Forum Home» Energy

Green Network Energy Reviews: Add your feedback on the energy supplier - Page 18

New Post Advanced Search

Green Network Energy Reviews: Add your feedback on the energy supplier

edited 24 August 2017 at 11:02AM in Energy
178 replies 77.5K views
1121314151618»

Replies

• Green_Network_EnergyGreen_Network_Energy Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    25 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    Thinking of moving to green energy via the cheap energy club. Can anyone tell me if they take DD payments in advance? Also do they take higher payments in winter months and if not at what point do they review the DD amounts if at all after you have joined them. I’m just trying to work out my budget for the next few months. Thank you
    Yes they do - I hate it when they take payment in advance
    They review after 6 months - and it wont go down!

Hi Barnehurst,
    We carry out reviews of our customers monthly direct debits twice a year to make sure that you are not paying too much or too little. We have a responsibility to ensure that our customers do not build up too much of a debit or credit balance throughout the year with us.
    Your original monthly direct debit amount is set based on the information you provided when obtaining a quote about how much energy you use. If it looks as though what you are paying will not cover your ongoing usage and any accrued balance, we will increase your direct debit to cover this however, we do also regularly decrease customers payments if it looks as though they will be set to pay too much.
    We're sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with our service, if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will be more than happy to help.
    Kind regards,
    Jon - GNE Social Media Team
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Green Network Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Green_Network_EnergyGreen_Network_Energy Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    25 posts
    fevan said:
    I signed up for a year and didn’t have any problems within that year. However when I came to switch to another company, GNE refused to accept the meter readings that were provided by the new company and therefore I ended up paying a very large (inaccurate) final bill. AVOID 
    Hi fevan,
    I am sorry to hear about this negative experience.
    I would like to clarify that when switching, your opening meter readings with the new supplier are sent to an independent meter validation company as part of the standard industry process.

They will use historic meter reads and your expected consumption to calculate the expected read, with some tolerance ranges applied.

If the reading is within the expected range, it will be accepted. This then gets sent to us to close the account and to the other supplier to open the new account.

However, if the opening readings differ significantly from what’s expected, they will be rejected and an estimate will be calculated for both suppliers to use to close/open the accounts.

If your final meter reading does need to be amended, you will need to speak with your new suppliers to do this who, in turn, will hand these on to us. 
    Once we receive any amended meter readings from your new supplier, a revised Final Bill will be sent out to you accordingly. 
    If you have any further queries at all, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team who will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards, Fabio - GNE Social Media Team
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Green Network Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    25 posts
    haymanj said:
    Changed to GNE over a year ago.  I was last billed in October 2019.  I have just been informed that there is a discrepancy on the opening read and until that is sorted they will not bill me.  What a mess.  I now want to change my supplier as i can get a better deal.  Their admin is diabolical .
    Hi haymanj,
    I am sorry to hear that you are thinking of switching to a different supplier.
    I appreciate that we have found a discrepancy with your opening meter reading and for this reason we have stopped any further bills until this is not sorted out.
    I understand your concerns but I would like to clarify that this is only to ensure that your new bills are as accurate as possible and we are only charging you for your actual energy consumption.
    If we have already raised a dispute with the other supplier it may take up to 12 weeks to resolve that and we will keep you updated  with any progress.
    Alternatively, if you have any queries or need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team who will be more than happy to help.
    Kind regards, Fabio - GNE Social Media Team

Verified Company
  • CatCamCatCam Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I switched to them in March and still waiting for them to sort my refund from previous supplier.  They have been a real pain to deal with and it is still ongoing. Even allowing for the problems caused by Covid19 I am not impressed with their customer service 
  • Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    6.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I switched end of April  - all absolutely fine-  refund of credit from previous supplier (Octopus) mid May and the CEC £12.50 last week.

Never pay on an estimated bill
    25 posts
    CatCam said:
    I switched to them in March and still waiting for them to sort my refund from previous supplier.  They have been a real pain to deal with and it is still ongoing. Even allowing for the problems caused by Covid19 I am not impressed with their customer service 
    Hi CatCam, We're very sorry to hear that you are still awaiting a refund from your previous supplier. We would certainly expect you to have received this by now if you switched to us in March.

If you could please send us a private message on either Facebook or Twitter with your account details, we would be eager to have a look into what has gone wrong here so that we can start to resolve any issues as quickly as possible for you.

Kind regards, Jon - GNE Social Media Team
    Verified Company
  • Gerry1Gerry1 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you could please send us a private message on either Facebook or Twitter
    I'd be very disappointed by that response if I were a Green Network Energy customer.  It's very much an own goal to take part in the MSE forum, only to ignore Private Messages and to tell people to use Facebook and Twitter.
    I don't use Facebook or Twitter and have no intention of ever doing so.  I now have no intention of joining Green Network Energy !
    25 posts
    Gerry1 said:
    If you could please send us a private message on either Facebook or Twitter
    I'd be very disappointed by that response if I were a Green Network Energy customer.  It's very much an own goal to take part in the MSE forum, only to ignore Private Messages and to tell people to use Facebook and Twitter.
    I don't use Facebook or Twitter and have no intention of ever doing so.  I now have no intention of joining Green Network Energy !
    Hi Gerry1, 

To protect our customers' personal data, we will only be able to go into a certain amount of detail regarding a specific query publicly which is why we will refer people to contact us directly. The MSE forum posts is something that our Social Media Team will manage and so the easiest way to speak with us directly will be via Facebook or Twitter.

However, we do have our regular designated contact methods via email and phone, where our Customer Care Team are always happy to help with any enquiries. 

We are sorry to hear that this has made you a bit unsure of switching to us but hope that this helps in clarifying the matter. 

Kind regards, Jon - GNE Social Media Team
    Verified Company