PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,165 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Tuesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Worked 8.30-11 and it went by quickly enough.

3) Got hen food, air rifle pellets and looked round the charity shops in canal town. Got 2 White Stuff shirts which means I now have several changes of tops in the right size!

4) A bit of drama at 3pm when I realised I had not left the spare key for smaller son. Phoned bigger son who happened to be in the town where smaller son's school is. He had 15 minutes to run from the town centre basically to the outskirts, find a teacher - even find a DOOR, as he went to a different high school from smaller son! - and hand the key over before smaller son got in his taxi.

5) Met my school friend for a cup of tea.

6) Did a lot of cooking this evening - Bolognese sauce plus fish pie base for later in the week.

7) Just watched Holby City.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    edited 23 May 2018 at 5:32AM
    Options
    Good Evening All,

DH is in Gloucester tonight. I am having an early night.....

Today

1. Croissants for breakfast.
    2. Weather is just right.
    3. Today!!!8217;s meetings went well.
    4. Egg and chips for tea.
    5. Managed to switch the new TV on all by myself! Watched Amazing Spaces.

Have a lovely day :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Had a chat with someone I hadn't seen in ages

2. DS1 phoned.

3. DS2 cooked tea.

4. Slept when arrived home.

5. Finished my book.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) A 'me' day today as He Who Knows has gone fishing with a packed lunch so time and space to do those things that need concentration and peace and quiet.

2) Getting all the bedding washed and dried in the garden on the line yesterday, smells so nice in the airing cupboard.

3) The store room actually has some empty shelves!!!

4) Saw the first 'Dog Roses' open on the footpaths yesterday when Cookie and I walked and noticed the first elderflowers fully opened in the sun but they were too high up on the bush to reach.

5) Finally saw some swallows 'hawking' over the fallow field on the 'Chicken Track' today and I'm sure I saw the first Swift while we were selling at the Boot Fair on Sunday morning, late but welcome.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tuesday pleasures,

Lesson on horse girlie, she was testing but I didn’t hit the deck :j

Despite the breeze I got really hot doing the above so the pleasure of a lukewarm shower and cooling down.

Phoned for a non-emergency docs appointment and was surprised to be offered one this morning, thought would have to wait at least a week.

Jersey Royals with our tea, we rarely eat potatoes but do like these beauties, especially with melted butter and mint!

Chelsea Flower Show and the lovely Monty.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Egg and Chips. no, that is reversion food!

V Mind me again that we ridded the local of the hawks that May in ’82. Drink up and be on your way! So I was in gym yesterday and another grieffest on the tv. No, I stopped watching that at 21:33Z 1982-05-03. No one gave a toss when Steve came and his brother was lain on Sir Galahad. Long time passed, but we had just done a twelve hour stint, and were wanting a proper breakfast as well. Now we have days of shallowness.

No one gave a toss when mum BoP had C in 85 and the … Still it happens, last year another, this year a close friend has it. You hope, but carry on.

4 Still was puppy fat trimming last eve, then home to de Raffles our tea. Sardines on toast with salad. You missed it, but Raffles is sharp on to the goodness of proper foods. He had Kitekat as well! Tum was rubbed.

3 Now you’d think that BoP with all his good food and culinary skills would be able to go through life without too much hassle. Oh no, two days of kitchen disaster has occurred! I mean, I did salad for the lunch boxes yesterday and no cucmber was placed. No worry, so last night, again with the sardines on toast, BoPsie scoots around the salad bowl and still no cucumber!

2 nite BoP will just have to not be doing tea as he is …

Don’t pick the flower as soon as you do so, it withers away.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Beautiful day again! Hurrah!

Lovely doggy walk.

Made tablet ( Scottish sweet) for friends charity do, shall make another batch tomorrow .

Planted my pumpkins in veg patch.

Lounged in garden.

Made a BLT for tea.

Walked as far at T to get more ingredients for baking tomorrow .
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,165 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Wednesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Kippers, poached egg and tomato for breakfast.

3) Hen OK.

4) Bigger son and I spent half an hour beginning to break up the concrete floor of the old porch. Got half way and realised, in front of the door and under 5 inches of concrete, is a beautiful quarry tiled floor! Don't know if we'll be able to lift the concrete without damaging it.

5) You could have knocked me down with a feather today. Saw neighbour and I've been given the go ahead to organise the chopping down of their enormous tree! I'll put some before and after photographs up on the day it is felled. Spoke to 2 tree surgeons who will give me a quote - it'll be a massive job.

6) Worked this afternoon.

7) Bolognese and butternut squash noodles for tea.

8) Bigger son has gone to the pub to play pool.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 May 2018 at 9:07AM
    Options
    1. Back in uk-land after over 3hrs on non-flying plane on foreign runway yday. Macron's reforming zeal/philosophy meeting resistance... Phoned M from plane and Yes, would glady have jumped off, gone back to last 5 happy days, stayed for good. A fair few did have their way and eventually left, averting on-board rioting amid total muddle, particularly those who were flying in specifically for Rolling Stones concert. Ongoing all sorts, apart from burgering all &'s onward paid travel. Late long distance taxis do not come cheap. Back now. Cold here. hwb awaits.

2. Cheques in post, true - received! :-), Nice banking tmrw as too late back to agree/organise Spits. Will help offset car-hire horrors and further claim by &. Paid in advance, but car not given, nor refunded.....yet. UK Visa payment plastic shown, but 'not permitted. as on website'. No, it isn't. 'Show me', demanded &. They couldn't. Was & to spend 5 days at Marignane? Meant over £400 're-arranged' contract, for 5 days...from a different company. Should have been at x by 10am easily. Finally there at 20h. & has considerable restitution work ahead.

3. Forthcoming schedules and estimates received today, look promising.

4. Fresh milk and bananas re-stocked in emporium late this arvo. Cappuccino and sunset up on The Gallops.

5. Not a pleasure. Small roller suitcase stolen, packed with v.v.v. likely £1k plus value[easily] in purchased bits for stock. No more quick jaunt>France flights for &. Car+trailer>France>Spain>France and back is next - July/Aug Start and stop where and when, at will. 8 boxes left in France and 2 fantastic chairs all acquired while away will then rtn. So much happened and done in so few days.
    Main reason for going was Watch The Wedding and we graced les commentaires et rapportages with our own improved versions. Sour woman Beckham. Lumpen Fergie filles. Endless fascination in France with Royal-ness much evidenced all day, much of night. 3 more perfect Middleton ensembles noted and approved. Great day. Great Rothschild champagne. Next night, sorrow when Toulon did not advance at Stade Mayol face à Lyon. Another 'should NEVER have happened'.
    #
    Au lit &. A few tiny bits and pieces have made safe rtn journey. Research now, poss. take to Spits next week. & is still being chucked off mse, refused mob. access. Will catch-up read eventually.

Bonne nuit.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning,

Welcome home &. Sounds like a rollercoaster few days. I hope the suitcase turns up. :eek:

Yesterday

1. Usual fiasco of trying to juggle class based teaching and meetings. I have cried several times. Pleasure? Got through to the end of the day. :o

2. I have a plan to get through to the end of term........ Not the one I wanted, and I will have to go back and clarify the situation. I have written a list of what I do and how I would like to develop my role. Need to be assertive. Don’t cry :rotfl:

3. Comp tickets for film with Freebie hunting friend. The Book Club.....avoid :(

4. DH had saved me fish and chips.

5. Watched Car Share unscripted. :rotfl:

Have a lovely day :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family