking between bus stops etc so very pleased about that.

2) Grandchildren were so happy and surprised to see me as I was down on my knees hiding behind a chair when they arrived home from school. What a job getting back up !!!

3) DGD was 6 yesterday and I gave her a sparkly rainbow bag I bought in New York and a Dezine fairy. I have a collection of these fairies from the 90s. A couple of years ago I gave dgd one and I think she had it about two days before she broke it. She wanted another one and I said to wait till she was bigger ( maybe 6 ) and I would give her one then. I managed to find her and my favourite fairy on eBay and bought it for her. I've told her it is my fairy's twin sister and she was absolutely delighted.

4) Had a lovely birthday meal ddil had cooked. We also had a PUG birthday cake and the candles had to be re lit several times as dgs (3 yo) kept blowing out the candles much to dgd's dismay. Very noisy as there were 10 children there but a great to see them all enjoying themselves.

5) Half an hour to pass waiting for next bus in Glasgow so went into Co-op Sauchiehall Street and Sainsbury's outside the bus station and got a whole bag of ys food - so I've been like a woman on a mission this morning trying to find freezer space.

Just had a ys black pudding butty for lunch and it was delicious xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,048 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 January 2019 at 9:14PM
    Options
    VL, glad it went as well as can be.

Our oldest girl ferret had a stroke 2 nights ago, she has rallied incredibly, they have the run of the house so she’s exercised, and we have spent time massaging the paw that’s affected, they are so amazingly resilient. We know it’s the start of the end and are making her extra special with some extra convalesce food that they go loopy for.

1 After driving last evening, I made sure to dig out some glass wipes and vinegar and did the inside of the car windows. Went to start on the house windows to find I had run out of newspaper and the blue roll didn’t have the same affect all I really did was make the house windows less dirty but very streaky but when they are done again they’ll look shiney…
    2 Everything was leftovers today remainder of cawli cheese was lunch seemed to taste better as leftovers, and then I set the last of the turkey cooking into curry with stock, hoping it turns out ok as it’s a right mish mash of using things up, may also have been singing loudly to 80s songs.
    3 Dh is doing an evening course and enjoying it, and it gives me the opportunity for just a little own time, tonight I’ve fitted in an exercise class and popping to Mr T, picked up ys mince and stewing steak and portioned up for the kits.
    4 Turning a negative into a positive, the job and interview fell through, at least its better I found out hours before the interview rather than wasting both money and time on travelling.
    5 Seeing all the birds in the garden.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chilly chilly here but just switched heating off and climbed into bed.

Out early for another course. Very interesting.

Parked car as usual for free and topped up the sprout mountain ( it was getting low) with a big bag for 12p and some parsnips for 18p.

Home. Quick dog walk. Hurrah ! We can walk round the roundabout again. Roadworks gone.

Went to my mothers. Never easy. Hoovered. Washed floors. The best bit was the cracking ice in puddles on way there and back.

The niecelys came for tea. Fajitas , salad. Made a peach sponge and ice cream for pud. Much chatter and laughter. I love our Thursday teas.

Chat with friend on phone...just a quick one. Longer tomorrow !
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,189 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Thursday).

1) Not a bad sleep,

2) Took smaller son to school (or rather, to isolation).

3) Popped into Sainsburys.

4) Hens well.

5) Bigger son had a driving lesson and we went to buy hen food and bedding.

6) Pressed on into Malvern and had lunch in Waitrose.

7) Dropped bigger son off at college. Such a shambles there with not enough lectures. He has been told not to go in tomorrow so the sum total of all his lectures this week is 40 minutes.

8) Made chow mein for tea.

9) Have been sitting in bed watching television.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback