PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Wednesday).

1) More sanding! Probably two thirds of sons' room done now.

2) Hens well and 4 eggs.

3) Bigger son enjoyed at the racing car place (hereafter Mr Racing Car) and was told he's the best assistant they've had yet and that they'll take him along to race days with them! They were working on hundreds of thousands of pounds of former Formula One car today.

4) Egg mayo sandwiches for lunch.

5) Rather a tasty tea of noodles and bits from the fridge.

6) Bigger son is clubbing! (a first) then staying at his friend's student house in floody city. Smaller son spent the evening at a nearby pub with my brother, watching the Barcelona match.

7) Watched DIY SOS.
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    Mrs LW I will keep you in mince pie company, I’ve just defrosted the last 2, and purchased some from lidl last week, so there are 12 more with a November date on ops.

1 The vet was so complimentary to us about the animals, it’s hard not to feel rather proud. Both ok lumps and bumps are cysts there for life. And a course of antibiotics for another who now feels very special.
    2 Suffered severe CBA ness and ordered in but it was our free order using previous points.
    3 Your posts spurring me on to write these.
    4 One of the animals needs to have probiotics, so I hunted down the best deal, 50 percent off free delivery and via quidco, seems good
    5 The heating has popped on for a warm house before bed.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Middle of the night but wide awake.

Tuesday / Wednesday pleasures.

Big winds meant washings dry.

Started painting table & chairs. Needs another coat but too many builders in m way. Temporarily covered seats need to get a staple gun.

Chats with friends.

Became a great auntie to my nephews son. All well. All gorgeous. A couple of weeks earlier than expected.

Nice dog walks. Me well wrapped up.

Lovely chat with DD1 . We were all excited by baby news.

Hurrah. The messy plasterer is out of my house! Had pizza with a discount code for tea. There was just 'stuff' everywhere.

Right, shall try for a couple more hours sleep.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Read my book on the bus to and from work. Bus was in time and not stuck in any traffic jams so home in time.

2. Long chat with colleague at work and she may be in the situation now which forced her to take action in a particular circumstance. Situation definitely not a pleasure but hopefully the outcome will be.
    Have been messaging her after work.

3. DS2 cooked. Mac n cheese. It was tasty

4. Long chat with my parents in the ohone.

5. Chat with DS1. His area manager is trying to get him promoted even if his figures aren't what they should be.
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Morning :)

- Couple of late goals for WBA made OH shout with joy :D

- I'm redoing a flower border and managed to dig half of it up despite the spade being in OH's car - a couple of shrubs and a dead rosemary stump were too much for my trowel and garden fork though, but progress

- The pelargonium cuttings I took are still looking good and putting on new leaves

- Pulled up most of the weeds between the paving slabs - it tougher since I stopped using weedkiller but more rewarding :)

- Wore first of new charity shop outfits yesterday, a Next dress, a Roman cardigan with my new Primarni tights altogether cost less than what the cardigan would have cost in a supermarket and I felt very smart :D
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Some recent pleasures,

Bad sinus pain but thank goodness for painkillers and Olb*s oil.

Being kept company by small dog, she’s such a sweetie.

HM soup and toasted cheese sandwiches.

Needed new overreach boots for princess pony but loyalty card meant I only had to hand over .95p for them :money:

Talking of whom watching her enjoy a good groom, she is shedding her summer coat so very itchy.

Driving home as the sun went down, beautiful skies and we see so much of them in the flat fens.

Capt S snuggling up as he got into bed, had been to the Barca match but home by 11.30pm due to knowing which way to turn coming out of Wembley.
  • Oh my word DD! There be a baggy in the Parish!

V Had Steak last eve on team out night. I hear today that there is some rumpus with these inns and things. But just a thought, service last night was carp. Did not provide what was ordered! Then only one serving at the bar! In the US you get served, either at the bar or the table, No problem and it is good.

So how about raising the price of the wobbleade to £6 and the steak to £30, then getting staff in and pay them accordingly?

4 Enuff! Inn BoP’s lunch box today is the usual, without snorker, but egg custard tart with leek and bacon. Proper foods again and good for you!

3 One of the shovellers in the boiler room PC has been migrated! We don’t need the GRU to create havoc, just the IT Downgrade Department!

2 Morros BoP is looking to book the Tea Party! Details and all the fruit ingredients to follow very shortly! Yes it is cake and pud time

Not having one again! Just another day in the Life of BoP!

We make our living from what we have, we take what we need, and put back for plenty more to come.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A reasonably quiet day.

Very windy but mainly dry. Good blow the cobwebs away walk with Haggis.

We have heat downstairs hurrah and a boiling hot ( complaints of too hot) house! Plumbers were here ...though didn't come till 11am. Too bad if I wanted to go out! So the laundry room has heat as does the new dining area. The one for old dining area/new living area is on order but the old one works after a fashion. The one for living room soon to be known as the posh lounge is on order. It was taken away to create patio doors.

We now have defined areas of (as we call it in Australia ) family-meals-dining with one big flowing room going from area to area. All furniture is second hand but ( I think!) looks really good.It will hopefully have the added bonus of being connected to electricty tomorrow ...8am start by the electrician!

I don't have a fully bricked exterior as for the third day the brick layers have not turned up. I have sent a text to the head chap. My builder is on holiday now for a week ( lucky old him) and I'd rather not disturb his break but I'm so p'd off with people not turning up when they say they will and then not. My time is actually quite important to me ( even if I'm not doing much!) I need to give them access to electricity.

Send me photos of new baby I asked nephew ...duly sent. Then send me photos that don't have silly filters on the baby's face! Finally sent! Gorgeous boy. Four sleeps till I get to visit and give him a squidge!

Tea tonight is a help yourself to whatever is in fridge but not that and not that as that's for a birthday tea tomorrow. Just going to go and make a chilled dessert incase my ovens not connected tomorrow !

Texts back and forth with friends. Some are doing it tough just now. I can empathise. And be there as a friend to support which I hope helps. Maybe doesn't take any problems away but helps in knowing someone is there for you.

Plumber put mirror and tall boy up in main bathroom. Looking rather swish. DD2 is filling the shelves up as I type...she has deigned to give one shelf to her brother! Mirror will have fancy schmancy lights when it's connected to electricty tomorrow.

Charity shop called. I'm getting £150 back for my red leather sofa that was damaged. Except they need to raise £150 before I can get it. That's fine. I can wait. ( it was how I justified my new boots last week)

Plumbers also removed plumberly crap that was on top landing. I wasn't sure what was for chucking/keeping.

The skip has gone. Hu-blooming-rah ! After 9 weeks and 6 skips I'm glad to see it go...now if only brickies could lay the mountain of bricks I'd have a patch of lawn!

right I'm off to kitchen whilst there's enough light to see what I'm doing!
  • Olliebeak1951
    Options
    My 5 for yesterday (Wednesday) =

1. Phone call from DD to ask if I could pop to Aldi for some 'bits' for her - including a Pepperoni Pizza for the 'hollow-legged DGS1' - while there, I checked out their frying pans, but not convinced that they're better quality than those in Wilkos. Think I'll get another Tefal - the last one has lasted me for 12yrs :j. Only reason I had to stop using was my own fault - using a knife has damaged the non-stick coating :( :doh:.

2. DGS1 made an attempt at clearing DD's back yard - where he 'tinkers' with all kinds of engines/motors. Just hoping that he keeps it tidy, at least :(.

3. DGD2 (age 10) arrived home from school with a lovely smile on her face ........................ she'd done well in Maths :j.

4. After DD got in, I didn't have to wait too long for a bus :T.

5. Pork Steak, Hash Browns and Salad for evening meal :drool:.

6. Relaxed later on watching 'The Loch' which I couldn't get into when it was on two yrs ago. Lots of places that we visit on holiday, so more about the 'sight-seeing' than the drama ;)!

7. Asleep very quickly last night for a change :T.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Lovely day out walking through Batsford Arboretum under the beautiful canopy of bright leaves that autumn brings.

2) Driving through some of the most beautiful landscape I've ever seen including a whole valley of mature beech trees just turning to copper, stunning!

3) The woodstove company have been in touch with 3 stoves that will be suitable for our fireplace and we'll go and see them tomorrow to choose which we'll have.

4) Have been invited to visit the grandpickles one day next week and DD1 and James are coming for lunch on Sunday, I so love having the family back!

5) It's been another golden day, storing up all this sunshine in memory to see me through the gloom of winter.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback