PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Coffee out at the garden centre and sitting outside but we had to move under an umbrella because it was just too hot!

2) Found a really comfy pair of sandals at a reasonable price there too.

3) Ironing done and packing for my jaunt to Belgium next week begun.

4) We both slept through last night, don't think we had big thunder or we'd have woken but seem to have missed all the lightning. Did wake at 5 to the rain on the window though.

5) IPL final this afternoon (sorry BOP) love it but also love proper cricket too and 'village green' cricket on a Sunday afternoon, there are worse ways of spending a few hours!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,197 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Sunday).

1) A lovely trip out at 1.30am to collect bigger son from a party through constant lightning and torrential rain.

2) A lie in.

3) Cooked breakfast.

4) Hen OK and we chopped off any thistles and nettles starting to grow in her pen.

5) Smaller son enjoyed watching the Grand Prix.

6) Nice fish pie for tea.

7) Just catching up on episodes of Humans with bigger son.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,253 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning, looks like it's to be another beautiful day here :)
    I was glad to get up after the most awful nights sleep in a long time. The weirdest of dreams. Anyway...I'm up!

Just going to strip bed and get that all washed. I've a monster ironing to do so might do that now whilst it's still cool & before doggy walk.

Yesterday was another sunny day though with a cooling breeze which was pleasant.

Nice dog walk. Just me and my dog. Our 'pond' ...which is really a huge puddle in field is almost empty but the swallows were dipping in and out taking the mud for their nests.

Cut the grass. I cannot believe how quickly it grows! The pleasure is its looks so much better when it's done!

I went to church. I've not been as often as I'd intended. I'm very good at finding excuses. It's quite overwhelming in a way I'd never thought it would be. So I just slip in and slip back out again. The chap who'd helped at my husband's memorial service held there came and spoke to me and it's things like that , that throw me slightly.

Nipped in to M&S got a few things RTC, including a chocolate birthday cake! No ones birthday just a great big cake for not very much! Bought lovely deep red peonies and sweet Williams both RTC. I'd been admiring the peonies the day before and felt I couldn't justify the full price!

Home. To an empty house. DD2 & her pal who'd came in at 3am had gone. So just me an my doggy. Started a new library book. Ate some chocolate cake. Had a snooze. I'd ordered a garden table and chairs so that arrived and chap kindly took them round the back garden. That's my job for today.

Went a doggy walk with H & his old girl.

Went to bed when DD2 came in. Glad to get everything locked up and up to bed. Was so tired but slept so badly. I'll blame the chocolate cake!
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Glad you are seeing some sun Mhags we are inside a cloud again. Very warm and humid.

Yesterday

1. Up early, but enjoyed a couple of hours wandering around Internet land on my iPad. Found a couple of sites with really nice dresses, but reluctant to order anything as I have never heard of them. :o

2. No gardening again but Have been running my EBay Empire. 2 things sold and 32 listed. Unfortunately, I seem to be decluttering DD’s stuff not mine at the moment. :rotfl:

3. Trip to John Lewis for free tea and coffee then M&S to redeem my Sparks card offers.

4. Incredible storm :eek: Had to put buckets in the lean to to collect the leaks. Now have a clean floor after mopping up the aftermath. :rotfl:

5. Invited for tea at our friends house. Luckily they were up hill from the massive pool that had collected in their road.........it was ‘Dinner and a show’, as we watched people wading through or doing parkour across garden walls and front steps to get up the road. It soon drained away thank goodness! Had a lovely meal, and first wine in ages, and a big catch up.

Day out to Bletchley Park today. Christmas present. We have Afternoon Tea booked, and will be doing lots of people watching, as it is a 1940’s day. :)

Have a lovely day :)
  • Hopeless_Case
    Hopeless_Case Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Morning :)

Woke up at silly o'clock today, going to need an afternoon nap!!

My 5 things :

Driving down the M6 towards Brum in the torrential storm yesterday, with DD telling me about flash floods and closed roads _pale_ , and most definitely NOT loving it, OH woke up just as we approached a service station so he took over and drove through the worst of it - phew!!

I was dreading the damage the rain would have done to the garden and all my newly-planted seedlings, and we got home and it was bone dry and the storm had obviously missed us completely :D

My flowering garlic chive plant is still giving me great pleasure and worth another mention :)

I found my stash of frozen oregano when I had my big freezer sort out last week, and there's loads more coming on the plant, so I don't need to replace the jar in the kitchen which is nearly empty

When I had the last bit of fruity soda bread from the freezer yesterday and was thinking of making more, I realised I haven't sorted out my store cupboards yet, I think they're bulging with things like various types of flour, strong and normal, pasta and rice and lentils and dried chick peas and beans so loads more savings to be made getting an inventory and using it all up :D:D
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sunday pleasures,

Woke early to warm sunshine so took small dog around the field.

Changed the wreath on front door from the spring to summer one, marking the seasons in a physical way and I like the contrast against the royal blue door.

With nowhere to go and no-one to see we had a Larkin day, ate good food, drunk wine and wrung the most out of such a lovely summer’s day.

Sitting in a shady spot in the garden and enjoying a book. I am alternating my reading between the Mitford Sister biography and “Romancing the Ordinary” by S B Breathnach.

Another late night stroll around the garden, almost a full moon, slipped my sandals off and stood on the cool grass, life is good.
  • Hopeless_Case
    Hopeless_Case Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Sunday pleasures,

Woke early to warm sunshine so took small dog around the field.

Changed the wreath on front door from the spring to summer one, marking the seasons in a physical way and I like the contrast against the royal blue door.

With nowhere to go and no-one to see we had a Larkin day, ate good food, drunk wine and wrung the most out of such a lovely summer’s day.

Sitting in a shady spot in the garden and enjoying a book. I am alternating my reading between the Mitford Sister biography and “Romancing the Ordinary” by S B Breathnach.

Another late night stroll around the garden, almost a full moon, slipped my sandals off and stood on the cool grass, life is good.

What a lovely idea, do you make the wreaths yourself?
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Options
    What a lovely idea, do you make the wreaths yourself?

3 out of four have been made by my fair hand :D the only exception is my winter one which is a wooden pentacle.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    Options
    LaineyT wrote: »
    pleased to see Fulham going up but not so good for Liverpool.

My two menfolk are not so pleased.. And they were there. But luckily I wasn't so I didn't have to put up with their misery. It's a funny old game..

Pleasures since Friday

1. Got quite a bit of work done on Saturday.
    2 went for a walk by the sea once the sun had come out on Saturday
    3 then friends and I went to cafe bar for dinner and then to pub on sea front
    4 OH turned up early yesterday, along with the rain
    5 but we went for a walk anyway and got drenched. But it is still beautiful
    6. Abandoned picnic in favour of roast in pub (railway inn, abergynolwyn, frith). It was delicious. Lunch salad about to be rated on train home
    7 sun came out after lunch and the end of the walk was dry.
    8 afternoon tea and chocolate at a castle ruin in warm sunshine
    9 friends came for dinner that I had previously prepped
    10. Introduced wheat into the diet with no ill effects

Have an enjoyable BH all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Villians. Outlaws are Vilians! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

V Bank Holiday so had another proper snorker fest with best back, mushrooms, poached egg, SpagYETTI hoops and grilled toms! Tea was drunk. Tum was rtubbed!

4 Had to fixe seal on water closet. BoPsie thought it would take all day and a visit to the emporium of nails! Fixed all before lunch. Tea was also drunk.

3 Then off to the Flamingos at Berkley Duck Run! They were rather rowdy today! I shot some on the camera!

2 Nite for tea is sardines on toast, salad with strawberries and ice cream.

Now all is for the morning! Mill BoPimess again!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback