PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Our purchaser is coming to visit today so we can see what she wants left and what she doesn't. It will be really nice to meet her and hopefully (if the rain isn't too heavy) walk her round our productive patch to show her where everything is, apparently she's a gardener so we'll be leaving it all in safe hands.

2) DD1 read me quite the loveliest message in a thank you card she got yesterday from one of her upper 6th students who is fledging today to the big wide exciting world of university and real life, absolutely heart touching and the knowledge that she has changed a life and made someone whole again.

3) Text late last evening from DD2 asking if we might have the Zebra child to stay for a few days over his first half term holiday at the end of October.....OH YES!!!

4) Booked a table at our favourite Vegan Restaurant for lunch today, they do the best food and serve 'raw cakes' (totally delicious) for pud and the best coffee either of us have ever tasted, bring it on!

5) The house is steadily emptying of things we aren't moving with us when we go, I put a little bedside cabinet out on the drive, one that DD2 had 'Art Deco'd when she was in her teens with a message saying Free, please take me and someone did! Boot fair on Sunday saw lots of things go to new homes too and I'm using up the 'pantry stores' that I keep in the store room too, progress is a pleasure!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wednesday pleasures,

Early hours and couldn’t sleep (not a pleasure ) so came downstairs to read. My little shadow sat up with me, such a comfort.

Docs appointment and despite misgivings I was given time and attention, young doctor who was already running behind but obviously takes the time to listen. She also phoned later with another suggestion after talking to colleague, NHS at its best and should never be taken for granted.

In horsey town Mr Sparks, it’s been earmarked for the axe, sooner rather than later according to staff :( the food section is always heaving but clothes not so, chatting to staff it’s apparent that they have suggested it becomes just food but this has always fallen on deaf ears. & apparently it’s destined to become a Wilko?

Driving over to yard and in one of the nearby fields was the tiniest foal asleep in the buttercups, wasn’t there yesterday.

Love in the Countryside, do enjoy it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Lainey our Mr Sparks closed forever on the 21st April, we lost the BHS last year and that is now a B&M store and the rumour machine has it that the tiny and useless Debenhams branch they put into the centre to smarten us up is in such dire straits that they are going to close as well. We have a rash of eastern European shops, coffee shops and hairdressers/nail parlours taking the place of all the 'High Street Brand' shops that are closing one after the other! very sad!
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    ML. Inn BoP town we have a so called shopping complex that the council loses money in quiker that a fast printer. In the 16 years I have lived here, it has never been fully leased! Argos are moving out to S. In five years it will be boreded up!
    The High St is dead. If you work in retail, change jobs now!

V Bonus Tunnock tea cake has been put in the lunch box! And yous forgets yours! Also the usual of the bird biscuit, a club, some cheese, snorker roll and salad. After two complete kitchen disasters, cucumber is back!

4 T this eve is Chicken Roulette, not in Jimmy the Cook’s books! Chicken, with fridge bitsers including onion, mushrooms, peppers and whatelses. Tossed in the pan with a hint of garlic, spinach and chili flakes. Please if you are feeding children, the more flakes you give, the more fun you’ll have!

3 Watched the cricket again last night with a glass of firewater! Cheese was also taken!

2 Read about the school trip. Minded me of a visit to York. We had a packed lunch and did not touch it until we were on the castle hill. I had my duffle bag and a bottle of squash, glass, as well. Today it seems they wolf it down immediately. Don’t get BoP started!

Your toes have none, but your fingers have tips.

Until tomorrow, that’s all your BoPiness for today!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,220 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good evening. Another hot day here. Feeli like I've rushed around all day.

Up at 5.30am. Made another batch of tablet .

Nice doggy walk with Haggis and his old girl.

Drove up to a friends and then we walked over to school for sports day. Glad I took a jumper as the wind would cut you in two. Was there to support my friends daughter as she was at work and couldn't get time off. Good catch up with other friend.

Then dash home. Made melting moments .

Then went to Tesco and helped a confused elderly gentleman look for his car. He never came in his car. It took us 10 minutes of walking round every car in carpark to discover this! I did offer to drive him home but was a bit glad he declined as he smelled of wee! He didn't live too far away.

Then had a lovely chat with 2 guide dogs and their owners.

Got what I was going for...donations for friends bottle stall.

Then home. Friends daughter was coming here after school. Then had to go to other end of town to pay for sons car and left him to drive it home!

Then home and make tea as the niecely people's were coming and friend and her girl too. All a bit mad.

They left minus a great niece who's here for a couple of nights.

Son and daughter went out to help old neighbours who've recently moved back to Scotland from overseas. Thanks for letting me know you'd got there safely!

GN has just had her supper of toast, a bit of a chat and has gone to bed. So I've just sat down!

Friend brought me lovely tulips.

Now waiting on my children return ...discovering a new level of anxiety !

Have treated myself to an 'evening with Nigella Lawson ' one of my foody heroes in Autumn.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Quite a busy day today.

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast.

3) Hen OK.

4) Bigger son and I continued to take up the old porch floor. Managed to pull the concrete up in several large pieces leaving a beautiful quarry tiled step. :-)

5) Spoke to the hen rehoming people and 4 new ladies will be joining us in June.

6) Worked this afternoon but was a scribe, so I didn't have to stand up for hours.

7) Tree surgeon called and it will be taken down next week!

8) Did more work on the porch after tea, digging and moving rubble and found an old coin.

9) Smaller son made the tea - chicken curry and naans - at school.
  • Hopeless_Case
    Hopeless_Case Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Morning, what a lovely thread :)

Here are my 5:

1) Water meter fitted yesterday so we should save money on that

2) Won a pair of gardening gloves and 6 packs of seeds in a competition

3) it's nearly the bank holiday

4) Cleaned out my under-sink cupboard (for the water meter) and found loads of half used bottles which I didn't know I had - bonus :D

5) DD has got a new job

Things looking good this rainy morning
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thursday pleasures,

Baby bunnies in the garden, they pop through the hedge from the field to eat our grass and generally tease little dog.

Trip to emporium, few bargains inc CB pies now nestling in freezer. Our BH weekend treat was a bottle of sparkling Pinot Noir :j

Home and the sun had come out, pottered around the garden. A climber that was a bit bleurgh last year has gone mad, climbing up the side of the shed, nails tapped in and string strung across.

Made Goats Cheese and pesto slices for tea, leftover pastry so pinwheels made as well, most of which were snaffled by Capt S as he washed up!

Watched a downloaded film, The Wedding Video, with Rufus Hound and Robert Webb, was LOL funny with a predictable, but good ending.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1. Finally getting time to have a cuppa and catch up on what the Old Style pals are up to after a crazy few weeks!
    2. Fridge stuffed full of salady bits and a treaty shop being delivered on Sunday morning ready to go to the in laws for lunch/drinks/board games.
    3. Bank hol weekend stretched in front of us! Yay! And DD is off with her grandparents to their house in Spain for a week so we will have some relaxing evenings ahead of us :)
    4. Was our team day yesterday (we have the tiniest team in the company - three of us!) Lunch on the river and an afternoon putting the world to rights and action planning. Love my colleagues!!!
    5. Landscaping is in full swing. We have an actual boundary between our and next door's house which they've done beautifully and we finally have some privacy in the garden!!! They've also rendered a wall and are now laying slabs to replace the cracked 'orrible concrete down the side of our house. Neighbours keep stopping to say what a lovely job we've been doing on the house - particularly regarding the wooden sash windows we've reinstated. It's lovely that it's appreciated!
    6. DH is loving his new job. It's likely he'll have to do a lot of travelling but they've given him a company credit card and we can book everything ourselves and it's been confirmed he can keep his airmiles. Woohoo! He has also been given a new iPhone for work which means we can replace his dying personal phone with a cheapy for weekends. Every little helps!
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Scrambled eggs and salmon. Needs a bit of pepper and chives to enrich it! Tum needs some in BoP Lands!

V Watched a Flix on Net last night. Jack Nicholson in Anger Management. Don’t know how I missed it earlier! Squirty cheese on crackers was eaten!

4 Tea last nite was tasty Chicken Roulette with salad. Strawberries and ice cream as also wolfed down. Tum was rubbed!

3 Look it is a weakened of long! Happy days and BoP is ready with his can of red paint for the town. But is raining!

2 I have to avoid the car park at Almondsbury later, so off to emporium M to get the hair shampoo and Raffles food inn instead. Viewing time about 3 pm! Dark glasses are required.
    Having one today! Seems the softies has wanted mes to change my password again and the VPN failed. Back to the shovels I think and as it is raining, not take long to damp the fires! No I did not has a go at any of my four favourites either (Anger Management!)

I hear that the listening device has rung your friends list with last nights activities!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback