PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Minds mes VJs Mother. I hated sets at school. Hows that’s all I do!

PK Emporium T has offered us £9 off. But we has to spend £50. Cocoa only costs £3 and we don’t need any. Avoid.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,256 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello, it's not even 9pm and it's darkening and dismal and lashing with rain. Have just decided to come to bed.

Busy day. Dog walk first thing.

Then into town with DD2. Had a few errands to do.

Got bargainous bargains in a shop that's sadly closing down but my seasonal party needs are met! Halloween , Christmas and Easter purchases made! 5 things for £1

Hike back up to where I'd parked the car, by this time sweltered as it was warm and humid.

Then out to business education session again. Met up with a few from last week so we were more familiar and shared ideas etc. very informative but oooft! Massive!

Home and the niecely people arrived just after we got in. Had takeaway for tea. With leftovers for tomorrow.

GN and I walked Haggis down to postbox to send some mail to Australia and then popped in to go puppy visiting, she couldn't believe how big he'd grown in a few weeks ... I couldn't believe how much in 1 week!

Home and they left but coming back tomorrow . Friend phoned me and got lots of her chest!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Stinky headache most of the day but will try to think of 5
    1) another yummy lunch from lo from bbq. The meal that just keeps on giving
    2) another 25 off the email mountain
    3) Chinese for tea
    4) then band practice as headache lifting
    5) good giggle with keyboard and flautist
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,051 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1 A calm day and made plans to visit the in laws.
    2 I didn’t meal plan today, but we cannot budget for takeaway, so I threw anything from the fridge into one pot with stock turmeric and rice and cooked up a one pot, it was nice.
    3 Helped DH start decluttering the shed, some hard decisions but nice to have some space back, the old wood cage sacrificed to be chimera wood, our plan to keep de cluttering.
    4 Things are moving on DFs house, I had to answer some rather bizarre questions, but apparently the contract will be following, I assume at that point we will know when they want to move in.
    5 Just popped to lidl and it was nice and quiet, we are buying 2 of a few things to try and re build some basic stock, but the weekly shop came in at 29 a bit more than usual for us.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Thursday).

1) A lie in.

2) Hens perky and well and 4 eggs. Spent an hour or so with them to escape obnoxious children.

3) Managed to renew my car insurance for next year for £350. Amazed by this as I put bigger son on with his provisional licence. Putting on dad of Frith knocked £100 off.

4) Did get up to date with washing up, tidying and washing, not that you'd know it now.

5) Had tea in Sainsburys, spent time in a local park (local to Sainburys, no parks near home!) then went to the cinema to see Mama Mia. Realised soon into the film that I was about 5 years too young to know the songs (Super Trouper was about the last Abba song in the charts and I was 4 at that point). Sons must have thought they were in a strange dream!

Hard going today. Smaller son still shouting and chucking stuff around downstairs so I've come to bed and left him to it. As I said to my sister, I've lowered my standards so much with them, they can't go any lower.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Thursday pleasures

Hot, hot, hot :T:j

Shed base relaid the right way up & looking good :rotfl:

DSis had eyes & ears tested - no appointment needed:T

ERNIE will be sending me £25 :T

Window cleaner turned up :) but nw I have to clean the inside :(

No cooking - just sandwiches :T

Bright moon

Reading your posts

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £166.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thursday pleasures,

Shopping in the emporium and a man who bore a remarkable resemblance to the Fonz walked past me, right down to the haircut and leather jacket, the temptation to stick my thumbs in the air and say “ heeeyyy” was enormous :rotfl:

It would have been my lovely Dad’s 90th Birthday so went to visit the grave, had a general tidy up and a chat with loved ones.

Boy it was hot, had an ice lolly and then fell asleep in the garden, luckily in the shade.

The rollercoaster that is watching England play cricket.

Watering the garden at dusk, beautiful, beautiful bee moth on the Buddleia. It’s liked watching a tiny hummingbird in flight.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 3 August 2018 at 9:55AM
    Options
    Lainey we had many Bee Moths in our German garden when we lived there and one glorious summer here in Hampshire about 20 years ago when we had some blown over from the continent and walking with the old terrier one evening coming up from the river every garden had flotillas of them taking nectar from the flowers that were open, enchanting!

1) Nell gave me some clothes she no longer needs and said try they on, you never know and if you don't want them the clothing bank will be a winner. So I did and after 70 years I've discovered that I'm a GURL! who is wearing a skirt for the first time in centuries and feels much cooler for it too!

2) 5 am this morning when I woke up and spent a gloriously cool 5 minutes hanging out of the bedroom window in the crepuscular coolness, priceless!

3) Day with Nell and James yesterday, they are sorting out the house and sorting out possessions which they double up on as they're now in the same kitchen, we took tools for them as they are doing many changes to house and garden.

4) Seeing what they've done to the boys room as James will have them regularly and they are into Minecraft in a big way. They have muraled the wall with volcanoes, there is a sticker decal on the floor by the door which plunges you down steps into a deep dark mine, there is another on the wall under a (battery) flaming torch where the characters are bursting out of the wall, the ceiling is blue with white rectangular clouds, the curtains match it and they have matching duvet covers that are all rectangles in green and brown pixels for the earth and grass and they've managed to find a rug that looks like a lawn, it's fantastic. Yesterday was spent mounting a second hand computer and screen on the wall and they've invested in some fabulous toy storage from Ikea with bright trays to put different things in, the kids will LOVE it!

5) Lunch out yesterday they've found a most acceptable carvery not too far out of town so we went instead of going to the usual Jacket potato joint and the food was lovely, we'll certainly go regularly when we've moved, no washing up, bliss!
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Bags. Packed.
    Razor. Forget it.
    Car Loaded!

And BoP's Off!

Just as the nice letter form the emporium database arrives that searched my habbits. A massive £4 from the emporium T. That's a tub of cocoa and a mars bar then! No waste!

Astonished that their database writes only when the brats are off and we have none|!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,256 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    See ya Pirate Pete. Enjoy some holiday wobble-ades.

For Friday which eventually dried up and meant the towels which have been soaking on the line for 2 days could be rehashed and dried...hurrah!

Couple of dog walks. Just seen a beautiful sunset.

Nipped to T this am for just a couple of things , dropped off some cardboard in recycling, some bottles of flavoured water that no one liked in food bank (bought for garden party 2 weeks ago) and prescription at chemist.

Lovely chat with DD1 . Was booking her a ticket to a show for next year for her birthday this year! Done! Something she wants and I'm happy enough to pay for.

Had an odd snooze. As did the dog.

Friend with puppy came to visit us. It was his first visit so we were very honoured.

GN is sleeping over.

Son away up to the mountains again. Yay! Wet washing to look forward to said no mother ever!

A further donation of $175 towards our global walk ...$355 so far.

Dark at 10pm....this is not a pleasure but a statement!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback