PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Saturday pleasures,

Went to watch DN play footie, under 18’s against the DONS and they won :j Pity he didn’t travel with the first team to Port Vale as looks like they could have done with a solid central defender :(

Saw a U’s legend, Luke Chadwick, CL and PL medal winner with Man United and now looks after the under 16’s, putting back in is what it’s all about.

Home to find cricket already finished so pottered in garden, even the lovely Monty says there’s not much to do but sit and drink wine, who am I to argue.

Text from DSIL and good news of her coming home from hospital, she’s had a rough old time lately so v pleased and relieved for her.

Time spent in sunshine with horse girlie, just a 15 min lunge as hot afternoon but she was a little star. Hard to imagine that this time last year she wasn’t even on my radar and now she’s such a huge part of my life.

Slightly cooler evening and pleasant late night wander around the garden with little dog, stars bright in clear skies.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1) there were loads of burger rolls left over at hog roast last night so brought back a baker's dozen. Ate a fried egg and tomato roll for breakfast and froze the other 12, taking opportunity to sort freezer
    2) watched an episode of vera before a brisk walk to church.
    3) took boys for a lovey walk in the park. got home just before gbf called round unexpectedly so had a blether. he'd called round for rest of band's wine and also took some wood for the dump. hooray.
    4) mrpiano and dd2 are both away for the week, leaving me with beetroot and chorizo to use up. would you believe, bbc has a recipe for beetroot, lentil and chorizo salad. it's lish, and that's tomorrow's supper too (recipe said 2 - 3, let's say 2)
    5) clearing out cupboard under the stairs, have found a gazillion shopping bags. dd1 has taken a load upstairs to fill for the charity shop. oh and have rejoined the no clutter to be seen thread :-)
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Sunday pleasures

Another hot day but slightly cooler than yesterday

Sitting in the garden & seeing the moon in a clear blue sky until 1:00 p.m. :D

Watching the bees on my lavender plant :)

Full roast beef dinner :drool:

Half hour chat with my next door neighbour - he is not sure if he will have a job after XMas as he works in Amsterdam (Brexit is a pain :()

Reading your posts

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    One more - the surprise on my DSis’s face when she opened a package arranged by my DH - 24 cans of Cream Soda :D All three of us keep looking in MrA & MrS but nary a can :( for the last two weeks :(. No idea if there is some sort of shortage :rotfl:
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,220 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello. Almost dark at 9.40pm. Oh dear. I much preferred the long light nights.

For today. Up early with he who must be obeyed! AKA Haggis!

Dozed off again. Up and a nice dog walk. Hung out washing .Went to church, which was very busy. Then we had a picnic lunch afterwards.

Nice chats with various people there which was also nice. Nipped into M&S ( for apricot Swiss roll) met friend who id had coffee with on Monday. So stood chatting for ages and then we ended up having a seat in cafe for another hour or so. It was nice to see her. She's been widowed recently too, so we both know what we go through each day.

Went into pound shop which is closing down and stuff was 10 things for £1 ( had been 5 for £1 ) so got a few more things for Halloween and Easter!

Back to car and thankful for free parking at weekend ,back home , out with dog for a walk .

Cut grass. Hopefully the final cut of back grass. Builders come Tuesday and what's not dug up will be trampled over. Chatted with a neighbour for a bit.
    Deadheaded flowers and threw out pansies that were just horrid looking. Need to get some autumnal plants for front porch.

Son home safe from the mountains.

Nice chat with friend before...even though we'd chatted last night for an hour, had picnic lunch and chatted ...there's always something to talk about!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick pleasures for today as I'm quite tired now.

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Hens OK and 4 eggs.

3) Mended some of the damage from where my car was hit outside Sainsburys a week or 2 back. Changed the whole light unit. The new one (salvaged) had all the bulbs with it so I've now got some spares.

4) Dropped bigger son off in carpet town. Popped to Sainsburys and they were selling off some fish cheaply so I had 3 large dinners-worth portions of smoked mackerel, already bagged up, for 60p!

5) Picked enough blackberries for 3 pies or crumbles and put them in the freezer.

6) Watered the garden. Didn't see avocado frog but thyme frog is still there.

7) Had a game of football with smaller son.

Waiting for bigger son to come home. He is leaving for his NCS outdoor activities in the morning...
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,038 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1 I had been looking forward to making courgette lasagne, as it turned out I pretended it was meant to be ratatouille <sp> what a fail.
    2 Popped out when the heat let off a bit and picked 3 boxes of blackberries on the side now, destined for the freezer tomorrow morning.
    3 Nice to catch up with DB back from his hols.
    4 The citronella flames in the dark of the garden.
    5 A soak in the tub.
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Morning :)

My pleasures:

Drove to clean the office at 5 this morning (was too tired to go yesterday :o) - the early morning was breathtaking with low river mist and the hills in the background

Found out whie family will be together over the bank holiday

Son came round with girlfriend yesterday, they make such lovely couple :)

Sitting in the shade in the garden reading

Discussing making some rasied veg beds for next year to stop the dogs running over my veg
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sunday pleasures,

Out to brunch with hollow legged ones and gf, they lived up to name by choosing the big one and cracking through the lot, inc toast. Good to catch up on their lives.

Home for just after midday and saw the harvester in field next to ours, eventually windows had to be shut as combine did our field. Dust blown everywhere and cars covered but as always an awesome sight to watch these huge machines working.

Caught up on all things Ambridge, go Jill! That Robin is so smooth am surprised treacle wasn’t leaking out of the radio.

Text chat with DSIL, she is so happy to be home and sleeping in own bed although she said it seemed very quiet after the ward!

Watching The Unforgotten and eating cold chocolate, it’s a tough life.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    V You can see BoP at 2:05 in the clip. Above S of Sponsor, second row. Blue shirt and cap! It got worse

4 Went to the International Bomber Command Centre in Lincoln. Had bacon so I was flying!

3 That was after wearing my Grimsby top in w8rs there. Wound them up!

2 Day BoP is off! Just put away the good honest wobbleades from Wainfleet.

Will not be having one today, had enough at the weekend!

Annoyed it took 73 years!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure