PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,645 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sunday pleasures,

Up early to get the beef in slow cooker, the world is very quiet at 7am on a Sunday.

Usual morning routine of bacon butties and catching up on all things Ambridge.

Family arrived, food all eaten and enjoyed. Much laughter and happiness, there is nothing better.

My DSIL had a sort through my books which were destined for charity shop, we often do a swap.

Collapsed tired but happy on the sofa and was delighted to see a new series of Vera was starting, one of my favs.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dfv - if & is seeing things aright, you are online. PM read please:-)
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Sue. Jenny is BoP's ICD!
    DD Shut it! I know. Schoolboy errors! The curse. Had to ‘appen, like. That’s what ‘appens whens your MotM!
    PK. Proper good breakfast that and gets yous right for the day! I knows cause BoP had the usual on Saturday! Now BoP spices up his breakfast, his grilled toms are topped with garlic bits, pepper and sage! Yous should try it! No has beens this weak though! BoPsie did an emergency cupbored check because of the lack of has beens and we had some, but BoP had decided to just do grilled toms. So there, like it or lump it at boP palace.
    SD No no no no no no no no no no no! BreaFest with oven baked snorkers! Dear me! No excuse! Hash Browns, it gets worse! How many more times has BoP has to tells you lot about processed foods! They are all carp and need to be avoided. As above, ifs its not write, yous does not start the day rite!

V So I dids curry yesterday for dinner. Big bowl as well. And yous know the usual rules. It is stored on the stove, the refrigerator is for the wobbleade. Nows theres was a thing in paper yesterday about letting cheese breathe. It is also stored out with the refrigerator! Please don’t follow the advice of BoP if you are pregnant or suffer from bad tummies! xmas pud was served with instant proper thick custard! Raffles was impressed!

4 Watched the flix of net last night, Richard Dreyfus in a new release, Last Laugh. Bit crude, so it is a good job sparra only popped over the fence for a while! That was after inn town on FryDay night. We back rowed at the flicks watching Stan and Ollie. Seems Mr Cougan is a better actor than comedian, we saw him inn Sherlock last month. That’s the free flix tickets gone now until May and there be a Melissa McCarthy film to watch as well! Nows that’s yous entertainment sorted then. Other tripe is available!

3 Now all set for this weaks luncheon box. Orange jelly this time, was going to grabs mes a trifle at emporium, because BoPsie does not like trifle and I can have one. Well not paying that much for one, so I has mes usual. Oranges in orange jelly. Strawbs, toms and cucumber, pork pie, blue riband, two cakes of Jaffa and some cheese!

2 Nite BoP is trimming in the gym.

Having one today, see above. Had it on Saturday! No, I fears that misogamy is to become a crime. BoP is not affected by this, he is just an old grisly MCP. If you are a snowflake, please return to your safe space. Interesting how some media outlets talk about things so false it beats your. Now actually as boP has mentioned before, well apparently today is Blue Monday. Or the realisation that your pay packet on 20th of December was to last until 91st January!

Any more of this and I will be round there sore tin out your
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Afternoon (Just!) all

Pleasures for Sunday

1. Waking up in my own bed, a little earlier than I'd have liked but hey ho..
    2. Caught up with all things Ambridge and watched the end of ABC murders
    3. Did the shopping so the fridge is stocked again. the washing was mostly caught up with
    4. A walk round the block with OH, in the only brightness we had all day
    5. OH cooked roast chicken dinner and I made a crumble with the soft apples and pears.

Now, I really must crack on - have a good day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello.

Just put heating on as much to dry washing as to warm up.

Woke after 7 which is very late for me...dreaming my sister was randomly driving us all very fast in a bus but a very young DD2 had the steering wheel! Slightly discombobulated when I woke!

Braced myself to go into the cupboard in DD1 room which has her things, her sisters overspill, spare clothes for GN when she stays. A guitar or two...one of which fell on my foot. There was the carrier bag of the kitchen drawer where you put everything and anything in! Emptied prior to kitchen being emptied ( September ) it's now all over my bed! So that's to be done before I climb in later. Random nothing really!

Had a very productive meeting this afternoon. Much to be considered.

Had parked at M0rrisons so got 2 packs of wraps for 5p each and 4 packs of bacon for 10p each.

Home, quick dog walk then made soup using up last pack of veggies and edamame beans that cost 8p or so last week , chucked in a handful of the never ending sprouts ( 2 X 10p bags from M&S between Christmas and NY) and some of the bacon. Huge pot of soup for around 15p ! Fab! And it was so tasty. Son had that with an omelette with bacon , RTC mushrooms and RTC salad leaves. Working my meals around what I've got in fridge .

For lunch I'd had the leftover turkey mince stuff with rice and salad and it was yummalicious!

Put some pictures up on family room wall and it looks so much better.

Found a tub of tablet ( sweet) that I'd obviously hidden too well. Yuk! Was off! In bin. What a waste. I think it must have been from Halloween.
  • plumduff55
    Options
    Hi, my five for today are;

1) Went to visit Stirling Castle using the Historic Scotland membership I was given at Christmas. Went on a guided tour of the castle and was amazed by its history.

2) My friend and I sat in the Queen Anne garden and shared a flask of hot chocolate and croissants with chocolate spread. It was beautiful and sunny although very cold. Made the hot drink even more enjoyable.

3) I had turkey curry from the freezer for dinner.

4) I started a free trial of Amazon Prime yesterday so have been watching Outlander. Although I've seen the first 2 series ages ago and series 3 while in Australia last year I'm now watching again from the beginning. At the end of the month I will decide whether to keep Netflix or Amazon Prime.

5) Just settling down to watch Silent Witness while knitting a lacy baby cardigan. Have to be careful though as making a mistake with a lace pattern is murder trying to correct.

Enjoy your evening xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,168 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So annoyed with smaller son's school (again). The draconian behaviour policy continues - after school detentions for anything from forgetting a pen to being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Tomorrow he'll have been back for 7 days and will have spent 3 in isolation. He got sanctions for not doing homework, trying to get inside when they have to stay outside at lunchtime (it was raining) and for forgetting a pencil. This is a pupil with a big, thick EHCP who was so upset to be missing even more GCSE lessons this morning that they had to put him in his own isolation (i.e not in the room with the other "naughty" pupils, but in a separate room, somewhere else, entirely on his own)...

As he said this evening "They keep telling me I am failing everything but then stop me from going to any lessons".

Not sure what to do at this point. Have already involved a governor. The solution that keeps getting flung at me is that I home educate him until his GCSEs.

Anyway, pleasures for today:

1) Some sleep.

2) Work was OK.

3) Bigger son fed the hens for me which gave me more time to get ready this morning.

4) Driving lessons for bigger son.

5) Sausage casserole for tea then shop bought treacle sponges.

6) In bed now with 1hwb and will listen to the radio.
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    Frith, I wish I could help or offer useful advise, but all I can do is offer virtual hugs.

1 Ordered animal meds
    2 A contract has come up, interview later in the week.
    3 Meal planned for rest of the week
    4 Popped over the bridge from some C0stco offers and a ponder to ikea for tealights and something mil asked for, we also picked up some wood from their recycling.
    5 Home, warm and a cuppa.
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 15 January 2019 at 2:26PM
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome back, it's a place where no matter how long we don't post for there's always a cheery welcome to returners. And it's lovely to see some 'newbies' here too, hello to you :wave:

Made Jack Monroe's 4-ingredient fruit cake to take to fellowship meeting, it's the 5th I've made so far and disappears in no time. Added some nutmeg and cherries to this one just for a bit of variety.

Returned some clothes to M&S and didn't buy anything to replace them.The bank will be happy :)

Did a market shop at 3.45pm yesterday (Sunday), 3 good bags of fruit and veg for £2. Been chopping, slicing and freezing all day today! Not just a bargain but also very therapeutic

Cleared out some odds and ends from the kitchen cupboards which I was going to take to the charity shop but they're been inundated post-Christmas and can't take any more goods until the weekend. Rather than have them hanging about I took them to a day centre where they can sell them at their next bazaar.

Watched the birds feeding on scraps on the garden wall, most ate their fill before the naughty black squirrel decided to join them and cleared the rest. It was a busy day for the kites, three pairs over the rooftops. They're really quite graceful and far preferable to watching television

Time for bed now Bear Grills has finished scaling rocks and killing snakes, looking forward to the morning and ironing – I really do love it!
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Worked at an satellite sure and grateful for it. The kindness they showed me when my back was painful.

2. Agreement with my line manager that I could go in later today to use up lieu time. Only 1.5 hours but less time in a meeting that is irrelevant to me and caused more back pain.

3. DS2 cooked tea.

4. Painkillers doing their job.

5. Watching Only Connect.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family