PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,911 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all, & may the Bank Holiday Weekend be good for you!

Frith - sad news re: Marigold but I'm absolutely alongside LaineyT. NCS was great fun for one lad! (Others ducked out.) All the best tree felling & hurrah quarry tiled step, too! Migod for elder son but Podiatrists can work wonderful things. Orthoses are wonderful things.
    Mrs LW - I can't see anything that says it is Wrong to covet a friend's Lurcher?! To sell to another gardener is very satisfying!
    DundeeDoll - good to see the Auld Alliance delivering.
    mhagster - hoping you can have bath shower *and* an airing cupboard! Waiting for children is a rotten side of the job, but surely Haggis helps?
    house elf - a Big Cardboard Box is a very special pleasure, anywhere!
    VJsmum - hoping you survived the twin perils of hairdresser & dentist? Share the love of Irish coming home to vote - and the exit polls looking very hopeful.
    purplekitten - Owch car insurance but Aww ongoing cheery animal despite circumstances
    ampersand - hoping that case shows up but delighted you shared the wedding with the French in proper style. You have joined the Book - but to get ISIHAC makes sense. The world without Mrs.Trellis (& the lovely Samantha) would be a sadder place.
    LaineyT - love the image of tiniest foal asleep in buttercups.
    BoP - Will.Not.Covet.Tunnocks but effortful!
    Hopeless Case - welcome & well done excavating Under The Sink - awed at the courage!
    MandM90 - wonderful to hear so much positive & hurrah for real wooden sash windows!
    MrsSD - all the very best defending your kitchen as the one tidy room but dead right too.

OS Pleasures recently
    "Well that species" - son, trying to generalise across religions, manfully tries to avoid known-to-be-offensive language & misses spectacularly.

Oh my chicks! One keeps his mandatory meds in a little butter crock, the other has a McDonald's sauce paper pot for his morning multivite, proudly, "like a hospital".

Waved to the tailor. (The joys of flexi!)

The joy of finding misplaced things. Tempered by the awareness that being a little more forethoughtful would have saved the anguish, but then I'd have less of the joy.

"That's Olympic Gold Parenting, mum!" - blimey. They feel *that* strongly about Cornettos!

"Argh I've sewn it to the table" - leatherwork is a discipline demanding absolute concentration...

Son gave blood for the first time, with two friends. I am so proud of him! He & friends are all organ donors & I did send info about bone marrow - but may have to be more patient. I'm amused at how he plans to recruit girlfriend "as soon as she's old enough"...

Gym session followed by bath & now pleasantly flexible with my hair acting as air con.

Feeling boot leather revive under my fingers as I set to, cleaning & waxing.

Lactose intolerant vegan sib texted me to say thanks for the dark chocolate. At last, we have a common food group!

Seeing my Scouts having fun on camp via Facebook. Looking forward to firelighting photos as that what we were working on....

Hugely amused to learn Cuba is the top destination for Canadians on holiday - short hop & all that lovely heat.

Watching TV - someone webcamming to the BBC about resetting interpreters - and I found myself watching the door behind him, hoping someone would come in!

Right, all the holiday stuff awaits - garden for religious observance, B&Q for very specific piping & I expect more Cornetto analogues. Health strength love courage & sunscreen to all as have need!
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    V Another Tunnock cake of tea is being aten wolfed down whil I think of BoPiness! Had usual snorkers and best back this morning. SpagYetti hoops grilled toms and trimming with scrambled egg. Tea was drunk.

4 Bin to barber and hair grooming. Still paying full price! Hair everywhere!

3 Watching cricket. No further comment!

2 Just realised that while I has bin shovelling st the mill, BoP is a week closer to his trip. More later. Oh yesterday was supposed to bee inn emporium M at cribs. Failed as it was choked there. Maybe news on the Anderby Creek trip later!

Too many cooks!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    On my D for V how well you understand me, I DO indeed cover lurchers, severely and with gusto!!!

1) The bus finally turning up on a meltingly hot day when the shelter which has a glass roof and walls was just too hot to stay in and the lovely driver who was waiting for it to arrive so he could change over with the driver was so nice and kept us all smiling while we waited the extra 40 minutes!

2) The combined perfumes of Rosa Rugosa in full bloom in the sun and the first philadelphus bush to open its eyes this year, heady stuff!

3) Finding 3 lightweight cardigans and 3 nice blouses in the CS this morning all for under £15.

4) The lovely man who rents across the road has just offered to do a run to our new home with all He Who Knows gardening equipment in his trailer when we move as his dad lives in the nearby city and he can visit dad after he delivers.

5) Rugby final on the telly, second half just off and so am I! DD1 and lovely James are actually there, we got them tickets as part of their Christmas present, hope they're enjoying it!
  • Hopeless_Case
    Hopeless_Case Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Morning all, & may the Bank Holiday Weekend be good for you!

Frith - sad news re: Marigold but I'm absolutely alongside LaineyT. NCS was great fun for one lad! (Others ducked out.) All the best tree felling & hurrah quarry tiled step, too! Migod for elder son but Podiatrists can work wonderful things. Orthoses are wonderful things.
    Mrs LW - I can't see anything that says it is Wrong to covet a friend's Lurcher?! To sell to another gardener is very satisfying!
    DundeeDoll - good to see the Auld Alliance delivering.
    mhagster - hoping you can have bath shower *and* an airing cupboard! Waiting for children is a rotten side of the job, but surely Haggis helps?
    house elf - a Big Cardboard Box is a very special pleasure, anywhere!
    VJsmum - hoping you survived the twin perils of hairdresser & dentist? Share the love of Irish coming home to vote - and the exit polls looking very hopeful.
    purplekitten - Owch car insurance but Aww ongoing cheery animal despite circumstances
    ampersand - hoping that case shows up but delighted you shared the wedding with the French in proper style. You have joined the Book - but to get ISIHAC makes sense. The world without Mrs.Trellis (& the lovely Samantha) would be a sadder place.
    LaineyT - love the image of tiniest foal asleep in buttercups.
    BoP - Will.Not.Covet.Tunnocks but effortful!
    Hopeless Case - welcome & well done excavating Under The Sink - awed at the courage!
    MandM90 - wonderful to hear so much positive & hurrah for real wooden sash windows!
    MrsSD - all the very best defending your kitchen as the one tidy room but dead right too.

OS Pleasures recently
    "Well that species" - son, trying to generalise across religions, manfully tries to avoid known-to-be-offensive language & misses spectacularly.

Oh my chicks! One keeps his mandatory meds in a little butter crock, the other has a McDonald's sauce paper pot for his morning multivite, proudly, "like a hospital".

Waved to the tailor. (The joys of flexi!)

The joy of finding misplaced things. Tempered by the awareness that being a little more forethoughtful would have saved the anguish, but then I'd have less of the joy.

"That's Olympic Gold Parenting, mum!" - blimey. They feel *that* strongly about Cornettos!

"Argh I've sewn it to the table" - leatherwork is a discipline demanding absolute concentration...

Son gave blood for the first time, with two friends. I am so proud of him! He & friends are all organ donors & I did send info about bone marrow - but may have to be more patient. I'm amused at how he plans to recruit girlfriend "as soon as she's old enough"...

Gym session followed by bath & now pleasantly flexible with my hair acting as air con.

Feeling boot leather revive under my fingers as I set to, cleaning & waxing.

Lactose intolerant vegan sib texted me to say thanks for the dark chocolate. At last, we have a common food group!

Seeing my Scouts having fun on camp via Facebook. Looking forward to firelighting photos as that what we were working on....

Hugely amused to learn Cuba is the top destination for Canadians on holiday - short hop & all that lovely heat.

Watching TV - someone webcamming to the BBC about resetting interpreters - and I found myself watching the door behind him, hoping someone would come in!

Right, all the holiday stuff awaits - garden for religious observance, B&Q for very specific piping & I expect more Cornetto analogues. Health strength love courage & sunscreen to all as have need!

Haha thank you, I surprised myself, and it was a bit like Mary Poppins' carpet bag - or 'how many people can you get in a mini' but in reverse :rotfl::rotfl:

Feels good to be sorting through things and regain control!! :)
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello

I woke at 7.50am...was so shocked, I'm normally up around 5am!

Nice doggy walk with Haggis. Bit of a black Labrador fest when we were walking. Haggis unsure at first but walked along side them rather than with them!

Boy child arrived safely after a very long drive. Much traffic jams . In the wilds for a couple of days climbing.

Out and about for what felt like ages. First stop was a fayre that friend had organised. Then into town and parked at library, walked into town. Had a costa voucher so went there. Wouldn't be my first choice but cost me nothing. Got some curtains and a lovely quilt cover in charity shop and then a pair of suitably orthotic red sandals. Comfort is my must have nowadays!

Then trailed round clothes shops with DD2 ( Waaaah) , quick nip into M&S to get some Percy's for DD1 in Melbourne. Then into library and borrowed a couple of books. Then went to Next where again I had a voucher. So bought a cushion. I do love a cushion! Then a quick in and out of BnQ , saw wallpaper I quite liked but shall keep looking! I know it's there! Then popped into friends and sat in her garden for half an hour or so. Then home!

Phoned my sister. Quick chat with her. She had dreadful hiccups and kept missing big chunks of sentences!

Picked some lovely cornflowers in the garden for some vases. We woke to rain this morning but it's been stunning since. I'm just going out to soak my plants again, must cut grass tomorrow.

Our old neighbour ( daughter) who's moved from overseas is here and her and DD2 are going out! I hope it's not too messy. Expect us in around 3am ! Great!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,189 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Saturday)

1) A lie in! Woke 9.30.

2) Hen OK and I cleaned out the sleeping quarters. They didn't really need cleaning with just one hen.

3) Bigger son worked at the pub.

4) Dropped more concrete (former porch floor) at my brother's. Then weeded the 2 big flower beds, pruned thing, swept up, carried ALL remaining bricks and concrete out of the garden to the path so it all looks tidy now.

5) Pork loin chops for tea with yesterday's broccoli cheese plus carrots, stuffing and gravy.

6) My school friend came round and we sat in the improved garden for a while.

7) Took bigger son to a party.

8) Smaller son has always enjoys "midnight shops". There are no proper shops for 10 miles so any shopping after about 6pm is exciting for him. We used to pop to Sainsburys after his football on Friday (so 8pm) and that is where midnight shops came from. Tonight it has been so clear and fine that we actually did a midnight shop! Got to town at 11.45pm and he was (and still is) so chuffed. :-)

Went through the forest on the way home hoping to show him some deer but didn't see any this time. We did see 2 bats and a badger.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    edited 27 May 2018 at 4:05PM
    Options
    Good Morning,

Didn!!!8217;t mean to be up so early, but still fretting about work:(

Had a nice chat with DS1 who has just got home. He has had a quiet night, as it was Pride yesterday, and everyone had done their drinking during the day :rotfl:

Yesterday

1. The EBay Empire is open. Spent the morning listing stuff as it was too wet to garden.

2. Stretched a ready meal between two for lunch by adding quorn and extra rice. DS2 had tuna.....again!

3. Made chilli for tea. DS2 wanted Katsu Chicken curry, so bought yet another ready meal, as he does not like spicy food. He was not impressed with how small his meal was. When I explained that his £3 meal was the same price as the massive chilli I had made for D1,, DH and me, with left overs for lunch.........he found a recipe for Katsu Curry on the internet :rotfl:

4. DH went to visit MiL. Came back with comedy gold as usual........he had to oil some hinges with !!!8216;UB40!!!8217; and the answer to !!!8216;Why isn!!!8217;t this light working?!!!8217; Was.......!!!8217;There is no light bulb in it Mum!!!8217;. :o

5. Watched !!!8216;The Green Lantern!!!8217; with a couple of Baileys and a box of chocs. Glad we missed the film at the cinema, and did not pay to watch it :rotfl:

6. Won a Bistro set and extra chairs on EBay:j Now thinking I didn!!!8217;t really need them! :(

Have a lovely day :)
  • Hopeless_Case
    Hopeless_Case Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    edited 27 May 2018 at 7:37AM
    Options
    Morning - looks like being a nice day despite yellow rain warnings

Weve got a family meal for DDs birthday

My garlic chives are flowering and looking gorgeous

My dwarf sunflowers are still totally unnibbled - going to plant the large ones in the borders tomorrow so fingers crossed for them

OH is starting to get organised in moving credit card balance to a zero rate one (its all in his name and hes not good at getting round to things but its beginning to begin )

Used free shower timer from Severn Trent and found my shower was so quick it hardly registered with the timer

Have a lovely Sunday
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Saturday pleasures,

A leisurely start to the day with a lie-in followed by scrambled egg on toast.

Trip out to the farm shop to stock up on their bacon, admired their bedding plants but am sure I can find cheaper.

Some days not sure if I live with Frank Spencer or the long lost third Chuckle brother, Capt S cutting back hedge and managed to cut straight through power cable :eek: luckily we have a breaker thingy. I left him stripping back wire to reattach plug....

Horse girlie worked like a dream on the lunge with no meltdowns and just a couple of turning in’s, know I’m biased but she is a stunning horse in movement and I have high hopes for future dressage.

Home and no electrocuted partner laying in garden so I prepared chicken wraps and sat down to watch footie, pleased to see Fulham going up but not so good for Liverpool.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    BoPiness again!

V Inn emporium this morning and grabbed the Bar Guns! Full trolley and enough bog roll for a months as well!

4 Raffles has nicked my T Shirt and is safe away from the Thunder things going on! He has been fed
    3 Te a tonight is mince and minted new Jersey's Carrots and Cauli as well. Dumplings are available! Strawberries and ice cream shall be aten as well!

2 Day I am not watching the cricket!

I am forced to watch this and I don't want to!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback