PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Artnoon all - another who can get a bit lax posting pleasures.

So for Monday

1. MiL went home with little fuss. She can be very martyrish but i am very fond of her (chants I am very fond of her, I am very fond of her)
    2. Couldn't decide what to have for tea (get sick of thinking of things) so OH did it and cooked sausages. <<sigh>> why does he always choose sausages? At least he cooked it - I need to get my tea thinking cap on
    3. Who Do You Think You Are
    4. Wrestling with statistics, but is more brawn than brain at the moment so that is something of a pleasure
    5. got washing dried despite rain

and yesterday

1. Used up loads of a bit past it veg and made a curry. which i had for tea and was yum. OH and DS away so only DD and I home
    2. More statistics wrestling but was so brain numbing that i could do it whilst watching TV
    3. So I watched the remaining episodes of 'Hidden'
    4. Veg soup for lunch as was a low calorie day
    5. hmmmm....... might have to bank it.

More stats today. and will make lasagne for tea (started to think about it)
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Wednesday pleasures

Hot sunny day with not a cloud in sight :j:T

Getting two loads of washing done, dried, folded & put away

Watching the magpie having a bath

Watering the garden with a hosepipe - first time this year before anyone says anything :rotfl:

Being energetic enough to walk back from the Post Office through the park & discovering there is a Farmers Market on Saturday

Starting to stock my Brexit Cupboard :rotfl:

Pork steaks, mash, green beans, petit pois & carrots for dinner :drool:

Reading your posts

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £228.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £50.00; July £62.00; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,058 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mrs SD, I do love a good few episodes of P of I.

It!!!8217;s been a tough couple of days so concentrating instead on today!!!8217;s pleasures:

1 Your posts cheering me.
    2 Food planning followed, and Mr T has sent through 6 pounds off 40 voucher, I!!!8217;m wondering if I leave it near to it!!!8217;s date I might be able to use it, not made up my mind yet if it!!!8217;s worth it, I!!!8217;m not convinced, I just don!!!8217;t spend that there anymore.
    3 Loopy animals, sadly we are going to have to book our ill little one in for the visit, I can!!!8217;t stand the idea and it!!!8217;s never got any easier.
    4 I cleaned the house up before it!!!8217;s too uncomfortable to do it in the return of the hot weather.
    5 I!!!8217;ve been through more of DF!!!8217;s things and have listed a few bits for sale on fb, the answers reminding me why I don!!!8217;t like fb.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bedtime . It is lashing with rain, dark and with a most unsummery feel. Come back light nights !

Today. Couple of nice dog walks.

Washing out ( some washing still out as nowhere to dry soaking towels) managed to get teeshirts almost dry and ironed so boyo has some clothes!

Hoovered, cleaned bathrooms, washed floors, ironed.

Made lentil soup and nachos for kids tea.

I went out for mine! Picked up and dropped off and for some reason unknown to me had my dinner paid for, which was very kind! I had pate and then we all had lasagne. That we all struggled to eat as such a huge portion. Much catching up, much laughter and the odd wee tear in my eyes.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,223 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Wednesday).

1) Archaeology! A morning of field walking, which was very pleasant. Lots of Roman bits picked up, some medieval, and three Georgian coins.

2) Hens OK.

3) Went to see my dad and brother to discuss car repairs (from the van running into it last week). Insurance money is about to come through so we took the light apart and I ordered a new case thingy. Don't know what we'll do about the scraped bits yet.

4) Burritos for tea.

5) Smaller son and I babysat my niece, which is always funny. She gives a running commentary on everything (Pingu this evening) and kept saying to smaller son, "Oh, keep watching, C - this is my favourite bit" :-D

6) We went on smaller son's favourite activity afterwards - a "midnight shop" (though it never is midnight) to Tesco.
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    Morning :)

My pleasures:

Lovely new (to me) laptop - my old one was small and ancient, so this is a real teat, snd didn't cost anything :j

Lovely sunny morning

My little rudbekias are flowering beautifully (despite being thirsty little blighters and struggling in the heatwave) and look lovely next to the agpanthus :):):)

Sleepy early-morning dogs sitting quietly next to me

The wonderful blsckberry harvest this year is a joy
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,685 Forumite
    Options
    Wednesday pleasures,

The birds wait for me to switch the water feature on and then all rush done to take their constitutionals.

Picking more tomatoes, tumbling toms in hanging basket, the amount produced is just perfect for just the two of us.

Made my Lammas loaf and a slice enjoyed warm with lunchtime tuna salad.

Watched cricket for a couple of hours until left for stables, apparently the collapse happened as car was going down drive.

Saw something in field next to cottage and quickly realised that it was a deer, head just held above barley, suspect it was a Muntjac as only one.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,945 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    wednesday pleasures
    1) another good early morning session in the park. legs felt like jelly by the end (who am i kidding, half way through!) but definitely toning up
    2) someone brought in surplus jelly beans (no idea how one has surplus jelly beans!) very good for my jelly legs :-)
    3) yummy lunch, still left-overs from saturday's bbq
    4) new phd student is delightful
    5) gbf is finally back from his 3 week gallivant - he came round after supper to see me and the boys
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    DD Burts inn on my lunch! And I'm having Jelly as well!

V Holiday starts and the Big Train to Warster is to be boreded! Curry night to start. Don’t forget the viewing places yous bin told about! Curry will be wolfed down!

4 Tomorrow is your POETS day, but hey, I see the yard at the school empty this day! Well BoP will scoop up BoPsie from the salt mine and we will be offs! Bin too long coming around!

3 Minded again of twenty eight years ago and the present. The embassy never knew and were as much use as rolling skates are to fish! Still, we got in early! Was a Thursday as well that day in Al Kharj.

2 Morrow before scooping up BoPsie, please remember BoP is holding council for all your burdens. Please have honey, lemon and a bourbon to hand. Your privacy in your woes is important, so you should know the internet is like an open sore. Everyone will see it!

Not having one today!

Now time for me lunch!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    Options
    Art noon

Pleasures for yesterday

1. OH cooked lasagne for tea
    2. Watched some David tenant dr who with DS whilst still wrestling with statistics
    3. Walked to supermarket with wally trolley
    4. Watched boy George who do you think you are whilst wrestling with statistics
    5. Doing a favour for French friend

Have a good afternoon all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills